DmC Devil May Cry

pArth

ya, i understand....but whats the problem if the game is good and plays good with a good plot etc. Just pretend that its some other hack/slash game and not DMC and enjoy it .... if you can :D

Would you be OK with San Andreas being remade with Robert Pattinson as CJ?

Would you be OK with San Andreas being remade with Robert Pattinson as CJ?

Honestly I don't mind. GTA games are more about the sandbox capability/city than the lead guy anyway. Unlike DMC. Seems like all of you fans have a crush on Dante and can't digest his new looks :exoticdance:

I am GOING TO HATE this game even if it has much better combat, much better story, much better animations etc etc than all DMC game combined. I AM GOING TO HATE IT. :furious:

this is the part where I tell my Mathematics Professor that probability can be zero. REALLY.

Honestly I don't mind. GTA games are more about the sandbox capability/city than the lead guy anyway. Unlike DMC. Seems like all of you fans have a crush on Dante and can't digest his new looks :exoticdance:

dude you don't realize, the game is about Dante, all about him. That is how it is. Yes the game-play is awesome and story is interesting, but the character is what you always remember. He is not your on the steroids demon beating machine. He is a guy who does all that with style and smile. You change the character, you change the mood, you change the game. Not done.

dude you don't realize, the game is about Dante, all about him. That is how it is. Yes the game-play is awesome and story is interesting, but the character is what you always remember. He is not your on the steroids demon beating machine. He is a guy who does all that with style and smile. You change the character, you change the mood, you change the game. Not done.

ya, i know man....chill ....

I thought he meant Timberlake and I was like :thumbdown: Didn't realize he was talking about Bieber.

Timberlake is awesome. Yes he was in a boy band but now he's all grown up and cool. I wouldn't mind him playing Dante in a movie adaptation of DMC.

Not just his looks but they've messed up the personality as well. He's an angry emo f** now and not the wisecracking happy-go-lucky Dante from the older games. It's like making Kratos a kind-hearted guy or Mario a badass space marine. Not to mention the changes to the gameplay - no Rebellion, cooldown on guns, less than 60 fps and God knows what else. If they wanted to make a supernatural hack n slash game they should've just created a new IP. You have to understand some characters are iconic and they shouldn't be messed with in this way. I only mentioned San Andreas because it's your favorite game. Perhaps it was wrong example because the GTA games don't have a single iconic character like Snake, Kratos, Master Chief or Dante who define the game.

Look at the Tomb Raider reboot. It's different from it's predecessors but Lara is still more or less the same. It's not hard to imagine that she eventually gets implants and becomes the Lara we know. But this emo Dante is no way the Dante from DMC 1-4. And now NT is coming out with stupid crap like "it's an alternate universe/timeline" when they themselves earlier said that this was an origin story of classic Dante.

Actually its more than just the character, but TBH people are hating on new DMC because of NT and their pedigree with action games in general. If the exact same gameplay with similar gay Dante was shown by Platinum Games with Kamiya as director it would've been hailed the best DMC game since Awakening. Of course if it was PG the gameplay would've looked something like this..

ros4vlwb.gif

it is not about him looking gay or different or anything about his looks, at least for me. But his character needs to be the same. The pizza-eating demon-a*s-kicker.

Also the DMC games are more about game-play than anything else, when you get a SSS combo, you feel awesome. you just don't mash buttons and slash demons, you try to extend combos using variety and getting the meter up. THAT is the most awesome part.

• 1 month later...

Archived