Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I don't mind the slow so much - even Blood was very slow. But most best picture awardees have an OMG moment / point to them. This movie just did not deliver in that aspect.

I found 'No Country for Old Men' very very BORING !

Thats something new :threatenlumber: !!

I just found the ending very very disappointing....but the narration was the USP of the movie IMO. Was hooked on to my monitor throughout !

Its VERY disturbing!!!

Also watched The Forbidden Kingdom...they should have left the white boy out!!

Just came back after watching Prince Caspian. It rocks. Typical Narnia. The special fx are top notch, good music, some nice humour. Same ole locations, but the theme is much darker. The biggest surprise was that it has an 'A' rating in India. WTF - the series is meant for kids.

There are some scenes which are total LOTR rip-offs.

One thing which bugged me was the print was very dark for the night shots. Now I couldn't figure out whether it was theatre's fault or the movie was shot like that.

Just came back after watching Prince Caspian. It rocks. Typical Narnia. The special fx are top notch, good music, some nice humour. Same ole locations, but the theme is much darker. The biggest surprise was that it has an 'A' rating in India. WTF - the series is meant for kids.

There are some scenes which are total LOTR rip-offs.

One thing which bugged me was the print was very dark for the night shots. Now I couldn't figure out whether it was theatre's fault or the movie was shot like that.

oh sh*t no!

I saw No Country for Old Men last night - I still cannot figure out how this beat There Will be Blood or Sweeney Todd.

i guess americans can relate to it better,its mainly about violence in america during the 80's and early 90's. However even i thought There Will Be Blood will win the best picture(one of the best movie ever,i liked it even better than citizen kane)

Saw Speed Racer with a couple of friends today and as has been the experience elsewhere I think we were the only people actually enjoying the movie! The theater was half empty and the folks that were there just couldn't get into it. We loved it though. We even played the original theme song on our cellphones right at the start when the curtains went up. lol. Nothing says GEEK more than synchronised cell phone theme music.

Amazing! :P

I'm dying to watch Prince Caspian... the reviews are glowing. But I don't have any time until next weekend :P

^^ watch it asap. dont know if it'll run too long. also be prepared for ppl talking, phoning, snoring because they can't understand what's the big deal about some animals jumping around.

PS. welcome back!

I saw Prince Caspian last night. Prince Caspian is a nice movie.... if u liked the first narnia movie, you'll definitely like this one. but ppl who dont like too much fantasy wont like it at all my rating: 7.5/10

10000BC was a sh*t movie... too much hype.... overly boring screenplay. my rating:5/10

saw John Rambo and Bucket List yesterday too

rambo was a good movie and i especially liked stallone... he's impressive even at that age. i liked the battle scenes which looked over the top with all the blood and the bullets flying around. my rating: 8/10

bucket list was a decent movie too... not too good... not too bad. Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson are amazing actors and did well in the movie too. my rating: 7/10