The Football Thread

Xeno

A club is the biggest when it has the biggest fan base not most value in terms of money.

We have biggest fan base and are 2nd in brand value according to forbes.

Deal with it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

The average joe who knows jack sh*t about football is a united fan :rofl:

No offence to joe cool.

i've gt a feeling united isnt gonna sign some1 big at best they might sign some relatively unknown player who ends up shining

of all thr ppl utd could use/rumoured to want like thiago fellaini baines etc none seem to be comin :(

No offence to joe cool.

considering how you started watching football and posting in this thread after you started playing FIFA(12?), its ironic that you are not a United fan by your logic.

• Like 1

Keano not generalizing here, but I've met so many "fans" who will pick a fight with me just because I am a Pool fan, and Oh the great rivalry. But they don't even know players like Ole Gunnar, Wes Brown. Many don't even know that Nistelrooy played for ManU.

considering how you started watching football and posting in this thread after you started playing FIFA(12?), its ironic that you are not a United fan by your logic.

I did watch football in 06-07/08 but not as religiously as now...back then winning eleven / pro evolution was the inspiration.

I even know a united fan who thinks ronaldo still plays for united and is a Brazilian :giggle:

And that fan has even visited the old Trafford.

pwnd :rofl:

Baniya :ha:

Edited by AngerSmash

970574_488184897925607_955734134_n.jpg

btw der is no denying tht max plastic fans either support utd
doesn really change the fact its the best team in pl :P

chelsea plastic fans kuch kam nahi a guy recently asked me y doesn drogba strt anymore

nt knwin plyrs of the past is forgivable but aaj kal kya chalta hai woh bhi malum na hona is :facepalm:

Edited by @@di

No offence to joe cool.

:rofl::hug:

A club is the biggest when it has the biggest fan base not most value in terms of money.

We have biggest fan base and are 2nd in brand value according to forbes.

Deal with it.

As much as I hate United and Rad will know I hate them just a little more than he hate's Liverpool but I have to accept this statement. But even you will have to accept this

We are still the Most Successful English Club in Europe :)

:lol:

Keano not generalizing here, but I've met so many "fans" who will pick a fight with me just because I am a Pool fan, and Oh the great rivalry. But they don't even know players like Ole Gunnar, Wes Brown. Many don't even know that Nistelrooy played for ManU.

They do have a portion of plastic fans who know nothing about Manchester United as a club but that is bound to happen as they are so successful over the recent years.

Edited by The Wall
  • Like 2

my 2 cents here-

Idiotic fans are everywhere. there are people who jump on any passing hyped bandwagon and become fans of the flavored club of the year/s without knowing jack sh*t about the sport, its history and even the club in general and then there are people who take pride in their supposed 'real-ness' as fans and ridicule fans of a present successful club by identifying them with the former group of plastics and believe that just because their team has not done anything good and still they have stuck around some how gives them a higher moral authority.

Now both these groups entail equal amounts of retard and it is best if we keep atlest this forum clean of them.

Also we have to accept that because of our geographical location vis a vis europe, any one's favorite club will invariably materialize having some unavoidable bias, either trophies in present or feverishly woven lore of the past or a particular player or even the design of the kit. I mean it is not as if we have any local sentiments or culture/environment around us that would push us to any one specific club.

• Like 2

The way i see it is, with the popularization of cable tv in the 90s, the names which hit the indian nation first were names like ManU and Real in football, Ferrari in F1, and recently Federer in tennis. It became cool to support one of these, either to show their loyalty to the cult, or just as a conversation starter. People even started copying the passion showed by real fans :doh:

But yeah, it's better to keep such sh*t out of this forum. Even I don't know a lot of football rather than the EPL, and a bit of la liga. So I keep my mouth shut when people talk about bayern, or juventus etc.