The Football Thread

Xeno

I am hurting from the loss, BUT I AM PROUD to be a United fan.

We are the world champions. We came back from that and fought for every win in a gruelling league, beating of our biggest rivals to equal their record of titles.

We have this season see the likes of Evans, Macheda, Wellbeck, Rafael step up when needed;

We have seen our legends, turn back time and play some amazing football, that players a decade younger to them have no answer for.

We have seen players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Carrick, Fletcher, Evra, Rio, Vida, VDS play football at a level week after week (sometimes thrice a week) which you and me can only dream of.

And we have seen our Boss, take crap about him, his team, his players, his tactics etc (crap often from "fans" of the team) with dignity and respond on the ground.

Thanks for the season Manchester United. No shame in losing one game to a team of barca's calibre. Ole' to barca :hi:

But for me, its Viva United!! :majesty:

I am hurting from the loss, BUT I AM PROUD to be a United fan.

We are the world champions. We came back from that and fought for every win in a gruelling league, beating of our biggest rivals to equal their record of titles.

We have this season see the likes of Evans, Macheda, Wellbeck, Rafael step up when needed;

We have seen our legends, turn back time and play some amazing football, that players a decade younger to them have no answer for.

We have seen players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Carrick, Fletcher, Evra, Rio, Vida, VDS play football at a level week after week (sometimes thrice a week) which you and me can only dream of.

And we have seen our Boss, take crap about him, his team, his players, his tactics etc (crap often from "fans" of the team) with dignity and respond on the ground.

Thanks for the season Manchester United. No shame in losing one game to a team of barca's calibre. Ole' to barca :)

But for me, its Viva United!! :majesty:

Finally a Manutd fan i can associate myself with... :hi: Thats what i have been trying to convey all this while.

Praveen brother one advice... Never trust news reports from Goal, News of the world, Marca etc., These are like a foreign version of Aaj Tak. Sensationalism is what they look for. Trust me you'll see many instances till August where this player would be coming to this team. That player has held meeting with that guy. This player is unhappy. Take it with a pinch of salt and trust SAF and the Manutd staff to do the right thing. :hi:

Finally a Manutd fan i can associate myself with... :majesty: Thats what i have been trying to convey all this while.

+1 we came this far,especially after glazer taking control of united,then loosing to villareal,chelsea winning league twice,they said liverpool will challenge chelsea for title before start of 2005-06 season ,look where were r now :hi:

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

It was an off day for united. None the less it was an amazing season for us having equaled the record of 18 league wins along with being the World champions, runners-up in Europe and Carling Cup champions :) . It did hurt a bit that our 2 years unbeaten run in UCL come to an end at wrong match. Barca won it fair and square. But if park's shot was not blocked in the beginning of the match, the result might have been different. Lets enjoy the amazing season my fellow man united fan. We will bounce back. Waiting for the next season....

Praveen brother one advice... Never trust news reports from Goal, News of the world, Marca etc., These are like a foreign version of Aaj Tak. Sensationalism is what they look for. Trust me you'll see many instances till August where this player would be coming to this team. That player has held meeting with that guy. This player is unhappy. Take it with a pinch of salt and trust SAF and the Manutd staff to do the right thing. :chair:

Not foreign version of Aaj Tak. They are worst than it. Maybe India TV :) where News comes like UFO was seen by people, India already fixed matches for World cup t20 etc.

although last night was the worst in my life but i have to admit that Barca were the better side based on that performance n deserved to win.

but still, i'm proud of ManU. it was a wonderful season. could've been even more wonderful had we won the fa cup n CL, but still it's something any ManU fan can be proud of.

Praveen brother one advice... Never trust news reports from Goal, News of the world, Marca etc., These are like a foreign version of Aaj Tak. Sensationalism is what they look for. Trust me you'll see many instances till August where this player would be coming to this team. That player has held meeting with that guy. This player is unhappy. Take it with a pinch of salt and trust SAF and the Manutd staff to do the right thing. :bash:
:) ok... i never trusted it. I saw some of the stuff they have on the website. I just posted it here coz i thot it was funny how ronaldo always has something around him :P

+1 we came this far,especially after glazer taking control of united,then loosing to villareal,chelsea winning league twice,they said liverpool will challenge chelsea for title before start of 2005-06 season ,look where were r now :chair:
yeah. I was watching the match with a group of friends and few of my friends who were liverpool and arsenal supporters started mocking us and jumping around saying that ManU sucks and mocking us about the quintiple and all... it was quite pissing off because none of their teams even got to the semis. I just dont understand why everybody hates manU regardless which team they support. :chair: Edited by pra2veen

^Thats true, United has most supporters and most haters as well :)

My friend, a barca supporter got into a brawl at a pub here with the hundred other people wearing the red jerseys. Geez.

Just like me, supporting DC in a pub at bangalore. But I only got stares :chair:

^ Ya I figured that. Chelsea fans from those years are no longer Chelsea fans.

peace

LOL.. no. there are still some fans around. I started following Chelsea frm their 97 FA cup win Di matteo FTW..!! :chair: Fastest FA final goal ever..!!

Ranieri was good but we never took the extra step towards the glory under him. We were like everton or Villa of now. Jose brought the hunger and killer instinct and Roman those roubles (whatever anyone might say, money does help).

By 'old force' I ment the performance under Jose's initial years. After his departure we looked pretty impotent, esp under that brazillian bafoon Scolari. :)

Hiddink over the last 2-3 months has brought the old chelsea feeling in the team. Our attack still lacks quality and youth but the defence and midfield is awesome.

GOING TO WEMBELLYY...!!!!

Finally a Manutd fan i can associate myself with... :) Thats what i have been trying to convey all this while.

:P .. great minds and all that..

It was an off day for united. None the less it was an amazing season for us having equaled the record of 18 league wins along with being the World champions, runners-up in Europe and Carling Cup champions :hi2: . It did hurt a bit that our 2 years unbeaten run in UCL come to an end at wrong match. Barca won it fair and square. But if park's shot was not blocked in the beginning of the match, the result might have been different. Lets enjoy the amazing season my fellow man united fan. We will bounce back. Waiting for the next season....

thats the great thing about the team eh. Only barca (and that too this year) can boast of so many titles in recent years, and we fans are dejected because we currently have only what FOUR TITLES??? As of now, NONE of the other Premier league teams has even one that they currently hold.

(though i forget Next Year is definitely Liverpools year!! :thumbsup" )

although last night was the worst in my life but i have to admit that Barca were the better side based on that performance n deserved to win.

but still, i'm proud of ManU. it was a wonderful season. could've been even more wonderful had we won the fa cup n CL, but still it's something any ManU fan can be proud of.

Should be proud of!!

LOL.. no. there are still some fans around. I started following Chelsea frm their 97 FA cup win Di matteo FTW..!! :P Fastest FA final goal ever..!!

Ranieri was good but we never took the extra step towards the glory under him. We were like everton or Villa of now. Jose brought the hunger and killer instinct and Roman those roubles (whatever anyone might say, money does help).

By 'old force' I ment the performance under Jose's initial years. After his departure we looked pretty impotent, esp under that brazillian bafoon Scolari. :)

Hiddink over the last 2-3 months has brought the old chelsea feeling in the team. Our attack still lacks quality and youth but the defence and midfield is awesome.

GOING TO WEMBELLYY...!!!!

i wonder who becomes part of the merry-go-round that is your manager's chair. Hiddink for a whole season would have been very good for you, but that aint happening. (thank god).. Ancelotti?? Would love Mourinho back, but that aint happening for sure. Surely none of the current EPL manager.

:) ok... i never trusted it. I saw some of the stuff they have on the website. I just posted it here coz i thot it was funny how ronaldo always has something around him :P

yeah. I was watching the match with a group of friends and few of my friends who were liverpool and arsenal supporters started mocking us and jumping around saying that ManU sucks and mocking us about the quintiple and all... it was quite pissing off because none of their teams even got to the semis. I just dont understand why everybody hates manU regardless which team they support. :P

Um.. arsenal made it to the semis. :)

@SchneideЯ

Trying to stir up a fight are we..!?!?

Ok.. chuckles, here we go...

This coming from the supporter of a team which failed to win a single silverware this season against the supporter of a team which already has three trophies with it. Talking about THE BEST TIME ARE WE??? :)

beat hav u forgotten FA cup..?? the final is stil to be played. Yes we cud lose it, but we can also win it. So please, shove it. :P

also about "best time", i ment was-

^Lol exactly. Nemo was in Schneider's place when Chelsea lost to Barca. and everyone else was crapping about Chelsea and he was replying to all.

you obviously are down in the dumps after the defeat and as much as I'd Love to rub it in, its no point trying to properly argue with u because I know- i hav been there before.

Hmmm. Tactics being discussed against a man who has single handedly taken a team to greatness.

Fergusen has no doubt been the best manager of all time, but his plans came unstuck in the final big time. His tactical flaws were obvious. Barca had a makeshift CB pairing, not trying to exploit it with proper strikers reeked of low confidence and cautious approach. putting ji sung park up against a 35 yr old Sylvhino instead of ronaldo..??

success against porto and arsenal does not mean having the similar effect against barca. Also, all thru the match united tried matching barca at their game and royally failing at that. Perhaps U might want to look at the chelsea-barca semi, etoo was nowhere to be seen, messi was man marked out of the pitch.. honestly the only time his name was mentioned over the two legs was when he slipped the ball to Inesta in the 94th minute.

and here he score a header.. a feaking header FFS. Shows how the defence compares. e2 was running circles around O'shea. United were torn btw attack and defence and in the end were abysmal at both ends. As good as Fergie is, he was undone by a man managing in his first year in top flight football. Red nose aint infalliable.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha... Looks like we are talking about regular top level football. How many games will Chelsea offer him? Wait a minute. Click on this...

http://www.skysports.com/football/squad/0,...2,11667,00.html

Now tell me how many games will chelsea offer him? And thats just the Premier League Stats... :P

Are u an idiot..?? or just blind ?? Look at the page u linked. Just look at vander saar's stats. Played 48 matches, how the hell can they be 'just the Premier League Stats' ?? where the hell u pulled out the extra 10 games??

Anyway, to answer to ur question about Chelsea offering him games.. hmm lets see.. UCL, PL, FA, CC.. in short just about every effing competition that he was made to sit out in the bench in united colours, he will play in the starting line up if he comes to stamford bridge.

You know, i really considered you as a knowledgeable football fan but i am really disappointed today.

Did i compare Porto with Barcelona? Can you quote my exact words please?

sure mate,

Rooney has been a kickass player on the wings this season. He has had numerous assists from the left side and if you had seen the match we played against Tottenham which we were 2-0 down but eventually won 5-2, you will probably agree that you are talking out of your a*s here. But then again i dont expect you to know that. Again if you remember Manutd vs Porto match he single handedly managed to subdue the Porto Right back! The same f**ked up jerk who ran us ragged in the first leg. I am sure you wont remember that as well. Therefore i am trying to get your attention here.

U just said he bitchslapped Porto's fullback when I asked why did he play on the wings against barcelona.

YOU SAY - I saw most of the time rooney working as make-shift fullback trying to pin in messi. THAT WAS THE f**kIN POINT!!! HE SUPPORTS THE DAMN FULLBACKS. Thats why he played as a winger. And so has Park. But then again :)

errm.. Is not he supposed to.. u know.. attack as a winger ?? If my winger spends most of the time in my half, I know things are bad. Just saying he wud hav been much more effective in CF then ronaldo. I am not questioning Fergusen here, he is unquestionably the PAPA when it comes to winning things.. but he came a cropper in the final. Like it or not, screw ups in a big UCL final will be scrutinized much more than in any random matches..

Edited by Nemo

Sam trust me most of the Chelsea supporters dont even know about Marcel Desailly. They wont know who a Graeme Le Saux was and to which team he got tranferred once the riches entered Stamford Bridge. Ask me and i'll tell.

Thats the point i was trying to make when i said GLORY HUNTERS. NOT ALL BUT DEFINITELY MOST.

please do not generalize. I, u and everone's granmomma know that who has the most plastic fans. Manchester united. I am not saying u are one of them and would ask u to not label me as well. I started supporting the club since 1997.

^:)?

U do realize that I was trying to calm schneider down? And that my point was that these arguments are no point really. Excuses, if u may. And no I was not in the dumps as I dont support either club.

Oh and u were trying to reply to all the crap u heard against ur club when they lost to barca. U denying that? Not that I am putting it as a bad thing. I just made a comparison and that he was in your place yest

Edited by Death Stryke

:) .. great minds and all that..

thats the great thing about the team eh. Only barca (and that too this year) can boast of so many titles in recent years, and we fans are dejected because we currently have only what FOUR TITLES??? As of now, NONE of the other Premier league teams has even one that they currently hold.

(though i forget Next Year is definitely Liverpools year!! :thumbsup" )

Should be proud of!!

i wonder who becomes part of the merry-go-round that is your manager's chair. Hiddink for a whole season would have been very good for you, but that aint happening. (thank god).. Ancelotti?? Would love Mourinho back, but that aint happening for sure. Surely none of the current EPL manager.

:P

one thing i really envy about your team is the stability being offered to Fergusen. He went 6-7 initial years w/o a major trophy.. rite ?? before kicking arse all around england. The reason he is able to play youngsters now is because he has the respect fem the management. I hope we get someone below 50 yrs as the manager. Wud personally like David Moyes.. but i feel he is too green to manage in europe plus there is the case of managing the egos. Next best option is Carlo Ancelotti.. I really am hoping that we get him and give him a good long stay, atleast 3 yrs initially. wud love to see him build a dynasty ala Bill Shankly or Alex Fergusen.

Edited by Nemo