The Football Thread

Xeno

I remember i has read somewhere that arsenal get some % of the transfer fee also

Im nt sure about this

I think Arsenal have a buyback clause plus if we don't sign him then we will get some %age of his transfer fees. Plus there are rumors that buyback clause would only become active if Barca decides to sell cesc or accepts a bid from another club. It's not as if we can just go to them & pay that money & get him.

AW has already said a few weeks back that if United comes close to getting a bid accepted then we will use our buyback clause & that maybe one of the primary reasons why we haven't signed a midfielder till now(saving position + funds for Cesc).

If Ferguson was still the manager of United, I might have been a bit worried of Cesc going there but I am 99% certain that it won't happen with Moyes. Cesc has very very good bond with AW but in football transfers you can never say never.

United have given up on signing Cesc. Told ya :giggle:

Moyes is clueless when it comes to choosing transfer targets or atleast has been till now. Maybe he should just do the obvious & go for Fellaini because that's the only transfer target which would be 'realistic' for him.

who has 'The Great Arsene Wenger' sign??? :lol::pulpfiction:

who has 'The Great Arsene Wenger' sign??? :lol::pulpfiction:

My point wasn't about you guys not signing any players till now. It was more about Moyes going so public for a transfer target which was 99% not signing for you guys.

Arsenal don't go public over their transfer targets whether we are able to sign someone or not, so I don't understand why the comparison.