Complete STEAM guide - Announcements | Badges | Market | Trading | Cheap Games | Wallet and MORE

Heaven Angel

8Vp5Dn8.jpg

Dual trackpads

Haptics

Touch Screen

Buttons

Shared configurations

4jcH7W0.jpg

Can I use a controller if I don’t have a Steam machine?

Yes. It’ll work very well with any version of Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamController/

i have tried using my hdfc debit card which came along with welcome kit it doesn't work with steam or any other site ,was wondering if platinum debit card works ? i might consider getting it .Customer care people are telling ,for all debits cards to work with online shopping you need netsafe vcc facility which is currently under maintenance(since past 5 months).

So, just tried it.

It's pretty awesome except you have to trust your friend and login on his computer one time. (just once).

Once you authorize his device, he'll be able to use all your games.

jPcnOPr4AHowT.png

All AAA games work except Ubisoft games and few other games like Bioshock 1, 2, Batman. Call of Duty works.

Commercial versions of the SteamMACHINE will support AMD, nVidia and Intel graphic sub-system(s)

steam-machines-2.jpg

The proposed SteamOS-based systems will support a variety of graphics builds with GPUs from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia when they launch next year.

After the specs for the 300 prototype beta builds set to make their way into some lucky homes were revealed last week, it was easy to speculate that the new systems might—at the very least—be Nvidia-centric. In a nod to hardware flexibility, Valve has now addressed this possibility directly:

Last week, we posted some technical specs of our first wave of Steam Machine prototypes,” said Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi at Maximum PC. “Although the graphics hardware that we’ve selected for the first wave of prototypes is a variety of Nvidia cards, that is not an indication that Steam Machines are Nvidia-only. In 2014, there will be Steam Machines commercially available with graphics hardware made by AMD, Nvidia, and Intel. Valve has worked closely together with all three of these companies on optimizing their hardware for SteamOS, and will continue to do so into the foreseeable future.”

Source: Maximum PC

In-home streaming appears in Steam beta update

G7kB1g8.jpg

An update to the beta version of the Steam client adds an early look at the computer-to-computer streaming that will be an integral part of Valve's SteamOS and Steam Machines. The option for in-home streaming, which requires some "tinkering" to access, according to the unofficial Steam Database, doesn't appear to function yet for users, but offers some insight into Valve's plans.

In-home streaming options, shown in screen caps from the beta Steam client, indicate that multiple streaming source computers can be set up on a local network. Steam users will have the option to limit the bandwidth and framerate on a stream to improve its performance, and users will be able to browse streaming sources in Big Picture mode.

One of the major obstacles in getting the beta version of in-home streaming working is the inability to simultaneously log into a Steam account on multiple devices to authorize the feature. Steam DB theorizes that this option will be added by the time the Steam Machines beta rolls out to 300 select users later this year.

In-home streaming will be a key component of SteamOS when Valve launches the Linux-based operating system and associated hardware next year. Valve plans to make the broad Steam library available to users of SteamOS by streaming content — including games, music and movies — from Windows and Mac PCs.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/14/4839538/in-home-streaming-appears-in-steam-beta-update

http://steamdb.info/blog/30/

This is probably one feature of Steam OS that I like the sound of. I can just chuck the OS on my laptop and connect that to the TV. FREE streaming device.

Just hope streaming isnt limited to SteamOS to SteamOS only and works Windows -> SteamOS.

• 3 weeks later...

200 sale. After that you have to fill the form. (link will appear on your market profile). Just fill it with random details if you want. (I doubt anybody gives legit details).

Yes, it's fine to inflate market. I myself do it sometimes.

Welcome to Steam In-Home Streaming

Steam In-Home Streaming is a feature that will allow people to stream games from one computer to another anywhere in their house.

This feature will be available for beta testing later this year. Beta participants will randomly selected from members of this group, so join, have fun, and stay tuned for more details!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream

Archived