PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

It's for a friend and he also wants to play games like Cities XL.Will the quadro card be sufficient ?

See the difference between Quadro cards and GeForce GTX cards is only drivers

Quadro ones are optimized for greater performance of Productivity apps which in your case would be Adobe PS,IL,PP & AE.This is why they cost so much and are stupid from VFM persepective.They're meant for companies who can piss money

Gaming cards drivers are more optimized for gaming.A Gaming card costing 10K and a Quadro card costing 10k has a lot of defference in gaming performance.So if your doing this as a hobby get a GeForce,if its your Job and deadlines are very imp. then get Quadro,

It's for a friend and he also wants to play games like Cities XL.Will the quadro card be sufficient ?

He'll need to get something more traditional in that case, Quadro's, especially every level cards perform poorly in gaming.

Would recommend an AMD R7-260 or nVidia GTX750Ti in this case.

Although if he is looking to go professional, a Quadro would still be money well spent.

See the difference between Quadro cards and GeForce GTX cards is only drivers.

Whoever told you this could not be more wrong.

A professional grade graphic card has a very different emphasis, from the hardware level itself to perform more accurate simulations than rendering throughputs.

The driver only unlocks higher level calculation functionality that every processor is capable of. If this was the case, people won't buy Quadros they'll simply hack drivers and get by.

sent from miG

Edited by ALPHA17

He'll need to get something more traditional in that case, Quadro's, especially every level cards perform poorly in gaming.

Would recommend an AMD R7-260 or nVidia GTX750Ti in this case.

Although if he is looking to go professional, a Quadro would still be money well spent.

Whoever told you this could not be more wrong.

A professional grade graphic card has a very different emphasis, from the hardware level itself to perform more accurate simulations than rendering throughputs.

The driver only unlocks higher level calculation functionality that every processor is capable of. If this was the case, people won't buy Quadros they'll simply hack drivers and get by.

sent from miG

well that was the general gist i got from one Linus video and some questions on Tom's/Stackoverflow/Quora

well that was the general gist i got from one Linus video and some questions on Tom's/Stackoverflow/Quora

Do more research otherwise all these professional cards are snake oil.

Compare a Quadro card and a regular nVidia card. See how many differences you can come up with. :giggle:

sent from miG

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

lol don't buy Quadro or Firepro for personal use especially for that budget. First increase your RAM because 4GB is laughably inadequate for photo/video editing software. Then get a better CPU and then a GPU, in that order.

^ Really depends on what the end user wants, if he wants to learn stuff and is on a tight budget, cannot go wrong with Quadro.

If he just wants a card then I would go down your route. Plus, if a RAM upgrade in on the board they might as well pick a new kit since I have noticed newer modules do not play nice with old hardware.

Looking for a gpu with hdmi 2.0 in range of 30k to 33k.....what are the options in nvidia and amd

Your only choice seems to be the GTX 970 which retails for 26-31k.

I tried looking up the specs of the R9 390 which is supposed to cost 28-30k on release but I can't see any mention of HDMI 2.0 in any of their spec sheets.

Honestly though, if you're looking to power a 4K 60hz display then the 3.5gb full speed ram on the 970 might be a bottleneck. Not to mention both of these cards don't seem to have the requisite juice to run 4K at high framerates anyway.

• Like 1

If u are going with i5 4690 then u don't need

liquid cooling requires k version of i5 and x version of amd gpu

Plus u need take care of temperature plus u need to put a check the liquid leaking or not n random responsibility jus to nnjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks doc for replying back

What other options do I have, if I remove the money constrain

If I go with GTX 970 and settle down on 2k experience and as time passes by for a 1080p 60fs experience...in that case will a GTX 970 suffice

Also few of my friends says if I buy a good processor (i5 4690 or AMD FX octa core) and GPU (GTX 970 or R9 390) I will have to look into liquid cooling.....is that the case ?.....should I include liquid cooling in my budget ?

If possible can you suggest me a gamig rig in 1lac (both Nvidia and AMD setup) including 2 Xbox One controller. I will be excluding keyboard and mouse as I already have one and spend seprately on screen around 60k, I intent to purchase the 40 inch LG 4k tv which is selling for aroubd 60k on amazon, snapdeal etc. Not going into monitors as 40inch screen is my priority. Will be using this only for single player games and blu ray movie playback so yeah I will be needing a blu ray writer instead of the usual dvd writer.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

@alpha17 @Zodak™ @mafia97

these peeps would suggest u the best build :)

Edited by harjas

hehe

Thanks Harjas for pointing out PC pros here. :)

Alpha, Zodak, Mafia please help me out with your valuable inputs and ooh yes I plan to buy the PC in November end...is that the ideal time to buy ?

Thanks in advance.

November end is good. It will be Diwali so there might be some good offers, and by then, the Fuxy X cards will be out, which might reduce the price of other cards (fingers crossed).

• Like 1

:rofl:

His suggestion would f**k up the 1 lac PC ...:P

I am talking abt zodak not white wolf :P

Also op i just saw that u are willing to buy components around November so will suggest to ask then only as new intel cpus will come around that time :)

Edited by harjas

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

If you are looking for a steady 1080p / 1440p performance, go for the R9-290X or R9-390. The larger pool of memory would be handy.

The GTX970 thanks to its disproportionate memory division has problems in performing consistently above 1080p.

Also, if you are holding out for a purchase, Diwali time is good. We will have some fresh hardware to look at.

Please keep your PC related queries to these threads, this is a news and discussion thread. Cheers!

If u are going with i5 4690 then u don't need

liquid cooling requires k version of i5 and x version of amd gpu

Plus u need take care of temperature plus u need to put a check the liquid leaking or not n random responsibility jus to nnjoy

Nothing like that, you can water cool an entry-level dual-core if you want to.

Edited by ALPHA17