The Photography Thread!

DaftSmiley

6D is still much better . BTW u can get a 6D for 70-80k :P

Nope, except for full frame and maybe wifi, the new 7D basically nukes it from the orbit. 6D would've been instant buy for me if it wasn't for that horrendous auto-focus system and cheap overall build. One fking cross type sensor, seriously Canon?

DSC_0037.jpg

NEMO

DSC_1126-2.jpg

My Niece

DSC_2994.jpg

Sis-in-law/Assistant

HEL004.jpg

Random Guy in the Society.

DSC_0193.jpg

Manipulation.

DSC_0069.jpg

Alekh Bhai (Bird Bird Bird) "If you know what I mean."

Rain.jpg

My son.

On%2Bthe%2BTruck.jpg

Shot from the car.

DSC_1673.JPG

Shot from the same car a few days later.

Edited by DishuBOSS
  • Like 2

Nope, except for full frame and maybe wifi, the new 7D basically nukes it from the orbit. 6D would've been instant buy for me if it wasn't for that horrendous auto-focus system and cheap overall build. One fking cross type sensor, seriously Canon?

As it is with most products , most marketers have led us to believe that more the cross type focus points , better the AF system . it is true in case of really fast paced events like sports due to phase detection but otherwise if you just know how your camera's focusing system works , u can easily nail it with one point !

Moreover , features like WiFi and GPS are pretty useless or maybe i'm old school :P

However with the new 24mm EF-s lens I believe crop frame cameras now cover almost all major focal lengths at a much cheaper rate .

Moreover , features like WiFi and GPS are pretty useless or maybe i'm old school :P

Though I agree on the GPS thing (useless for me), but WiFi is very important. Especially if you are a pro.

I am certain that in near future, almost all the cameras will have inbuilt wifi.

Other things from what I've heard from Nikon users is that AF-S lens have their own focus motor and are silent , have a sturdier built and focus much faster !

But D90 has its own focus motor. That's why I asked the question. Shall I still go for AF-S?

But D90 has its own focus motor. That's why I asked the question. Shall I still go for AF-S?

Well D90 has an inbuilt motor, so you certainly need not to buy the AF-S lens.

However, it might come in handy if you change the camera to a model that does not have an inbuilt motor (ex: 3100, 3200 etc). Or if you decide to sell the lens, it will be easier to find a buyer if your lens has a focus motor in itself.

But if you dont plan to change or sell, I'd say go with a cheaper one.

As it is with most products , most marketers have led us to believe that more the cross type focus points , better the AF system . it is true in case of really fast paced events like sports due to phase detection but otherwise if you just know how your camera's focusing system works , u can easily nail it with one point !

But it doesn't even have other focus points. 11 points is really pathetic for a full frame prosumer camera all huddled up in the center, even my 4 year old Kiss X4 has something like 9 points. And 7D's 10 frames per second with 31 raw buffer and dual focusing is on a completely different planet compared to 6D. TBH 6D actually made me almost switch to Nikon despite having 5 Canon lenses (one of them L), that's how much I despise it. 80k for it is 80k wasted money.

^ Win, but not everything. How often do we need 10FPS? Sports, or something fast?

Most of the time, we shoot portraits or street. So 10FPS is not the feature that most of us (who are not Pro sport shooters) need. A modest 5FPS with other great features would be better for people like us.

Good one there Dishu. I have a mere D3200 with a 35mm f/1.8G lens (or an 18-55 kit lens for some photos below)...so... Pictures below are from the Microsoft Car Show in Redmond today... part of our Giving Campaign. So many sexy cars... A very small subset of the photos I took.

Apologies for lower quality, had to decrease quality and resolution drastically to make it go up on Imgur.

First Set:

EgHy8It.jpg

8diIAhr.jpg

oSfPhME.jpg

0i0lppa.jpg
0xEinTU.jpg
wHzpk7J.jpg
qYogCxZ.jpg
qoSs2wW.jpg
7afa5Tx.jpg
WUlvg7x.jpg
Second set:

EJBg2zJ.jpg
Ms5x7h6.jpg
hPGU4xp.jpg
u4NXYdx.jpg
Tj9WmG2.jpg
aibH2fx.jpg
Axo8fkZ.jpg
tQVyAyN.jpg
w0qcOpq.jpg

Third set:

FwoaSHt.jpg
ayAIxIb.jpg
dVgeNPc.jpg
tND0bVS.jpg
GKV2TkX.jpg
NgxliZ8.jpg
U8zNHJS.jpg
e2pRuw2.jpg
WTGzlOI.jpg
O1JBOzI.jpg

Sets 4, 5 and 6 later... too many images for you to suffer on one post.
  • Like 4

^ Those are some really sexy cars, Gaurav.

I also have a D3200. It came with the basic 18-55, but I have now added a 55-200mm, 35mm (1.8G) and a Helios 44-2 M42 lens in my arsenal.

Also, I took an old Zenit ET from my father in law's hands and so nowadays I am trying to shoot on film. One roll has already been sent to the lab, and now I am trying to finish the second one.

:D

Guys can u pls suggest a good entry DSLR. ? It is for my uncle who just needs it to photograph his kids. He had a point and shoot but now wants to move up. I just saw canon 1200d on fk costs 26500 incl zoom lens. Is it a good deal . (guessing ofcouse it is) as even in news paper it was being advertised as 36k. If there are any other such cams, please do let me know.

Thanks.