Ni-OH

KnackChap

Yeah I don't mind if he is easy as long as I can progress lol. How do we co-op in this game?

if you have ochoko cups, you can offer one in shrine to summon someone and wait.

if you have cleared a level, then you can coop via Torri gate.

Ochoko cups are dropped by regular enemies now unlike during launch when only revnants used to drop that item.

By the way, did you try that blinding shell on Onoryoki. He goes all wonky and starts behaving like a drunkard

Neo: the magic component is the whole Onmyo tree. You will earn skill points by investing points in Magic or by earning Onmyo mage hairlocks(available under usable items). Magic is pretty strong in this game. Sloth Talisman is still OP. It reduces the movement of all the bosses by 50%.

Ambar: Onoryoki hits pretty hard. If you have been able to reduce his health to 1/4th, then you are getting a hang of it. iframes are very low in this game, so dodging needs almost perfect timing. At one time, go for only 2-3 attack swings and then step back. keep your distance and let the boss close the gap.

Digressing a bit: what are iframes ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

i believe the term is taken from souls. iframes are your invincibility frames where some actions make you invincible like dodging enemy's attack without taking a hit. Or another example from souls series, when you are opening a door, you are invincible.

more here

I have no idea what blinding shell is. No idea about ochoko cups too. I need to read some stuff about this game before trying again. I unlock bunch of skills like shuriken etc but no idea how to use them.

I think blinding shell is a ninjutsu skill.

You should have ochoko cups in your items section. If not, then fight some of the revnants and they will drop one for sure.

Every skill tree has independent and dependent branches. Carefully look at the connecting lines in the skill tree menu.

Independent skills can be unlocked anytime provided you have enough points

dependent skills can only be unlocked if you have previous skill unlocked.

To use skills, go to shrine and select ready ninjutsu. from there ready the skills and equip in your d-pad menu. I think you can swap between dpad menus by pressing R2. Its been quite sometime since I have played this game, so don't remember button combos.

Leveling up system/skill trees in this game need a spreadsheet to understand lol :P The fact that most of the terms are in jap doesn't help either. I just read a guide on polygon where they had a decent enough explanation about these things :

http://www.polygon.com/nioh-guide/2017/2/3/14472566/beginners-tips-tricks-help-stances-weapons-armor-shrine-stats-leveling-kodoma-skill-prestige-ki

All the descriptions are available in the game itself. Every skill will show you what it does and every character stat clearly shows what gets affected when you raise it. I personally didn't find anything hard to figure out. There are a few localization quirks but for the most part it's not that bad.

Now the amount of stuff to learn is overwhelming but I would suggest not getting too bogged down trying to understand everything. Just play normally and only look up stuff if you get truly stuck with something.

@Big Boss, try using a spear against Onryoki, if you can consistently get him to phase 2, all you need to do is bait his slam attacks and attack only when he's on the ground after doing one. The moment you see him reach for the ball, run away as far as you can. The damage you do in the beginning is pathetic and hence bosses feel spongy so try raising your main stats and finding a better weapon. It's all random so chances are you can find a decent upgrade from a regular mob.

The funny thing is Onryoki becomes a regular enemy/mini-boss later in the game, especially in side missions. Almost to the point where you will go... this guy again? Yawn... :yawn:

All the descriptions are available in the game itself. Every skill will show you what it does and every character stat clearly shows what gets affected when you raise it. I personally didn't find anything hard to figure out. There are a few localization quirks but for the most part it's not that bad.

Now the amount of stuff to learn is overwhelming but I would suggest not getting too bogged down trying to understand everything. Just play normally and only look up stuff if you get truly stuck with something.

@Big Boss, try using a spear against Onryoki, if you can consistently get him to phase 2, all you need to do is bait his slam attacks and attack only when he's on the ground after doing one. The moment you see him reach for the ball, run away as far as you can. The damage you do in the beginning is pathetic and hence bosses feel spongy so try raising your main stats and finding a better weapon. It's all random so chances are you can find a decent upgrade from a regular mob.

The funny thing is Onryoki becomes a regular enemy/mini-boss later in the game, especially in side missions. Almost to the point where you will go... this guy again? Yawn... :yawn:

I am at that blob thing boss.. any strategy.. havent really had a good go at him yet.. was too late last night so just a couple tries..

The game is fantastic.. the poison ground level was a bitch... i wish the game had interconnected huge levels like bloodborne...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am at that blob thing boss.. any strategy.. havent really had a good go at him yet.. was too late last night so just a couple tries..

The game is fantastic.. the poison ground level was a bitch... i wish the game had interconnected huge levels like bloodborne...

I'd say Umi-bozu is one of the harder bosses in the game. He's not actually hard but annoying and more often than not the arena will kill you rather than the boss. Some pointers:

- Make sure all the three torches/braziers around the level are lit before fighting the boss. It will prevent the little ones from spawning.

- Fire is very effective against the boss. Use fire talismans or the onmyo fire buff if you can. You can also light your weapon on fire using the fires around the boss arena but I don't recommend this as it causes the adds to spawn again.

- You don't necessarily have to wait for him to open up his yellow weak spots, standing on the edge of the platforms and hitting it does decent damage as well.

- The eye beam is an OHK, so the moment you see it open just sidestep and immediately get a few good hits in after he's done.

- Phase 2 is slightly easier as he gives you plenty of opportunities to hit weak spots. Just bait his slams and go crazy on the weak spots (watch out for the holes in the platform though).

Here's how I did this fight:

Oh man, this game really humbles you.... Getting my a$$ handed to me all over the place.... One mis-step and it's insta death and back to square one. And unlike bb, I can't even run past the enemies , most of them chase you down no matter how far you run [emoji14]

My hand is seriously aching after more than 2 hours of marathon frustrating game-overs yesterday ! Need to take a break from this game....

Also, dual katana and kusari Gama are the best weapons for low stance/fast combat/crowd control purposes ! Most revenants in the initial stages don't stand a chance against the might of kusarigama lol !

Oh man, this game really humbles you.... Getting my a$$ handed to me all over the place.... One mis-step and it's insta death and back to square one. And unlike bb, I can't even run past the enemies , most of them chase you down no matter how far you run [emoji14]

My hand is seriously aching after more than 2 hours of marathon frustrating game-overs yesterday ! Need to take a break from this game....

Also, dual katana and kusari Gama are the best weapons for low stance/fast combat/crowd control purposes ! Most revenants in the initial stages don't stand a chance against the might of kusarigama lol !

I can run past i am not having the issues you mention.. also use axe best weapon.. [emoji14] used axe in bb and here aswell..

I can run past i am not having the issues you mention.. also use axe best weapon.. [emoji14] used axe in bb and here aswell..

I used axe, it's way too slow and consumes lot of ki.... I'm going with the light armor/sword/dual katana build....I use kusari Gama once in a while just to watch the amazing combos !

I can run past enemies only if they aren't looking in my direction, once I had an enemy chase me across rooftops onto the ladder as well.... the bugger just wouldn't give up !

Finally killed him. Took 1 hour or so today. Used ninjutsu and magic etc. Dude kinda glitched or was my magic effect. I rarely die against any enemies though. Cleared the bandit sub mission without even dying. Human enemies aren't the problem. Game is so fun though.

I think i am 60 percent done with the game.. and still learning new tricks and skills..the combat is so deep.. bese i have ever seen.. crazy customisation options..

It opens up even more after you finish the story, especially on the gear front. There's seriously a ton of content and more is being added. And yeah the combat system is probably one of the best, at times even better than Souls/Bloodborne.

So facing off against onryoki, what a pita, facing such a big guy in such a small space :-/Time to get out the kusarigama I guess ! Let's see how it goes....

Btw, how to express/upload videos to yt ?

So facing off against onryoki, what a pita, facing such a big guy in such a small space :-/Time to get out the kusarigama I guess ! Let's see how it goes....

Btw, how to express/upload videos to yt ?

Record video using share option on PS4 and then upload to YT by linking your Psn account to YT account. It's very easy and straight forward.

I recommend downloading Sharefactory to properly edit your video with intro and outro

Archived