Viswanathan Anand became World Rapid Champion at the age of 48 years

santanu18

https://imgur.com/a/1dlap

VISHY ANAND - WORLD RAPID CHAMPION AT THE AGE OF 48!

His detractors asked him to retire, he decided to answer them by becoming the World Rapid Champion! Vishy Anand - the ultimate genius that the game of chess has ever seen! :) A proud moment for every Indian chess player!

Share this post everywhere and let everyone know of this fantastic achievement by Anand!

Source: ChessBase India

https://imgur.com/a/3bT8T

VISHY ANAND - THE ONLY PLAYER TO WIN TWO MEDALS AT WORLD RAPID AND BLITZ 2017

Vishy Anand wins the bronze medal at the World Blitz 2017. This comes after he had won the gold two days ago at the World Rapids. He is the only player to have won two medals at this event in Saudi Arabia.

He played 15 games of rapid, 21 games of blitz - that's 36 in all. He lost only 1 game, winning 15 and drawing 20! This is simply amazing for a man who is 48 years old!

Share this post to let everyone know what a gem Vishy Anand is! He surely deserves the Bharat Ratna. 

Source: ChessBase India

You do realize Bharat Ratna has only been given to 45 people so far. Includes people like CV Raman, Abdul Kalam, mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Nehru etc. Lot of people were salty when even Sachin received Bharat Ratna which I think he deserves. 

Anand got recognized and praised a lot early in his carier and even received Padma Vibhushan (2nd highest award includes people like Rajinikanth, amitabh). He was world champion at that time. Rapid and blitz are not considered as great as that. 

20 hours ago, KyoyaHibari said:

You do realize Bharat Ratna has only been given to 45 people so far. Includes people like CV Raman, Abdul Kalam, mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Nehru etc. Lot of people were salty when even Sachin received Bharat Ratna which I think he deserves. 

Anand got recognized and praised a lot early in his carier and even received Padma Vibhushan (2nd highest award includes people like Rajinikanth, amitabh). He was world champion at that time. Rapid and blitz are not considered as great as that. 

Amitabh and Rajnikant deserved it more and before Anand? Dude I am sure you are unaware of what Anand has achieved. Rapid and Blitz are format, just like ODI and T20 cricket. Winning it at any age is a huge challenge let alone be it 48 years.

5 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Sachin desevered it and So does Vishy.

Yes indeed. Both are global icons and dominated in their sports for decades. Their achievements are unmatched by any other countrymen.

I’m not sure if you are even aware of chess championships. Old players are better in rapid, because they have lot of experience and so they can make moves faster. All top rankers of rapid and blitz are old people and even last year champion is 47 year old Russian. This is not the first time anand won rapid either. He won it couple of times already. He is one of the best aggressive player, so rapid and blitz are his forte.  

I never said anand doesn’t deserve Padma Vibhushan. All i intend to say is there is no need for this “share what a genius anand is” kind of posts when he is already recognized so well. He is infact the first sports person to receive Padma Vibhushan. Even before Sachin. But if we had won 2003 World Cup Sachin might have been the first one to get it. 

In fact when Anand was world champion and defended it for constitutive years Bharat Ratna was not given to sports people. It’s only for science, arts and social services. Or else Anand might have even received Bharat Ratna when he was world champion. That changed recently and so Sachin got it just after retiring. Anand May very well get it sometime in the near future too when the time is right.  

On 1/2/2018 at 9:43 AM, CarbonCore said:

People who say Anand should retire or Sachin should retire should go back to their own 9 to 5 jobs that they hate and still work until they're 60 or more. 

more like 7-7, if you include the travel times :P

On 1/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, KyoyaHibari said:

I’m not sure if you are even aware of chess championships. Old players are better in rapid, because they have lot of experience and so they can make moves faster. All top rankers of rapid and blitz are old people and even last year champion is 47 year old Russian. This is not the first time anand won rapid either. He won it couple of times already. He is one of the best aggressive player, so rapid and blitz are his forte.  

I never said anand doesn’t deserve Padma Vibhushan. All i intend to say is there is no need for this “share what a genius anand is” kind of posts when he is already recognized so well. He is infact the first sports person to receive Padma Vibhushan. Even before Sachin. But if we had won 2003 World Cup Sachin might have been the first one to get it. 

In fact when Anand was world champion and defended it for constitutive years Bharat Ratna was not given to sports people. It’s only for science, arts and social services. Or else Anand might have even received Bharat Ratna when he was world champion. That changed recently and so Sachin got it just after retiring. Anand May very well get it sometime in the near future too when the time is right.  

Dude I am not just a chess fan, I am a pro chess player and a chess journalist for one of the top chess new portal of India. So I know the history. I have played against Anand too and met him several times.

Yes I believe there is a need to share these posts.

Dude I am not just a chess fan, I am a pro chess player and a chess journalist for one of the top chess new portal of India. So I know the history. I have played against Anand too and met him several times.

Yes I believe there is a need to share these posts.

Well.. that escalated quickly [emoji23]

On 1/3/2018 at 6:29 PM, KyoyaHibari said:

10-10 if it’s IT job ;)

Not if you can login from home after office hours ;)

but yeah, 10-10 seems to be the time for IT, atleast in blr.  I have it 7-6 due to dependency on office bus lol !

Not if you can login from home after office hours [emoji6]

but yeah, 10-10 seems to be the time for IT, atleast in blr.  I have it 7-6 due to dependency on office bus lol !

Working hours 8 to 5 ?

Archived