Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

6 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

you don't really need to quick switch in micro seconds to beat the game, although making QS work on a controller is possible to a fair extent

The game is more about tactical positioning and proper usage and mix/match of weapons, their mods and equipments

It becomes quite crucial on the tougher difficulties.

44 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

It becomes quite crucial on the tougher difficulties.

My comment was specifically for Nightmare difficulty with a controller 

I think Nightmare difficulty can be approached with different styles, quick switching being one of them. The other one would be the one I described 

7 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

My comment was specifically for Nightmare difficulty with a controller 

I think Nightmare difficulty can be approached with different styles, quick switching being one of them. The other one would be the one I described 

You're right. I'm not saying there are no alternatives but if you know which combos work for which enemies, quick switching will make your life easier.

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think they have nerfed all the difficulty modes on the console version. 

Try the pc version once if possible with the controller like @PhantomShade

@PhantomShade

I've not played the PC version but this is honestly the first time I'm reading this. Can you please post an official link?

Just now, Panopticon said:

okay but how does nerfing on division 2 by ubisoft imply similar nerfing on doom eternal by id software? Seems completely unrelated

Game balancing is pretty routine for console ports of pc games. Nerfing used to be one of the procedures undertaken by Devs. 

In any case, ancient god's part 2 was nerfed (compared to part one) . It won't be too surprising if they nerf the console port of the game. 

Regarding sources- there are many articles written on console ports of pc games. Nerfing is not a bad thing as the controller was not meant for fps titles, originally. Maybe that's why they give options of filtering out players who are using kb+ mouse combo during cross play. 

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

In any case, ancient god's part 2 was nerfed (compared to part one) . It won't be too surprising if they nerf the console port of the game. 

Regarding sources- there are many articles written on console ports of pc games. Nerfing is not a bad thing as the controller was not meant for fps titles, originally. Maybe that's why they give options of filtering out players who are using kb+ mouse combo during cross play. 

Interesting. Do you have any proof at all. Like, even one article that covers the nerfing of Doom Eternal's console port?

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

I think they have nerfed all the difficulty modes on the console version

Try the pc version once if possible with the controller like @PhantomShade

@PhantomShade

Reaction GIF

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I said might be nerfed. Specially harder difficulties

Btw part 2 was nerfed for sure

isn't he talking about DLC being nerfed as a whole? Where does he point out to consoles?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Try out ultra nightmare on both systems and see for yourself. Oh and use a controller. 

I am not the one claiming. You are saying, so I was just curious why. Its ok if you just said it like that only. no worries.

3 pages of random nonsense trying to tell people to play on PC because (Xbox users) people are enjoying it on Xbox is a shitty thing to do.

And when you were asked to provide source/proof, you link the Ubisoft Division game post. :ko: Then a Youtuber video that talks about DLC difficulty in general and nothing system specific... 

Millions play shooters on the console just fine including some of the hardest shooters and even online with controllers. You really need to take some time off or try not to interfere in every thread trying to make people playing on Xbox are bad/worthless to play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

52 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Nerfing is not a bad thing as the controller was not meant for fps titles, originally. 

Dude, given an option between m+kb vs controller, I would choose controller for fps games.

It's not about which one let's you aim a few miliseconds faster. I find controller more enjoyable.

Especially Series controllers that feel super responsive.

Played for 20 mins on 120fps and then tried the 60fps modes (balanced and ray tracing). I'm not kidding but 60fps felt like 30fps. It was truly beautiful! Please give me 120fps mode on every game even if it means playing on very low-res. Please!