The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Yeah i generally do but with this Automatic, its a first for me and the service center guy confused me that they need to perform "software update" after connecting the battery. 

That's biggest boat load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life. Cant believe the kind of stuff people come up with sometimes. Change your battery from outside. Tell him that you updated the software on your own and that Microsoft was started by your Tau. 

• Haha 2

Guys, I had a weird realization today. I was at a Shell petrol pump and I filled my tank only to realise they charge 4 rupees extra per liter! why do they charge more does anyone know? the petrol pump guy said "the petrol is better quality and will give better mileage" I think that's total nonsense. I just wasted close to 160rs for no reason. 

also, how many of you guys exclusively use unleaded petrol? is that better? 

5 minutes ago, hussain said:

Guys, I had a weird realization today. I was at a Shell petrol pump and I filled my tank only to realise they charge 4 rupees extra per liter! why do they charge more does anyone know? the petrol pump guy said "the petrol is better quality and will give better mileage" I think that's total nonsense. I just wasted close to 160rs for no reason. 

also, how many of you guys exclusively use unleaded petrol? is that better? 

Funny you noticed it now, it's been ages, they are a private company and have own rates. 

And yes the petrol is cleaner, they usually don't cheat and quantity is perfect, and I have generally seen a better mileage and pickup in my car, it's totally worth it. 

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Funny you noticed it now, it's been ages, they are a private company and have own rates. 

And yes the petrol is cleaner, they usually don't cheat and quantity is perfect, and I have generally seen a better mileage and pickup in my car, it's totally worth it. 

There aren't too many shell stations where I come from. The place was packed so I guess you are right. 

What about other "premium fuels" the "speed" and all of that? does that really affect your car that much?

9 minutes ago, hussain said:

There aren't too many shell stations where I come from. The place was packed so I guess you are right. 

What about other "premium fuels" the "speed" and all of that? does that really affect your car that much?

Yes it does, I can feel the difference in the smoothness and pickup, also mileage almost increases by 0.5 to a kmpl, you can check it yourself. That offsets the cost and generally makes it cheaper. You will also feel the difference yourself. 

Both my bikes and car get shell love only, and the fact that my apartment and shell petrol pump share boundary walls helps :)

Edited by AtheK

Looking to buy dashcam since last one year, I think it is high time I invest in one before it is too late.

Requirement :

Front and rare camera

Hard wiring

Parking mode (preferably)

GPS

Night Vision

Discreetness

Budget - ₹10-12k

I'm okay to wait for longer shipping times too, so Aliexpress or similar site is fine.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:28 AM, Root said:

Looking to buy dashcam since last one year, I think it is high time I invest in one before it is too late.

Requirement :

Front and rare camera

Hard wiring

GPS

Night Vision

Discreetness

Budget - ₹10-12k

I'm okay to wait for longer shipping times too, so Aliexpress or similar site is fine.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Wide-Angle-G-Sensor-Dual-Port-Charger/dp/B075S7W6FR/ref=sr_1_15_sspa?crid=1H5BNGCJMXHBB&dchild=1&keywords=aukey+dash+cam&qid=1601564936&s=electronics&sprefix=Aukey+das%2Celectronics%2C145&sr=1-15-spons&psc=1&smid=A142BGUZC6UH73&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVE9HTUJaRDNNNEg2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjQ2MzY5MzlKNkQ2UTlWOUNOWiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDUxMjk1N1ZOTlkyOVZTRUI1JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

This is the one I use, although it has no night vision. Do you plan to keep it on when not running the car?

Guys, wanted to get a retro cruiser motor cycle. Looked at classic 350, Imperiale 400 and Java(classic as well as 42). Anyone has experience with these bikes? I didn't like the feel of both Javas as i am fairly tall and the bikes felt short. Confused between classic 350 and benelli. And now Honda CB 350 has launched as well. I appreciate any advice.

I never had a cruiser type motor cycle before. Using a Duke 390 now and history contains Pulsar 150, 180 and 220, CBR 250 and Gixxer.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, Root said:

Requirement :

Front and rare camera

Hard wiring

GPS

Night Vision

Discreetness

Budget - ₹10-12k

I use transcend Drive pro, pretty good stuff.

I use transcend Drive pro, pretty good stuff.
Is this the one you are referring to? https://www.amazon.in/Transcend-DrivePro-Dashcams-Suction-TS-DP110M-32G/dp/B07LF5MJ2S?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Have you hardwired it? If yes, which kit did you buy?

Also does it support loop recording? Any option for rear view camera?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Is this the one you are referring to? https://www.amazon.in/Transcend-DrivePro-Dashcams-Suction-TS-DP110M-32G/dp/B07LF5MJ2S?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Have you hardwired it? If yes, which kit did you buy?

Also does it support loop recording? Any option for rear view camera?

I have this one

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071K9QYC7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_n9UDFbQP9XS24

Yes it is hardwired, just take it to any automobile shop they will do it, it's connected to lighter fuse.

Yes it does loop recording, once storage is finished it starts over again, no intervention required.

No i dont have any thing for rear.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

I have this one

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071K9QYC7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_n9UDFbQP9XS24

Yes it is hardwired, just take it to any automobile shop they will do it, it's connected to lighter fuse.

Yes it does loop recording, once storage is finished it starts over again, no intervention required.

No i dont have any thing for rear.

Isn't the whole point of hardwiring is to connect to battery directly instead of lighter?

For lighter socket to work vehicle has to be in ignition right? Then won't record if vehicle is ideal or for parking mode

Isn't the whole point of hardwiring is to connect to battery directly instead of lighter?

For lighter socket to work vehicle has to be in ignition right? Then won't record if vehicle is ideal or for parking mode

If you want it in 24 hr surveillance yes you need to connect to battery, again the automobile accessory shop can do it. I don't use it for that purpose.

If you want it in 24 hr surveillance yes you need to connect to battery, again the automobile accessory shop can do it. I don't use it for that purpose.  

How much did you shop charge for hard wiring?

Im trying to sell my Bullet 500. Its registered in Karnatake but I'm in Mumbai right now. Would it be possible to sell it here? Or will I have to send it back home to sell it?

If you guys know any good second hand dealers in Mumbai please share contact details thanks in advance :D 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, hussain said:

Im trying to sell my Bullet 500. Its registered in Karnatake but I'm in Mumbai right now. Would it be possible to sell it here? Or will I have to send it back home to sell it?

If you guys know any good second hand dealers in Mumbai please share contact details thanks in advance :D 

If you want to sell in Mumbai then you have to first get it registered in Mumbai RTO, for that you have to obtain an NOC from Karnataka RTO and then get it registered in Mumbai, otherwise sell in KA.