Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning

tridenthawk

• 3 weeks later...

The game gets really tiresome about 15 hours in. It's best to ignore side quests and just do the main and faction quests. Yes combat is the highlight but Dragon's Dogma is a better option (if you're playing on consoles).

Despite my love for RPGs and hack-n-slash I'm not a big fan of this game.

well, yeah the sidequests are too long and too many and there are very generic, there is nothing new but you gotta finish them for character progression, some of the abilities are worth it. I didn't like side quests them either :|

btw, took me 52 hours to finish the game, never spent that much time on any game. Although, there is nothing special about it, its still a GOTY for me :| I think its the first pure hack-n-slash RPG? right? Even Witcher 2 didn't have this type of combat

Yea, but they are too long. Especially house of ballads. I completed faction quests in pieces.

Btw, in which tree you are spending. Ability pts most? I spent about 24 pt. Each on finniese and might and about 55 on sorcery. Chakrams are so awesome B)

^^Not just that, the character progression is very deep and uncomplicated. Also, there is a proper use of gold coins, there are plenty of useful items that you can buy and you can use your coins to increase you skills. I hate it when I have plenty of credits and there is nothing useful to buy, you just collect them but don't spend them, alpha protocol, ME3, DA2 are the examples.

EDIT: 60fps :huh: I didn't realize it was 60fps :huh:

Superb....Game runs at solid 60fps on my pc...

Horrible FOV though. The character model takes up like 60% of the screen space when you're not in combat. Otherwise it's flawless.

^^ The comments say that it isn't perfect (more of a multi-monitor fix than FOV) and doesn't work with the Origin version (which I believe is what most people here have).

another big negative considering its an RPG, the decisions doesn't matter at all. No matter what you choose, it just doesn't matter, if someone wants to fight with you then he'll fight you no matter how much you try to reason with with him.

another big negative considering its an RPG, the decisions doesn't matter at all. No matter what you choose, it just doesn't matter, if someone wants to fight with you then he'll fight you no matter how much you try to reason with with him.

lol :roflroll: and i thought i killed the guy at the start of the game for no reason , i tried to convince him but in the he attacked me anyway , weird game indeed @_@

Archived