Persona 5

'Pranay

I love Ryuji. iWBTBBi.png 

Everytime he speaks, I end up laughing. So hilarious. His expressions and dialogues. Perfect. FUJL3F4.gif 

Anyways, have a bunch of questions. 

1. How does the time work? Is it a minute or hour or something based or randomly triggers? Asking because I've been quite slow and like to check every place before doing anything. 
  2. Who is Igor? What's the deal with him? 
  3. What's up with the future interrogation? 
  4. What's Morgana's story?
  5. How do you get powers (?) in the first place? Who are you exactly? 
  6. What is real? 
  7. How do dungeons work? Are they randomly generated every time?
  8. Do I really need to focus on school or can be casual with it? The professor asked a question and giving right answer got me a point in knowledge. How does that work? 
  9. How do I know which one is side mission or how I even track quests?
  10. Anything I should know before playing further? 

Thanks. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I love Ryuji. iWBTBBi.png 

Everytime he speaks, I end up laughing. So hilarious. His expressions and dialogues. Perfect. FUJL3F4.gif 

Anyways, have a bunch of questions. 

1. How does the time work? Is it a minute or hour or something based or randomly triggers? Asking because I've been quite slow and like to check every place before doing anything. 
  2. Who is Igor? What's the deal with him? 
  3. What's up with the future interrogation? 
  4. What's Morgana's story?
  5. How do you get powers (?) in the first place? Who are you exactly? 
  6. What is real? 
  7. How do dungeons work? Are they randomly generated every time?
  8. Do I really need to focus on school or can be casual with it? The professor asked a question and giving right answer got me a point in knowledge. How does that work? 
  9. How do I know which one is side mission or how I even track quests?
  10. Anything I should know before playing further? 

Thanks. 

I hate Ryuji! Honestly he is the wrong side of annoying. Even Mona is so condescending that its irritating at times but Ryuji is plain obnoxious most of the time. Yusuke had more genuinely funny moments for me.

Time is divided into subsets of the Day (Morning, Afternoon, evening, etc.). WIthin each subset, you can spend as much time roaming around as you want but performing any activity will "consume" that time slot (1 Activity per slot). Somedays, you dont have any control over the activities you take part in as they are story triggered. And most days some time slots are auto filled as part of the story (classes)

2-6 is heavy spoiler territory so unless you are not gonna play, should look into those questions, let them play out

Dungeons (both palaces and mementos) are handcrafted and retain their layout

Social stats like knowledge are really useful in increasing confidant ranks as higher level interactions are blocked behind certain social requirements as well as certain shops (like airsoft) needs you to have high guts to purchase rare items.

Another use of paying attention in class (especially the explanation by a teacher) is that they will ask similar questions in the exams which also plays into social interactions.

Once you unlock the mementos, you get requests, they are all side quests and are tracked in a requests tab in the options menu. The game does not have an overarching journal and does not track long term objectives. Whenever a mission is active (palace infiltration) a mission tab will be available in the options menu

Dont worry about missing content, you will miss much (mostly small details nothing major) but go with the flow. The structure allows you to exp most of the mainline and side stories. Dont go too overboard with wanting to experience everything, you will burn out and things will start to blur together. The loading scene sums it up best, "Take your Time."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

If I am going into this blind as the first game I have ever played in the series then what should I be aware of? Any threads i would want to read up to have a better handle on ? 

Remember that this is not a game you can rush through or even if you can, don't. Take it slow and don't ignore your confidants. Anything else I can tell would spoil your ride.

My first Persona game too. The game covers everything in a good fashion. So don't worry about it much.

• Take your time but not too much time. There are some deadlines which you cannot skip. A big source of the challenge and narrative momentum in Persona 5 comes from these deadlines. So make sure to keep your eye on your schedule. 
  • The game grows on you quite well as you progress. Make good use of everything you come across.
  • English audio is not perfect as in not every dialogue has audio but it works perfectly fine. So you wouldn't notice it much.
  • Don't ignore anything or anyone. Make friends, mainly the useful ones. Improve yourself. 
  • Save constantly. Use those slots. 
  • The story takes a while but it is damn fun. I haven't got far but it's been so much fun.
  • Don’t neglect your confidants. You should make advancing confidant relationships one of your top priorities.
  • Buy books and read them. 
  • Focus on school too. You will have tests and whatnot. No shame if you look for answers.
  • Manage your SP more than HP. HP is easy to replenish and the food is cheap while SP is much harder to get back. Get SP regen accessories ASAP.
  • Try to begin fights with an ambush. 
  • If you find any fight hard, don't be afraid to run.
  • Don't jump on enemies. As in don't blindly just attack. Study them. Know their weaknesses. Will help you a lot. 
  • If you die to a boss or mini-boss, you get to restart the fight.

The game can be overwhelming, giving the possibilities for how to spend your time, the challenge of the combat and the sheer length of the game. But it’s also just a ton of fun. If you find yourself burned out, take some time off and get back. 

Put yourself in a nice comfortable place, grab some drinks and enjoy the game. It's one of a kind. ChjTAwm.png

played it for 4 hours yesterday, damn the menus and everything is so damn slick ! Damn u Atlas for not letting me take screenshots ! 
I like the tone and also the music over  Persona 4. The story gripped me more in 4 but I have just started with this one, so will give it time.  Its just that murders felt more serious and real and well personal than accidents . We had a tighter motive in P4Golden.
But love the aesthetics, the characters, the music especially in this one. oh, and did I mention the menus ! <3

On 7/31/2017 at 4:37 PM, Joe Cool said:

My first Persona game too. The game covers everything in a good fashion. So don't worry about it much.

• Take your time but not too much time. There are some deadlines which you cannot skip. A big source of the challenge and narrative momentum in Persona 5 comes from these deadlines. So make sure to keep your eye on your schedule. 
  • The game grows on you quite well as you progress. Make good use of everything you come across.
  • English audio is not perfect as in not every dialogue has audio but it works perfectly fine. So you wouldn't notice it much.
  • Don't ignore anything or anyone. Make friends, mainly the useful ones. Improve yourself. 
  • Save constantly. Use those slots. 
  • The story takes a while but it is damn fun. I haven't got far but it's been so much fun.
  • Don’t neglect your confidants. You should make advancing confidant relationships one of your top priorities.
  • Buy books and read them. 
  • Focus on school too. You will have tests and whatnot. No shame if you look for answers.
  • Manage your SP more than HP. HP is easy to replenish and the food is cheap while SP is much harder to get back. Get SP regen accessories ASAP.
  • Try to begin fights with an ambush. 
  • If you find any fight hard, don't be afraid to run.
  • Don't jump on enemies. As in don't blindly just attack. Study them. Know their weaknesses. Will help you a lot. 
  • If you die to a boss or mini-boss, you get to restart the fight.

The game can be overwhelming, giving the possibilities for how to spend your time, the challenge of the combat and the sheer length of the game. But it’s also just a ton of fun. If you find yourself burned out, take some time off and get back. 

Put yourself in a nice comfortable place, grab some drinks and enjoy the game. It's one of a kind. ChjTAwm.png

Such a well thought out response. Thanks Joe and others. I have started the game and it looks fantastic. 

WOw, i am getting my a*s handed to me ! Persona 4 let me for some time, but this one is beating me to pulp right on !
Just beat the guard at the gym/castle where the Statue of kamoshida is and every fight is life or death now.
Anything I am missing here? I have bought new gear for all, but apparently thats not enough

1 hour ago, adity said:

Stagger mechanic is the most useful mechanic in the game.

Always try to ambush enemies and stagger them in the first go itself. If you meet a new type, use new power everytime you attack it, so you find the weakness quickly. the weaknesses can also be guessed depending on the looks of the.

Acquire as many different types of personas as possible. Try to have one with each type of elemental attack.

I tackled the first palace this way and only 4 or 5 fights went beyond the first turn. Also, don't use mp attacks on low health enemies as MP is a very precious resource. Also, use healing items instead of auto heal as it uses MP. Money is abundant, MP is not. Remember to sell all your treasures at the airsoft shop.

Good luck

Yea doing that. Guess just have to keep going. Will stock up on medicines and come back.