Joe Cool

FIFA 19

Need an urgent reply on the above as i will decide whether to get standard or champions edition on it.

Alternatively can i use mobile hotspot and connect my ps4 to my phones 4G network which has 12Mbps DL and 12 Mbps UPL but i have only 1.5GB of data till the speed dropsso is this 1.5GB enough to play fifa for a couple of hours daily?

If anyone has tracked their Fifa 18 data consumption then please post it.

I have not played fifa since 13, i just got the ps4 this year so this will be my first fifa on the current gen.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Need an urgent reply on the above as i will decide whether to get standard or champions edition on it.

Alternatively can i use mobile hotspot and connect my ps4 to my phones 4G network which has 12Mbps DL and 12 Mbps UPL but i have only 1.5GB of data till the speed dropsso is this 1.5GB enough to play fifa for a couple of hours daily?

If anyone has tracked their Fifa 18 data consumption then please post it.

I have not played fifa since 13, i just got the ps4 this year so this will be my first fifa on the current gen.

Fifa doesn't need a whole lot of data to play from what I know. It depends on the pings which will almost certainly be better than using mobile Hotspot. But to answer your question 1.5 gigs is more than enough to play fifa for a couple of hours. It'll likely use less than 100 mb. 

15 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I have a speed of 3.2 Mbps DL and 0.7 Mbps UPL. Will this be enough to play FIFA 19 online ?

I have played FIFA 17 online with  2 Mbps DL and 0.5Mbps UPL and didn't face any issues as such - in finding players or in actual gameplay either .  I have also played UC4 and Fortnite online with the same connection and didn't face any problems there as well .

So it should be enough to play FIFA 19 I think . 

As long as your connection is stable you should be fine . 

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Whoa man. That must suck. Not for gaming but for everything else. 

Yeah man it sucks as hell . I rely on mobile connections of Airtel and Jio for browsing and small downloading . 

Airtel/BSNL and other networks do have high speed plans in my city ( Indore ) but they say it's not available in my locality . 

I have played FIFA 17 online with  2 Mbps DL and 0.5Mbps UPL and didn't face any issues as such - in finding players or in actual gameplay either .  I have also played UC4 and Fortnite online with the same connection and didn't face any problems there as well .
So it should be enough to play FIFA 19 I think . 
As long as your connection is stable you should be fine . 
That is assuring but i had trouble finding a single player in uncharted lost legacy

I think any online game would work perfectly with 2 mbps dl speed or even 1.5 mbps dl speed. The reason why you may be having issues with finding opponents is because of your NAT level being 3 due to closed ports or that your connection is unstable due packet loss occuring due to high Lan attentuation and Low Snr margin ( It can be checked via router page in reality it should be the other way round).

This issue is common with bsnl,mtnl due to their copper lines being old or due to parallel joints with telephone connection.

With 3g,4g connection your game will lag as they are unstable.better use a wired connection using a good modem+router.

Edited by realsoccerdude111

I think any online game would work perfectly with 2 mbps dl speed or even 1.5 mbps dl speed. The reason why you may be having issues with finding opponents is because of your NAT level being 3 due to closed ports or that your connection is unstable due packet loss occuring due to high Lan attentuation and Low Snr margin ( It can be checked via router page in reality it should be the other way round).
This issue is common with bsnl,mtnl due to their copper lines being old or due to parallel joints with telephone connection.

With 3g,4g connection your game will lag as they are unstable.better use a wired connection using a good modem+router.

Sorry for continuing a net discussion here but yes i do have mtnl and a old 2010 router. With jio fibre looming around i don't want to buy a new router now for a 3Mbps connection that can not reach higher speed as my home is beyond 2km from the ntnl exchange.

Can i do something to improve, by changing the router settings. Will you guys require a picture of the router or are the settings common for all mtnl routers?

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Sorry for continuing a net discussion here but yes i do have mtnl and a old 2010 router. With jio fibre looming around i don't want to buy a new router now for a 3Mbps connection that can not reach higher speed as my home is beyond 2km from the ntnl exchange.

Can i do something to improve, by changing the router settings. Will you guys require a picture of the router or are the settings common for all mtnl routers?

2 km isnt a big deal.Tell me your line parameters from the router page. Refresh it a few times and see if there are fluctuations of more than 0.5 points from your first noted parameters.

5 minutes ago, hussain said:

Anyway to trick the PS4 into unlocking the game earlier ?

Yes. Calculate Unlock time - Current time. 

Turn off your ps4 for the amount of time in previous step. 

When you turn your ps4 on after the time calculated in step 1, the game will have unlocked. 

Thank me later.