Ask The Experts

Chaztin

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

All HDMI cables are the same. It's a digital format. Either works or doesn't.

$10 cable will be same as $100 cable. So pick any cable that fits your budget. 

Not exactly true anymore buddy... It's start to matter over distance..... Also, with the new versions (1.3,1.4,etc) also, it might make a difference. Not all will be able to support ethernet, 4k, etc, i think. 

I got some cables with quite a good length (for ex 15 feet sorts), some of them stopped working pretty quickly. Amazon Basic cables do quite nicely in this regard. 

I also got USB 3.0 extension cables. Ordered several of them and none of them worked, finally bought one from amazon basic which works flawlessly. 

Edited by ayush12ice

HDMI 1.4 supports 4K which is fine for movies. Old stock.

HDMI 2.0 supports 4K 60 frames per second. Pretty much every company has moved to HDMI 2.0. 

HDMI 2.0a backwards compatible with older HDMI versions. 

HDMI 2.1 is not required for home usage.

So pick any 2.0 cable, which every HDMI cable these days are. You do not need a new/special HDMI cable for Ultra HD 4K. There is no partial HDR or 4K or gaming HDMI cables. They are all the same. 

As for the distance, the shorter the cable, the better it works. Data is lost over distance. Just because a cable design can transmit 18 Gbps over 2 feet doesn’t mean that it can transmit the same amount of information over 3m. 

ACTIVE HDMI cables are available in lengths about 30m but only gives you 4K/60 up to 15m. Beyond that, the data is lost. The standard ones support up to 7m. 

So, yeah, for standard usage, the $7 AmazonBasics one is more than enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

This might be an odd questions but has anyone seen a live stand up comedy show in Delhi? Bookmyshow has tickets for a bunch of them but I have no idea which ones are good. 

Go to a show only if you like the comic and the type of content. Otherwise it can be frustrating. Check their videos on youtube.

19 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

This might be an odd questions but has anyone seen a live stand up comedy show in Delhi? Bookmyshow has tickets for a bunch of them but I have no idea which ones are good. 

I would suggest you "Comedy Canvas Club"

They also have videos on YouTube. Few of their best Comedians are Zakir Khan and Vipul Goyal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to get a pair of nice IEM's via my gf who's currently in the US. I'm currently using Sennheiser Momentum IEMs with Fiio X1.

Apart from that i have AT M50x and Sennheiser HD 598 cans.

The IEMs i'm considering are,

RHA MA750 for arnd $85

and Shure SE215 for $99.

Pls advise.

Edited by amigoatul

Earlier i was a bass head looking only for tight bass but off late i've grown to appreciate other aspects of music. So basically looking for a balanced and clear sound with a slight emphasis on bass :-)

I also have Massdrop HD-6XX ordered but have to wait till December/Jan....

Edited by amigoatul