The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Aftrunner

#2 is already behind me now...

BTW I tried the new hairstyles in the latest patch. Pretty cool! :bigyellowgrin: The combat has become more responsive and there's a nice frame rate boost as well.

mbat is amazing. I played only after the patch so I dont think I have encountered the "bloody difficult phase" part of the agame.

SOmehow I think that the number of entries in the "embaressing gaming moments" thread is about to go up sharply

Being a PC game it gives me more privacy compared to console games where someone or the other is bound to walk in on me.

mbat is amazing. I played only after the patch so I dont think I have encountered the "bloody difficult phase" part of the agame.

Yeah I think the patch lowers the difficulty of the prologue.

The Witcher 2 to finally get an Indian release

Exactly a month after it was released all over the world, we’ve got confirmation that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is finally set for an Indian release. The announcement comes as quite a surprise because we were categorically told earlier by Nacmo’s Indian distributor Milestone that the game wouldn’t be releasing in India, much like Namco’s other recent games. But we’re not complaining. The Witcher 2 will be available about a week from now (June 24) for Rs 1,499.

While that may seem high in a country where PC games are usually priced anywhere between Rs 499 and Rs 999, this is no regular PC game in the shoddy packaging we’re used to. This is the Premium Edition we’re talking about, which comes with a host of goodies, including a making-of DVD, official game soundtrack, world map, game guide and pamphlet, collectible ‘cursed’ coin, and instructions to create two papercraft dolls.

All of that together is well worth the Rs 1,499 asking price, and even more so considering import copies of the game are selling for well over Rs 2,000. If you’re still on the fence about The Witcher 2, check out our review, where Utkarsh awarded it an impressive 9/10.

Don't know if I should pick it up (for the goodies) or wait for the CE of the 360 version.

BTW, finished the game on hard. Those bitching about the final boss fight being too easy - try it on hard. Bastard does one hit kills and takes away fully upgraded Quen in a single swipe! The fight took me a good 7-8 minutes of hit and run tactics.

Anyway, started with my 3rd playthrough. The game performs a lot better with the new patch. I was able to switch some settings to Ultra and still get a very playable frame rate. The CTDs have also seemingly gone now.

No more 9GB patches for the Steam version... :dance:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922738

Does that mean Steam will not delete large files anymore and redownload them again (example: The Witcher 2 ) but instead patch them by only modifying the file? because that would be sweet

Valve: Yes, better incremental patching of large files (without the developers having to think about it in advance) is one thing it improves. We'll talk more about what the new content system improves when it gets closer to fully rolling out.

I doubt the Xbox 360 version will release here. Milestone didn't release Namco's last two games - Enslaved and TDU2. The last console game they released was Tekken 6 for Rs 3,999.

And I wouldn't count on them doing a CE for the Xbox 360 version. At least not at standard MRP.

I wasn't talking about a retail purchase anyway (considering the ridiculous pricing of Enslaved & Tekken). I'll probably import it.

BTW wasn't Enslaved released here officially?

The Witcher 2 to finally get an Indian release

Exactly a month after it was released all over the world, we’ve got confirmation that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is finally set for an Indian release. The announcement comes as quite a surprise because we were categorically told earlier by Nacmo’s Indian distributor Milestone that the game wouldn’t be releasing in India, much like Namco’s other recent games. But we’re not complaining. The Witcher 2 will be available about a week from now (June 24) for Rs 1,499.

While that may seem high in a country where PC games are usually priced anywhere between Rs 499 and Rs 999, this is no regular PC game in the shoddy packaging we’re used to. This is the Premium Edition we’re talking about, which comes with a host of goodies, including a making-of DVD, official game soundtrack, world map, game guide and pamphlet, collectible ‘cursed’ coin, and instructions to create two papercraft dolls.

All of that together is well worth the Rs 1,499 asking price, and even more so considering import copies of the game are selling for well over Rs 2,000. If you’re still on the fence about The Witcher 2, check out our review, where Utkarsh awarded it an impressive 9/10.

Vindication! :wOOtjumpy:

Also guys. I've been in touch with the CDP and they've personally pushed Namco to get the game released in India. So those who haven't bought it yet and are interested, please pick up a copy of the Indian release. I sure as hell will.

I doubt the Xbox 360 version will release here. Milestone didn't release Namco's last two games - Enslaved and TDU2. The last console game they released was Tekken 6 for Rs 3,999.

And I wouldn't count on them doing a CE for the Xbox 360 version. At least not at standard MRP.

Hope it "somehow" manages to come here !

Archived