Random stuff from the internet (not news)

Aftrunner

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/heuristics-that-almost-always-work or Why experts exist ? 

Whenever someone pooh-poohs rationality as unnecessary, or makes fun of rationalists for spending zillions of brain cycles on “obvious” questions, check how they’re making their decisions. 99.9% of the time, it’s Heuristics That Almost Always Works.

(but make sure to watch for the other 0.1%; those are the people you learn from!)

Great read. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What would your reaction be if a trans woman won female artist of the year award? 

I would say well deserved.

How is this related to the tweet though? A woman said she loves herself for being a woman, and she is getting cancelled for saying that.

9 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I would say well deserved.

How is this related to the tweet though? A woman said she loves herself for being a woman, and she is getting cancelled for saying that.

It's relevant because when a trans woman would win, many would sh*t on it saying that's not a woman. Obvious solution is to just not gender the awards. So now people find a way to sh*t on it too. 

You would sh*t on SJWs and feminists without have the awareness to understand that this wouldn't be needed in the first place if we didn't oppress the ever living sh*t out of the people SJWs bat for (sometimes to their own detriment). 

On a similar note, laws are heavily weighted towards women because are the ones getting f**ked over for most of our history and even today. 

Besides that, I feel this and covid thread is a dumping ground for alt right talking points. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's relevant because when a trans woman would win, many would sh*t on it saying that's not a woman. Obvious solution is to just not gender the awards. So now people find a way to sh*t on it too. 

You would sh*t on SJWs and feminists without have the awareness to understand that this wouldn't be needed in the first place if we didn't oppress the ever living sh*t out of the people SJWs bat for (sometimes to their own detriment). 

On a similar note, laws are heavily weighted towards women because are the ones getting f**ked over for most of our history and even today. 

Besides that, I feel this and covid thread is a dumping ground for alt right talking points. 

Only people on the far left will think these are alt right points.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Sorry not sorry. 

Something Similar I saw related to data for PM Cares Fund, I tried raising a point in a group when PM cares news came out that its private fund so they won't show no transparency

Some bhakt was like "PM cArEs WaS AlWayS a PrIvate, yOu HaVe To Be ReTarDed tO Think iT waSn'T" 

1 hour ago, Right said:

Wow. This is the jhakaas jugad, Anand Mahindra talks about.

Fantastic.

Ya. I don't know the real life performance or costs involved but it looks really effective and something that can work great. Especially it's charging, pedalling for 20 minutes was charging battery to 50%. It will be boon in rural areas where people can't use mopeds or bikes due to overall price and fuel costs.