Call of Duty: Black Ops

Karooo

omfg full MP reveal was awsome. f**k medal of honor, the beta felt an awful lot like BFBC2 . CALL OF DUTY is the sh*t baby B) . Now i cant store my replays to make my montages

with my handycam i.e :/

A few bits of new information comes from the the Painkiller Already Podcast while GameTrailers interviews the executive producer for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Painkiller Already » recorded their latest podcast yesterday in a live stream and were joined by Treyarch's Community Manager, Josh Olin.

Thanks to Vorvu » on our forums for the heads up and for gathering the information together!

Josh stated that the Tactical Insertion will be returning but that there will be ways to flag boosters. He used the theater mode as an example because it will allow players to record and upload their clips, hence having the ability to catch and report boosters in the act. He also said that they will have the mechanisms to ban boosters.

Theater mode was also touched on more. You can watch a film or a clip with a party rather than on your own. You just open a lobby, load up a film and then watch it together. He also said that you will be able to render and upload a clip to the web and that it will be optimized for web and mobile viewing.

Dogs are a one-bite kill, hence why they're an 11 killstreak. The SR-71 Blackbird can't be shot down and the radar blips don't have a delay but you can see the direction the enemy's are facing.

FULL INTERVIEW & SOURCE

SH*T .. all these infos.. cant wait :(

Complete Character Customization Coverage

G4TV did a complete coverage of the "create-a-class 2.0" system in multiplayer. Reason enough for a new poll on the front page!

In this 11 minute long menu walkthrough, Donell Tucker and Chris Monfette talk about everything you can customize your character with to make it really your own and make it stand out in the crowd. This is the first video we've seen that covers this much of the menu screen. After covering the perks, which has not seen major innovative changes, they move on to how equipment and weapons are reordered. Besides new stuff, they are now categorized differently into three categories; Lethal, Tactical and Equipment. Before we move on to the equipment, I quickly want to note that you can actually sell back all that you've purchased. So if you don't like the path you've chosen, take a few steps back, sell your loud-out and start over. It will probably be against a cost, but that's still better than being forced into a play-style that is not you.

Equipment

The new equipment feature a Tomahawk, which will replace the throwing knife from Modern Warfare 2. Among with the good ol' Frag and the Semtex (sticky) grenades, the Tomahawk completes the Lethal equipment category (mapped to the right bumper on the controller).

In the Tactical equipment category (mapped to the left bumper on the controller), we see a couple new and very interesting equipment. A couple we already know from previous Call of Duty's; Willy Pete (smoke grenade), Flashbang, Concussion (stun grenade). More interesting though, are the added equipment like the Nova Gas canister, a grenade that impairs movement, blurs vision and causes damage over time. Another very interesting addition to this list is the Decoy, a grenade that will simulate gunfire and radar indicators on the mini-map of the enemy team. This can be extremely useful to lure someone in a trap.

The last equipment category is pretty self explanatory. It includes well know equipment like the Claymore, Tactical Insertion (*sigh*) and C4, but three new items have been added. The Camera Spike will allow you to keep taps on an area without being there, and you can toggle between the camera view and regular mini-map with the D-pad. It can also be moved by the player that places it. In some ways, it looks a lot like the Motion Sensor which is an motion sensor that will show nearing enemies on your mini-map. It's up to you to decide which one suits you best. The last item of the list is Jammer, which does exactly that... It jams enemy radar within its radius, but unlike Modern Warfare 2's perk it's stationary and not mobile.

FULL ARTICLE :wOOtjumpy:

wow treyarch im speechless,but im still worried about uneven gameplay like mw2 ,scavenger is back.But f**k it this looks amazinggg :wOOtjumpy:

scavenger was never unbalanced.. ok it was when mw2 ws just released.. but they toned it too .. so it was not really irritating..OMA was.. n im glad its no more there.. even if theres sumthing disturbing the balance of the game.. im dead sure treyarch is kind enough to fix it asap ..

the only thing thats pissing me off is the infamous tactical insertion.. but treyarch says the new theater mode can be used for capturing boosters.. n one of d devs also says that dey have the ability to ban/report it to sony/microsoft..

treyarch is also going to moderate the leaderboards..hence, less hackers n all..

lets hope everything goes well.. :good:

wow treyarch im speechless,but im still worried about uneven gameplay like mw2 ,scavenger is back.But f**k it this looks amazinggg :wOOtjumpy:

scavenger is a good perk, i did use the scar a lot on mw2 so it was pretty hand to replenish ammo on that short clip,

the only thing scavenger shouldnt replenish is noob-tubes.

glad, danger close is gone too!

this game is looking more "skill with the Guns"

campers and noobs are going to have a difficult time

i'm also glad to see there are only 11 kill streaks and u kills got from other killstreaks dont add to your killstreak tally and only kills from your guns will be counted :)

Archived