What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

How old are you Gaurav? Which uni did you go to?

Congratulations on the car mate, mummy papa must be proud ;)

24 yesterday, since you ask I just completed my Masters at Georgia Tech, Atlanta.

Haha thanks, they were but I got it for myself, they didn't pay for any part of it. If it were up to them I'd have gotten myself an Accord or Camry.

I didn't mean that they paid for it :P I meant it's nice to see your son buying a BMW when so young, I really hope I can do half of that to make mine proud :/

I didn't mean that they paid for it :P I meant it's nice to see your son buying a BMW when so young, I really hope I can do half of that to make mine proud :/

Dude, I got what you meant, just saying. Anyway, I think that most Indian parents set too much stock in what their kids drive and own and what not. There're so many things you can achieve though that can make your parents proud :good:

The reason I decided to do it now rather than wait a while is because you have to live your life while you're still single, unmarried and... no offense meant dear married IVG bros.... free :fear: If you put it off too long then you kinda lose interest in the middle of other major decisions life throws at you.

Ultimate goal though is an M3... maybe 10-15 years later... but I will have that car.

Dude, I got what you meant, just saying. Anyway, I think that most Indian parents set too much stock in what their kids drive and own and what not. There're so many things you can achieve though that can make your parents proud :good:

The reason I decided to do it now rather than wait a while is because you have to live your life while you're still single, unmarried and... no offense meant dear married IVG bros.... free :fear: If you put it off too long then you kinda lose interest in the middle of other major decisions life throws at you.

Ultimate goal though is an M3... maybe 10-15 years later... but I will have that car.

Agreed, enjoy while you can :cheers:

I have applied to gatech for bachelors though, I am seriously considering it and there is a good probability that I might even get in..

My parents can afford to send me there, is it worth it? I have heard its very hard :fear:

Agreed, enjoy while you can :cheers:

I have applied to gatech for bachelors though, I am seriously considering it and there is a good probability that I might even get in..

My parents can afford to send me there, is it worth it? I have heard its very hard :fear:

Hard? Haha, hard is understatement. More like you'll-lose-your-mind crazy. They'll also make you take more classes per semester than any other among the top 5 engineering places in the US. But if you get through till the end without losing it but with a good GPA, then you'll be an awesome engineer. Depending on the specialty though, I'd not do it for Bachelors because getting a job here and settling down permanently (if that's your cup of tea) as a Bachelors grad from a different country isn't very easy.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Congrats on the wheels and the piano , Gaurav.

My old man still has a working Welmar Upright Model C , bought in 47'ish , with even the original copy of the bill intact :D He's much into accordions , but the manual sound is just priceless imo.

Congrats on the wheels and the piano , Gaurav.

My old man still has a working Welmar Upright Model C , bought in 47'ish , with even the original copy of the bill intact :D He's much into accordions , but the manual sound is just priceless imo.

Thank you very much. That's amazing! A good piano or any other musical instrument, well maintained, will produce great sound even decades later :) A 1940+ Welmar Upright in good condition is easily worth more than $4000. When I can afford a house (that will be a good number of years down the line) I want to get a proper grand too.

I'm Offended. :chair:

What you say is true though .... enjoy your bachelorhood while it lasts .... later its all about mortgages and education and whatnot :-/

I'm Offended. :chair:

What you say is true though .... enjoy your bachelorhood while it lasts .... later its all about mortgages and education and whatnot :-/

Exactly! :(

@gaurav

You are on a buying spree man......now arent you... :fear:

Good one....congrats :thumbsup:

I hope i can buy one myself too someday ...on my own money ,which will be quite far from now....so well :(

Sexy purchases Gaurav. Belated Happy Birthday and Congrats.

Thanks guys! :arigato:

Sammy and Kushy, Nice buys mates.

Kushy stopped bluray import!! :panic:

Kushy, on the Mario bandwagon, eh ? Nice. And congrats ! :D

thanks bros :D

Edited by kushalrocks