The Football Thread

Xeno

Finally, some good news on Fletcher:

Darren Fletcher included in Manchester United's Champions League squad

I hope he comes back to his 2008*09*10 best.

Then our midfiled of Carrick/ Fletch / Scholes/ Clev/ Anderson looks pretty decent. (maybe a bit closer to how good Arsenal's is :naughty: )

Fletcher was Class ,sad illness .Hope he is back to that time

WTF is wrong with AVB and his project

He was supposed to be the master tactician but all he seems to do is fail tactically

I wanted him for us but now I am happy He tried to sell Parker as he is getting older,their best player last season,going by his logic he might have tried to sell Gerrard

Exactly. His fallout with us seems to be playing heavily in his mind. That is why perhaps he is doing all this to stamp his authority, to massage the ego. I hope he gets his act together, spurs can be very exciting if deployed properly, and also I have dembele in the fpl :P

Btw would have gladly taken Parker back if he was really up for sale. Our cm is wafer thin.

Exactly. His fallout with us seems to be playing heavily in his mind. That is why perhaps he is doing all this to stamp his authority, to massage the ego. I hope he gets his act together, spurs can be very exciting if deployed properly, and also I have dembele in the fpl :P

Btw would have gladly taken Parker back if he was really up for sale. Our cm is wafer thin.

He would be my first signing in any window if he is available

Scholes is better than any current arsenal midfielder. But I agree with azaan. Arsenals mid edges uniteds mid.

Central Mid edges but Uniteds strength has always been their wingers and that is where they are a lot better

Nani,Young and Mr Valencia >> Walcott,Ox and Gervinho

Scholes is better than any current arsenal midfielder. But I agree with azaan. Arsenals mid edges uniteds mid.

Nani-Scholes-Carrick-Valencia (all proven multiple EPL winners)

vs

Ramsey-Wilshere-Arteta-Cazrorla ( none proven or successful in EPL, Arteta a bit; )

i know which one i would take

I said past is not always reflective of the future & I firmly believe Arsenal would have been better placed to win if we had RVP our current squad as compared to United, unless they had bought someone like Cavani in place of RVP... And I don't think that's my biased view as an Arsenal fan.

And how can result speak for themselves? We did not have the same squad last year, if you think this season's result will go the same way as they did last year for both Arsenal & United then you are highly mistaken.

It is in this case. We have the same squad that finished 19 points ahead of you last season and added Kagawa into the mix. This is very much the same squad that won the Premier league and came second place on goal difference in the past two years. And most important of all, our team has the character to push forward against all odds.

There is a reason why Manchester United gets so many late wins. Ferguson has instilled that winning mentality and never say die attitude to our squad. Arsenal on the other hand have been chokers ever since the Invincibles era went past them. They have won nothing, NOTHING of note for the past 6 years, and failed to finish the top two position since 2004.

People say Arsenal are a team in transition an that they're building a team of youngsters. Well how long has that transitional period lasted? All your best players left your club and found better success elsewhere. Fabresgas, Nasri, Van Persie have all left you, two of which have won more trophies in one year than their entire Arsenal career. If you seriously think that all of that is going to change with 3 summer signings (none of which are world class players) then you've crossed the line from highly optimistic to delusional.

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Like 2

And also @Gooner4life. If your team was so strong,why was RVP not so confident about winning a title? I know he dint come here for money because City must have offered him much more than what we give,so why us?

Player for player comparisons are all well and good but Manchester United has the Ferguson factor. On paper, our first team isn't that impressive. At least 4-5 Premier league teams have their first team on the same level as Manchester United's first team. But we have one of the greatest manager ever lived on our side. That man is f**king magician and pulls rabbits out his hat every single time and grinds out results.

Edited by Nikushimi

It is in this case. We have the same squad that finished 19 points ahead of you last season and added Kagawa into the mix. This is very much the same squad that won the Premier league and came second place on goal difference in the past two years. And most important of all, our team has the character to push forward against all odds.

There is a reason why Manchester United gets so many late wins. Ferguson has instilled that winning mentality and never say die attitude to our squad. Arsenal on the other hand have been chokers ever since the Invincibles era went past them. They have won nothing, NOTHING of note for the past 6 years, and failed to finish the top two position since 2004.

People say Arsenal are a team in transition an that they're building a team of youngsters. Well how long has that transitional period lasted? All your best players left your club and found better success elsewhere. Fabresgas, Nasri, Van Persie have all left you, two of which have won more trophies in one year than their entire Arsenal career. If you seriously think that all of that is going to change with 3 summer signings (none of which are world class players) then you've crossed the line from highly optimistic to delusional.

Call me delusional or whatever but I genuinely believe Arsenal have a decent chance to fight for the title this season(massive injuries being the only factory which can prevent it). And if cazorla & podolski who have played 50 & 100 games for the spanish & german NT respectively dont fit into the definition of World-Class then I don't know who does.

And I don't think anyone has said Arsenal is a team in transition or we are building a team of youngsters for the past 2-3 seasons.

And Arsenal won more points than any other team from a losing/drawing position last season. So you saying that only United have that 'never say die' attitude is a slightly incorrect statement. We were 19 points off the top because of the disastrous start to the season reason being our shambolic transfer window. But after the initial 7 games when we had just 7 points & were in 17th position, Arsenal have remained very close with United & City in terms of points on the table & the trend seems to be continuing this season too even though it's too early in the season.

And also @Gooner4life. If your team was so strong,why was RVP not so confident about winning a title? I know he dint come here for money because City must have offered him much more than what we give,so why us?

City did bid for him initially but that bid was considered too low by Arsenal hence didn't get accepted. Juventus & United were the only teams who bid close to the minimum 20m mark which Arsenal wanted for RVP.

dude manu is way ahead than arsenal....remember 8-2?

i am nt talking about few players of arsenal...look back..more titles for manu than arsenal..and manu is more successfull club than arsenal

Don't tell me you support manchester united...if you do then you are a disgrace.

Take some time and read this.

Below is a quote from the article.

How many times have you seen the phrase “I’m a life-long Man U fan” or “I’m a die-hard Man U fan”? How many times have you cringed or rolled your eyes at such statements?

Though sometimes used in ignorance, any true fan, who learn the history of United, should know that we don’t use that phrase.

Get to know a little about the history of the club you support.

• Like 2

when united lose games its mostly because there midfield get overturned...Scholes and Carrick have not been all that consistent in recent years...with scholes its understandable since he is 38 years old...carrick is not all that great..he has been average the last few years...he is not the same player he was in his 1at year at united....with kagwa its too early to pass a judgment..he was good when at borussia but he hasn't proven himself in any of the top 3 leagues or in international scene.. let him show he could be a quality player at this lvl...fletcher is an quality option for you guys and i hope he gets well soon..anderson is an average player..having 2 games in 3 years doesn't mean he is good.

our midfield options are wilshere,cazorla,arteta,rosicky,diaby,ramsey and arshavin

wilshere>cleverly ..wilshere got picked for arsenal and england because he was talented..he was holding his own against Inesita and xavi..only manchester united fans will claim cleverly is on par or even better than wilshere.

arteta>carrick arteta is the better player imo...he can score goals if required and be solid defensively..he rarely makes a bad pass or losses possession( i wish carrick could do that)...keeps 90% passing accuracy every games..never has a bad game..freekicks,corners,penalty he could do them all.

cazorla vs kagwa ..cazorla is a quality player and is main part of the spain squad...he has proven himself in Spanish league and his impact is clear for everyone to see...kagwa like i said have to still prove himself..so lets decide after half a season have gone by...from what i have seen so far cazorla is twice the player kagwa is.

pre injury ramsey/rosicky > pre injury Anderson/fletcher...rosicky was an wold class player before he got injured and ramsey was miles better than anderson before his leg injury....fletcher is a quality player but rosicky was slightly better than him before his injury.

scholes>diaby/arshavin ..scholes..no arguments.

vidic and ferdinand(08/09)=kos and verm (12/13)

vidic and ferdinand(12/13)<kos and verm (12/13)

Edited by rajprdp

Do you know the salary RVP is on ?

220K = Rooneys Salary

No Doubt that he is as good as Rooney but just in comparison Silva is less than 190K,Toure is 200K,Kompany is 120K and Nasri is 173K

SO its unlikely that you can be sure that City offered more

City offering more money is a common misconception

And that 3 Substitution in our last game proved it more than anything.

Even City beat them same way and trust me that had little to do with Mancini

Southampton are not good enough

Call me delusional or whatever but I genuinely believe Arsenal have a decent chance to fight for the title this season(massive injuries being the only factory which can prevent it). And if cazorla & podolski who have played 50 & 100 games for the spanish & german NT respectively dont fit into the definition of World-Class then I don't know who does.

+1

I love how people here don't rate Anderson on his day he's a great player but injury prone

I remember his two best games came against Gerrard and fabregas

And the way he started last season before getting injured

You said it yourself

Hes very inconsistent

Don't tell me you support manchester united...if you do then you are a disgrace.

Get to know a little about the history of the club you support.

:good:

Was waiting to see who was gonna try to throw some sense into him

when united lose games its mostly because there midfield get overturned...Scholes and Carrick have not been all that consistent in recent years...with scholes its understandable since he is 38 years old...carrick is not all that great..he has been average the last few years...he is not the same player he was in his 1at year at united....with kagwa its too early to pass a judgment..he was good when at borussia but he hasn't proven himself in any of the top 3 leagues or in international scene.. let him show he could be a quality player at this lvl...fletcher is an quality option for you guys and i hope he gets well soon..anderson is an average player..having 2 games in 3 years doesn't mean he is good.

our midfield options are wilshere,cazorla,arteta,rosicky,diaby,ramsey and arshavin

wilshere>cleverly ..wilshere got picked for arsenal and england because he was talented..he was holding his own against Inesita and xavi..only manchester united fans will claim cleverly is on par or even better than wilshere.

arteta>carrick arteta is the better player imo...he can score goals if required and be solid defensively..he rarely makes a bad pass or losses possession( i wish carrick could do that)...keeps 90% passing accuracy every games..never has a bad game..freekicks,corners,penalty he could do them all.

cazorla vs kagwa ..cazorla is a quality player and is main part of the spain squad...he has proven himself in Spanish league and his impact is clear for everyone to see...kagwa like i said have to still prove himself..so lets decide after half a season have gone by...from what i have seen so far cazorla is twice the player kagwa is.

pre injury ramsey/rosicky > pre injury Anderson/fletcher...rosicky was an wold class player before he got injured and ramsey was miles better than anderson before his leg injury....fletcher is a quality player but rosicky was slightly better than him before his injury.

scholes>diaby/arshavin ..scholes..no arguments.

vidic and ferdinand(08/09)=kos and verm (12/13)

vidic and ferdinand(12/13)<kos and verm (12/13)

biased post is biased .. i dont even know where to start.

vidic and ferdinand(08/09)=kos and verm (12/13) --> this one is hilarious.