Xeno

The Football Thread

Liverpool FC: Premier League champions 2019-20

James Carroll

Liverpool Football Club are Premier League champions.

The Reds have clinched the crown for 2019-20 after Wednesday’s 4-0 victory over Crystal Palace at Anfield left Manchester City needing a win against Chelsea this evening.

The 2-1 defeat for City at Stamford Bridge ensures Jürgen Klopp’s side cannot mathematically be caught in the table.

It means Liverpool have secured the club’s 19th league title, ending a 30-year wait following their previous success in 1990.

In an unprecedented campaign, the club have claimed the championship earlier than any other side in Premier League history, doing so with seven games still to be contested.

The Reds equalled a top-flight record of 18 successive victories – and also set a new landmark for number of consecutive league home triumphs, with the win against Palace their 23rd in a row.

Their record for the season so far stands at 86 points accumulated after 31 matches played, with 28 wins, two draws and one defeat.

Liverpool Football Club: Premier League champions 2019-20.

1 hour ago, goDofWar_skr said:
Why the fk did Semedo not ask for a review? 
Barca were unnecessarily robbed the win.. The other penalty retake was dodgy too

Semedo's left knee hits Carrasco's heel

eaMSzAk.png

He also got very soft pen for Barca. Match was clown fiesta with awful ref. 

As a madrid fan i have to say, what a f**king turnaround. Everyone thought after Ronaldo left we are another United in the making but winning the league again so quickly while we are still officially in the rebuilding phase is so damn amazing.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

As a madrid fan i have to say, what a f**king turnaround. Everyone thought after Ronaldo left we are another United in the making but winning the league again so quickly while we are still officially in the rebuilding phase is so damn amazing.

Still 6 games to go...

10 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

The league is not won yet.

we have a tendency of losing points against sh*t teams.

but the team is looking good. Confident and fit

OFFICIAL: Achraf Hakimi signs with Inter until 2025

MILAN - Achraf Hakimi is offically an Inter player. The Moroccan, who was born in 1998, has joined the Nerazzurri on a permanent basis from Real Madrid and has signed a contract which will last until 30 June 2025.

Big signing. 

Rummenigge interview:

Related to Thiago

A top boy on and off the pitch. We negotiated seriously with him and fulfilled all of his wishes. But it looks like he wants to do something new again at the end of his career. ” 

We've never had any contact with Liverpool. If he wants to do this, we have to deal with it”. Liverpool are interested as Thiago would love to join Liverpool - but official talks have not started yet and many clubs are going to contact his agent. 

Damn. He might be leaving. 😞

Havertz no longer in plan for this window. Chelsea might be interested if Völler wants to sell him.