Killzone 2

KnackChap

GI Killzone 2 pre-order  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ne0,

Please don't be so impressionable. I'm not saying don't buy a PS3, but buy it for the right reasons.

Do not buy it just for Killzone 2. If you're buying it so you can also play a host of PS3 exclusives like LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, GOW3, GT5, Team ICO's still untitled title to name a few and upscale your existing DVD and PS2 collection, play Blu Ray rips, do some justice to your reciever that decodes DTS-MA etc. then good choice. Else, wait. There are equivalent/better experiences to be had on the 360/PS2/PC.

GTA 4 was bloody brilliant. My only crib about the game was its repetitive missions (at least I thought so). IMO only GTA 4 and Fallout 3 are the only games that display their environments perfectly (one of a huge city and other of nuclear wasteland). These games would be nothing without their environments.

KZ2 on the other hand has to get the story, pace of action, AI, environment and graphics right (list not exhaustive). I think its much harder to satisfy a gamer via a linear FPS than it is via a open world non linear game.

There may be somethings in common to both the games, but if you want to compare KZ2 with a game, compare it with a FPS.

HL2 FTW!

:devil:

Vaporware or not, it's still a reason to get the console. KZ2 and MGS4 eventually did come out, right?

And I mentioned things other than games too.

...you claim to have better if not equivalent experiences on the PS2.

Read my post again.

Oh yeah and do explain how there are "equivalent/better experiences" on the PS2.

Again, RTFP.

There are equivalent/better experiences to be had on the 360/PS2/PC.

If you are ignorant about the bestsellers/highly rated games on these platforms, I can't help you.

chances are that u might regret ur decision :(

Ne0,

Please don't be so impressionable. I'm not saying don't buy a PS3, but buy it for the right reasons.

Do not buy it just for Killzone 2. If you're buying it so you can also play a host of PS3 exclusives like LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, GOW3, GT5, Team ICO's still untitled title to name a few and upscale your existing DVD and PS2 collection, play Blu Ray rips, do some justice to your reciever that decodes DTS-MA etc. then good choice. Else, wait. There are equivalent/better experiences to be had on the 360/PS2/PC.

thanks for the heads up guys .... appreciate it :(

Okay, I'll try again.

Dear h3lios.

Are you saying that KZ2 is the best FPS experience across the vast libraries of the 360/PS2/PC ?

count PC out of this man.

console gaming experience >>> PC.

and yes kz2 is the greatest FPS on consoles ever with ray tracing only the cell can accomplish. 360 will take 1 hour to do the same thing which cell takes 5 minutes because of spus.

and the 360 library is not that great FYI.

Between the X360 and PS3, undoubtedly yes (though imho the original Halo comes mighty close). Bring the PC into the mix and it's only bested by the adventures of Mr. Freeman :(.

Mr. Freeman did make an appearance on the 360 as well. The orange box is one of the highest rated games on the 360 (Not quite for the PS3). Just because it released for the PC doesn't diminish its success on the 360. Same goes for Bioshock and COD4..

Mr. Freeman did make an appearance on the 360 as well. The orange box is one of the highest rated games on the 360 (Not quite for the PS3). Just because it released for the PC doesn't diminish its success on the 360. Same goes for Bioshock and COD4..

COD4 on PS3 is WIN, and so is Bioshock(this one can be debated tough), and Orange box was also released on PS3 and the reason why it was not so much a 'buy'd/played' game because almost all people have played it it either on PC or 360 and it doesn't make any point in buying the same game on a PS3 again :(

and why the hell are you guys discussing this issue here? this is KillZone 2 thread for chris sake...

Archived