The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

AOT Finale is going to be amazing.

Major Spoilers from manga

Spoiler

The Founding Titan, Ymir supporting Eren and giving all of her power to him (Depowering the Royal Family in the Process), The Rumbling, removing all hardening, bringing back Annie, titans of all generations coming back to destroy the outside world, Armin, Mikasa and the Survey Corps turning against Eren to try and kill him

It'll be fun. Though I am a bit concerned that the manga is not ended yet. Don't want the anime overtaking it (The name "Final Season" says all) and giving it's own ending.

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Though I am a bit concerned that the manga is not ended yet. Don't want the anime overtaking it (The name "Final Season" says all) and giving it's own ending.

I think there is going to be a part 2 of this season. 16 episodes isn't enough to cover everything in the manga from what I've heard.

20 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Really? I mean, its legit in Episode 1 Season 1. 

Either you know or you don't lol

I mean in terms of that particular reveal is going to happen this season. I dunno it's based on personal preference but I absolutely consider the fact there is a twist or reveal to be a spolier.

13 minutes ago, roun90 said:

AOT Finale is going to be amazing.

It'll be fun. Though I am a bit concerned that the manga is not ended yet. Don't want the anime overtaking it (The name "Final Season" says all) and giving it's own ending.

Final episode of anime and final chapter of manga will supposedly release together. Projected for April.

I clicked the spoiler tab  but thankfully didn't see anything. Excited for Episode 7 coming this sunday.

3 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

I mean in terms of that particular reveal is going to happen this season. I dunno it's based on personal preference but I absolutely consider the fact there is a twist or reveal to be a spolier.

Attack on Titan is famous for twists and reveals tbh. There's something every other episode. But ok, I understand your pov

• Like 2

19 hours ago, roun90 said:

Be careful my man. I did say it was major manga spoilers. It's all from the final War of Paradis Arc.

I already know one spoiler from the arc, got spoiled on twitter by accident. Didn't get any details so I'm not too bugged but yeah.

MAJOR MANGA SPOILER - 

Spoiler

Saw some random tweet like "Do you think Hange's death was unnecessary?" or something like that

41 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

What other anime is there in the league of Attack On Titan and Boku No Hero? 

Have seen Death Note and FMA Brotherhood. 

What kind of anime do you want to see? The anime genre is big, so what are your interests? Based on the 4 you listed, I would recommend -

1) One Punch Man (Action/Comedy/Parody) 

108-1085771_one-punch-man.jpg

2) Assassination Classroom (Amazing Anime - comedy/action/slice of life) 

wp1853123.jpg

3) Stein's Gate (Will be very boring at first, but continue watching till at least 10 episodes - believe me - it will be one of the best shows you watched in your entire life) (Sci-Fi/Mystery)

8207e8f65e68ed751bb7a1666a6dfb9e.jpg

4) Erased (Japanese Name: Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi) (Mystery) (You can watch the live action on Netflix as well - it's even better than the anime and a legit great show) 

f60222f2b66b02d531e6e016c4438c07.png c162660c157b6833e722f591c53e0558.jpg

5) Parasyte

wp2070391.jpg

6) Demon Slayer (Action) (On Netflix)

1099445.png

7) Great Pretender (Comedy/Scam Artists) (On Netflix)

wp7295926.jpg

8) Vinland Saga (Historical/Action) (On Amazon Prime)

81AaErFcDUL._RI_.jpg

9) Astra: Lost in Space (Sci-fi/Space Journey/Adventure) (On Netflix)

2021261_Latvian_AppleHorizontalBannerSho

Sorry for the images. It's just that it's more fun to post with images.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

My personal list for newbies to anime:

1. Death Note

2. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

3. Code Geass

4. Haikyuu

5. One Punch Man

6. A place farther than the universe

7. Your name(movie)

8. Kaguya Sama

9. Perfect Blue(movie)

10. Mob psycho 100

You should be able to get most of this on Netflix.

Edited by djdgr8

Meanwhile is anyone here watching Jujutsu Kaisen because holy f**king shitballs what a series. It has started off super strong with jaw dropping fight scenes one after another and establishing the cast and the villains brilliantly. It's a breath of fresh air in the shounen landscape.

1 hour ago, djdgr8 said:

My personal list for newbies to anime:

1. Death Note

2. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

3. Code Geass

4. Haikyuu

5. One Punch Man

6. A place farther than the universe

7. Your name(movie)

8. Kaguya Sama

9. Perfect Blue(movie)

10. Mob psycho 100

You should be able to get most of this on Netflix.

Not exactly a newbie :P Oldie who took a long break. Used to watch back when when Animax was a thing. 

I've tried One Punch Man and didn't like it. Maybe I should give it another go. I was wanting a hardcore shonen but was turned off when it turned out to be a comedy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djdgr8 said:

Meanwhile is anyone here watching Jujutsu Kaisen because holy f**king shitballs what a series. It has started off super strong with jaw dropping fight scenes one after another and establishing the cast and the villains brilliantly. It's a breath of fresh air in the shounen landscape.

Yeah I am watching it. It's quite good.

30 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Not exactly a newbie :P Oldie who took a long break. Used to watch back when when Animax was a thing. 

I've tried One Punch Man and didn't like it. Maybe I should give it another go. I was wanting a hardcore shonen but was turned off when it turned out to be a comedy. 

Yeah one punch is a comedy series first action/drama second, for hype shounen jujutsu kaiken and black clover are pretty good.Mob Psycho is by the same author as OPM and is a better series in my opinion.

Ah animax is a name i haven't heard in a long time.Such a sleek looking channel. I think they subbed anime right?

25 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Yeah I am watching it. It's quite good.

Todo's reason to fight people is one of the better takes of the pervy shounen character trope I have seen. Considering Minata from MHA is such a regression.

Edited by djdgr8

On 1/24/2021 at 11:11 PM, djdgr8 said:

Waiting for it to end, wanna see my boy Gojo in action. 15 eps out right now, another month and half.

I'm watching AoT, Quints and Horimiya weekly. Will binge JJK and Promised Neverland once the shows end. 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:33 PM, dylanjosh said:

Code Geass, Terror in Resonance, Vinland Saga, Haikyuu, Re Zero.

Basically some big popular shows. They're all very good imo. Jujustsu Kaisen (currently airing) is supposed to pretty ballsy too.

I hear there is a tournament arc ahead, so if you enjoyed that in MHA, you might enjoy this as well. 

On 1/25/2021 at 2:28 AM, Defender487 said:

Rent a gf
Shield hero
Neverland season 2 started
Banana fish
Made in abyss

I loved Rent a Girlfriend and Shield Hero too!

They've deviated from the manga I hear, so S2 of Promised Neverland is not as good supposedly.