I was just updating Origin and found that EA has released 10+ DLCs for Most Wanted and I've strong feeling they might do same for this. =\

SRtgl3Q.png

9lQqstY.png

+ NEED FOR SPEED™ MOST WANTED PREMIUM MOD UNLOCK for 1,349.00.

Cost of all DLCs - 6018 INR ~ 101 USD

If they do same for Rivals, it'll be 3000 INR for base game + 6000 INR for DLCs.. ~9000 INR for one complete game? :mellow:

What the frak EA?

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing Personalization back to Need for Speed :dance:

Personalization in Rivals is a feature we’re excited to be developing because of its importance when playing in AllDrive. This is a new feature we’re bringing to the racing genre where you routinely encounter your friends on the open roads and will want to show off your vehicles and driving skills. With this in mind we went about integrating personalization into the gameplay and fiction of living the life of a Cop or Racer in Redview County.

On the flip-side of the experience are members of the Redview County Police Department (RCPD). Players who are working through the ranks of the RCPD will be offered a different take on what personalization means to an officer. It would be strange to see Police vehicles sporting all sorts of wild colors and styles, as being uniform is part of the very nature of a police force.

Instead, Cops will unlock different versions of each car depending on how they choose to play; Patrol, Enforcer and another class we will be unveiling next week at Gamescom during EA’s press conference (www.ea.com/gamescom) on August 20 at 8:00am PT.

And for our biggest fans, be prepared to cross the line and bust racers on the action-packed streets of Redview County from day one by pre-ordering today. In addition to the Ultimate Cop Pack which comes with every pre-order of Need for Speed Rivals, there are more offers available at different retailers worldwide, including the Ultimate Racer Pack. This exclusive pack will put you in the driver’s seat of the SRT Viper Time Attack, and also comes with the custom Colorful Dream livery and a bonus allotment of banked Speed Points.

TAIP0Zt.jpg

nSWIMmD.jpg

ihLia8f.jpg

JifBkvU.jpg

My Opinion and concerns:-

1. NFS:HP/Paradise is the best Game Last Gen. developed by Criterion. I am not talking about simulator.

2. After NFS Takeover, The last good game from citerion was NFS:HP, SInce then they went downhill.

3. Rivals looks promising by combining both NFS Features, Hope it clicks with the Fans.

4. Need a Burnout Game from Next Gen. ASAP from Criterion.

Ignore the rest but, Point 4 is very imp. :)

That is just a fancy way of saying they are out of ideas for burnout, which is sad, since right now i would take a new burnout over NFS anyday

I would take Burnout Takedown / Revenge in HD..

Make no changes , just improve the graphics...ill buy it at full price..

Customization is back & many things seem to be what people always wanted since most wanted/carbon, but with this being EA i am kinda worried about that one major flaw that each of their racers have that make the game feel incomplete

Just if anyone wants to know about the flaws

NFS Carbon - No day/night cycle

NFS Pro Sh!t
NFS Undercover - Crap handling
NFS Shift - ArcSim racing :|
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 - Rubber Banding
NFS The Run - No Customization, mediocre handling, USE OF RESETS [ DEALBREAKER if you can't ever get used to such a concept ]
NFS Most Wanted 2012 - Too much content on the online driving screen, can't properly drive, which would result in crashes

Seeing rivals is made by ghost using frostbite, i am worried about handling, if criterion's mechanics are not applied

Okay, I’m rather curious whether EA knows why its racing games do not sell well on the PC or not. I mean, seriously. If you want the customers to give you their money, then offer them proper PC versions of your games instead of shoddy ports. Common sense, right? Well not exactly as Eurogamer revealed that Need For Speed: Rivals will be locked at 30FPS on all platforms. Hooray. As Ghost founder and Rivals executive producer, Marcus Nilsson, told Eurogamer, this decision was made due to the game’s AllDrive feature.

“Anything can happen in AllDrive. That’s the key innovation with this game. You don’t have single-player, co-op or multiplayer. It just happens seamlessly. I could be playing the game, setting a time, and all of a sudden you could come into that world, and you could be carrying AI, I could be carrying AI, and all of a sudden, on that screen, there are a lot of cars. We always have to budget for the worst case scenario. So in this case we’ve prioritised the gameplay, because we think 30fps is giving a satisfactory experience.”

Sure thing, this sounds reasonable for X360 and PS3. But why lock the framerate on the PC? And before someone starts yelling about the game being programmed in such a way, I’ll simply remind you about Dark Souls and Durante’s fix. As you may already know, a lot claimed that Dark Souls’ engine was handling frames in such a way that it could not be unlocked to a higher framerate. Of course, that was a b*llcrap and nothing more as Durante has managed to unlock the framerate. It is also interesting how this series (NFS) is going downhill on the PC due to the idiotic decisions that were made from its own developers. Need For Speed: The Run was also locked at 30fps (but thankfully a patch was released later on that unlocked it). Need For Speed: Most Wanted suffered from a lot of performance issues that most of them never got addressed. And now, Need For Speed: Rivals returns to the 30fps lock. Hilarious to say the least!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived