Persona 5

'Pranay

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Remember, once lockdown lifts - everyone is going to crowd out immediately, most probably making the sickness spread much higher. Best to wait 1-2 weeks more before going out, buy wearing gloves, wash with alcohol and just to be on safe side - don't touch the game for 48/72 hours.

Excessive, but once the dam bursts and people crowd out, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Exactly. I'm personally in favour of extending the lockdown, 14th April is far too early. 

Anyway yes, I don't plan on leaving the house at all, and I'll be careful when I receive the game (if I get it that is). Unlike most people squealing online on how the lockdown has affected their lives and now they can't go clubbing, partying, smoking with their friends and whatever else, I put my health first and I'm not really bothered yet. Plenty of work to do, games to play, movies to watch, books to read blah blah

• 2 weeks later...

I had this game for a long time but never played. Started playing from last Saturday so far I have played 19hours (in-game reached Second Palace). it is so well polished and amazing story driven game. Only drawback for me is that "this game doesn't allow you to record or take screenshots" . Out of that beside story, the environment looks colorful and very appealing.

People are who playing Person 5 Royale... is it completely  a different game ? I know it has some continuation from the Persona 5 (Story wise). But my question is does persona 5 royale contains main story mission from "Persona 5" and then include continuation part or it is entirely a different game? Thanks. 

P.S - This is my First persona game.

6 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I had this game for a long time but never played. Started playing from last Saturday so far I have played 19hours (in-game reached Second Palace). it is so well polished and amazing story driven game. Only drawback for me is that "this game doesn't allow you to record or take screenshots" . Out of that beside story, the environment looks colorful and very appealing.

People are who playing Person 5 Royale... is it completely  a different game ? I know it has some continuation from the Persona 5 (Story wise). But my question is does persona 5 royale contains main story mission from "Persona 5" and then include continuation part or it is entirely a different game? Thanks. 

I haven't played either the original or the Royal (hoping to pick up the steelbook post lockdown)

But as far as I know, there are changes to the original story. There are many more side missions, dialogues have gotten changes, there is an entirely new playable character and stuff as well.

However the bare essence of the Royal remains same. It will probably be fantastic to play, but I don't think it would be appealing to play Royal immediately after playing P5. 

If you're liking Persona 5, P5R is a good pick-up. Just don't play them back to back I guess. IGN's video said if you played the original game when it came out, this would be great time to head back into the world with Persona 5 Royal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

There are many changes over the base P5, to the point that it is a new game and cannot be included in DLC. Some of the major changes -

1) The "Intro" has been changed (By "Intro", I mean the very first part of the game where Joker is captured)

2) There are various changes to the gameplay. Some examples I list Royal -

-Guns replenish ammo after every battle, unlike P5. So you don't have to conserve bullets. But in exchange. the enemy weaknesses are all rejigged, so guns are not as OP anymore. Gameplay balance has completely changed in comparison to Vanilla Persona 5

- There are 2 new Arcanas (Faith and Councillor) and all that entails - Personas to fit those arcanas, changes to Persona fusions, expanding the fusion compendium etc.

- Palaces have all been expanded with new areas. Exploring the palaces and reaching those areas are very rewarding as you can get new Treasure Chests, and especially a new collectible called Will Seeds. There are around 3 Will Seeds per palace, and collecting one of them will replenish your Sp a bit. Collecting all 3 Will Seeds will give you  an accessory. You can also trade in these accessories to a new NPC in Mementos to give an upgraded one with special effects

- Exploration in Palaces has also been changed with the addition of a grappling hook, which can be used to go up/down/cross gaps etc.. So you also have to search areas above and below to get to new areas.

- Bosses also have new phases which are unique. You now have to think further on how to defeat each bosses.

- Mementos are also changed. With the addition of the new NPC, you can change the state of Mementos as well as change things like EXP, Money gain etc. But these things require new collectibles

- You can now level up your Technical skills, Gun skills, Baton Passes etc. to make them more powerful and give them new effects. These can be done by playing mini-games like Darts, Billiards etc.

- There are special "Show-Time" attacks, which basically are mega, cinematic attacks that are awesome to see as the cinematic is excellent (really giving vibes of your characters acting like gangsters/assassins/thieves)

- There is a new Fusion Alarm System. The entire Velvet Room goes into lockdown with Sirens blaring, red lights etc. During this time, any fusion you perform is a gamble. The Personas from this fusion can become very powerful gaining extremely powerful moves early. You can also "accidentally" summon a very           powerful Persona (like say a Lvl 90 Persona) or a very weak Persona with random moves (That can be strong or weak)

3) Besides this, there is a new area in the city to explore, that is exclusive to Royal. This area also has things like mini-games, new places to explore etc.

4) As has been stated, there are dialogue changes and minor story changes that have been applied through-out the game.

5) Major Story change happens after you finish the final boss of the Vanilla Persona 5. After this a new Semester, new palace and new story has been added which according to reviewers adds at least 20-30 hours of game time. In addition, there is also a new ending are also new good, true and bad endings added. You can still access the Vanilla endings by ignoring the new content (Making some bad decisions) from what i heard

6) The new confidants can be accessed as soon as you finish your first palace (Kamoshida's Palace)

7) There is also a mini-palace, just for you that you can access. It's called the Thieves Den. Activities you do in the main game and in the den will get you coins. You can use those coins to purchase fun stuff, like say adding our favorite Persona to decorate the Palace, statues of Palace Rulers, Bosses etc.. You can also purchase things like the in-game movies, photos, songs (Both from within and outside the game), concept art etc. with that currency. This allows you to view it at any time. Plus the Den also has a separate award section which gives separate awards than the main PSN Trophies.

8) There are new requests for Mementos (i.e. new bosses in Mementos) along with new stories for them.

9) Graphics have been improved. Vanilla P5 was a PS3/PS4 release. Persona 5 Royal is made only for PS4, so graphics have been improved, made sharper etc.

I've finished Vanilla Persona 5 and almost completed 3rd Palace of Persona 5 Royal. This is what I've observed so far.

Game overall is excellent, and definitely worth the purchase. Have been having a ton of fun, even though I did finish off Vanilla Persona 5.

Also, I never thought it was possible, but Atlus actually made the soundtrack better in Royal over Vanilla. Thought "Last Surprise" and "Rivers in a Dry Land" can't be topped. But now, I can't get "Colors Flying High" and "Take Over" out of my head. Talk about taking a 10/10 OST and turning it into a 11/10 or more lol

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 2

Small changes like gun ammo, baton pass, how combos work and Showtime attacks all collectively add up and really open up the attack options. Anyone who don't know what Persona is will probably have a hard time telling that its turn based because of how fast it flows.

Also GOTY soundtrack, which is amazing considering its in the same year as Ori 2, Doom Eternal and  FF7R. I can listen to this all day long..

24 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

50hrs in this game and it keeps getting better. The palaces have been very creatively designed.

50 hrs already? Didn't you start the game last Tuesday or so? So which version did you finally play - base or royal? And what Palace did you reach?

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

50 hrs already? Didn't you start the game last Tuesday or so? So which version did you finally play - base or royal? And what Palace did you reach?

Last Saturday. I’m playing base game. Don’t have Royale yet. About to start the 5th palace. 

I'm at 35 hours but only beaten 3 palaces despite fast forwarding most of first and second palace stuff (had done in P5). I feel like Royal goes a lot slower because all the new confidants start taking up your time right from the start.

@CarbonCore and all others who purchased Persona 5 Royal and cleared out the first palace - check out the email of the PSN ID from which you purchased Persona 5 Royal (Might have to look in the "Promotions" Tab). Sony is sending out free codes for special themes are avatars for Persona 5 Royal. The codes are based on your progression, so the more you progress - the more codes and themes you will get. Check it out and redeem it. It's absolutely awesome. From what I understand, you need to clear the 1st Palace to get the first wave. You need to clear out the 4th Palace for the 2nd wave. And you need to clear out the final Palace for the 3rd wave.

Since I'm doing the 4th Palace currently, I only got the code for the 1st wave, but it's really awesome. Hope to get the 2nd wave code after the 4th palace.

For those playing Persona 5 for the first time, please do not look at the themes below. It does contain spoilers

All of the Theme Images I took from Source below for those interested

Spoiler

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-1.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-2.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-3.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-4.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-5.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-6.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-7.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-8.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-9.original.jpg

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-10.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-11.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-12.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-13.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-14.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-15.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-16.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-17.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-18.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-19.original.jp

persona-5-royal-ps4-theme-20.original.jp

SourceSource with Images for Avatars and Themes

@GameAnalyzer You're in for a treat now. Sh*t really hits the fan after the 5th Palace and the game has some really goosebumps moments after the 6th. You can say - this is where the actual game begins. Enjoy!! You're in for a treat!! 

Edited by roun90

Just now, CarbonCore said:

f**k those themes look amazing. But since I'm playing it on US account, no codes yet :wallbash:This regional bullshit needs to stop.

They should send out the codes for US players soon. No way there is something that EU/India gets, but US does not (The other way around is possible). So keep playing and keep those trophies for the 1st, 4th and last palace ready :D

BTW did you buy the US version or did you buy the EU/India version and play on the US account? If it's the former, you will get the code for sure. If it's the latter - there is a possibility you may never get the code as Sony EU may look for the EU trophy data to trigger sending the email (No idea about this and I hope you get the code, but the possibility just came to my mind).

Edited by roun90

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

They should send out the codes for US players soon. No way there is something that EU/India gets, but US does not (The other way around is possible). So keep playing and keep those trophies for the 1st, 4th and last palace ready :D

BTW did you buy the US version or did you buy the EU/India version and play on the US account? If it's the former, you will get the code for sure. If it's the latter - there is a possibility you may never get the code as Sony EU may look for the EU trophy data to trigger sending the email (No idea about this and I hope you get the code, but the possibility just came to my mind).

The latter, which is why I hope no hope of getting the codes. Only thing I can do is play it on Indian account, fast forward through everything and beat Kamoshida using high level DLC personas.

13 hours ago, roun90 said:

@GameAnalyzer You're in for a treat now. Sh*t really hits the fan after the 5th Palace and the game has some really goosebumps moments after the 6th. You can say - this is where the actual game begins. Enjoy!! You're in for a treat!! 

yeah. About to start the 7th palace. I took a break for today now. Game’s story is taking sudden changes. ?

Got the 2nd code today for the next set of themes (Yusuke, Makoto and Futaba) some 1 day after beating the 4th palace :happydance:

@CarbonCore You should contact Playstation US on their contact us page/email. Seems tons of US customers did not get the theme codes, but Sony US is sending them so long as they contact them from the email/account to which the trophy is attached to. I don't think Sony US is checking what region your base game is. So just sync your trophies with PSN and contact Sony/Playstation US and tell them that you have the trophies associated with getting the themes, but have not received the code yet.

BTW, the trophies you will need are (Not telling the trophy names here) -

1) Trophy for the 1st Palace (Will get you the 1st three character themes + Their avatars for your profile)

2) Trophy for the 4th Palace (Will get you the themes of the next 3 characters who join + their avatars)

3) Trophy for the final palace (The new final palace, not the OG P5 one) (Will get you the themes of the next 3 characters + their avatars)

4) The Platinum Trophy (Will get you the Themes of the Twins at the Velvet Room + Spoiler character of the Velvet Room)

So just sync your trophy list and try your luck!! The themes cost around 200 yen (150 INR) each on the Japan Store, so you are looking at around INR 1800-2000 worth of free stuff.

• Like 1