Alien: Isolation

Keyofx

L2 readies the baton and you use it with R2.

You need stun cartridges , its a one round one use use weapon.

I used it on this dude who was chased me into the med lab, hit him right in the a-hole, he knelled over and collapsed. Felt bad for him later :(

• Like 1

Do you have charges left? Have you reloaded the charge?

L2 readies the baton and you use it with R2.

You need stun cartridges , its a one round one use use weapon.

I used it on this dude who was chased me into the med lab, hit him right in the a-hole, he knelled over and collapsed. Felt bad for him later :(

Thanks, I had a charge but had to reload it. Worked very nicely on an android in mission 8! :D I'm loving how the game doesn't feel monotonous. The gameplay keeps switching up with every mission.

First mission : Exploring yet Torrens which has a striking resemblance to the Nostromo.

Next few: Exploring a Bioshock-like world with great atmosphere while learning the mechanics of the game as the tension slowly builds.

Medlabs: One of the most suspenseful, challenging and exhilarating parts of the entire game.

Mission 9 is well...um..a very nice surprise for fans of the films.

That's where I am right now and I'm sure the tone's gonna change in the next few missions with full-on Ripley-on-Android action. I like how they keep changing the gameplay style so that it doesn't become level after level of hiding from the alien. The most important part is that it still feels coherent.

This and South Park are my favorite games of the year so far.

Edited by srinivas1015

Alien: Isolation 'Corporate Lockdown' DLC announced

Alien-Isolation-DLC-Corporate-Lockdown-S

"In ‘Corporate Lockdown’, Seegson Executive Ransome has learnt that he has been abandoned by his paymasters," explains the press release. "Knowing that the Torrens is on the way, he decides to make his escape and hitch a ride on board, taking decoded Nostromo data with him. However, while escaping he wants to tie up a few loose ends."

In addition to the maps, the add-on will introduce Gauntlet mode—challenging players to complete all three Survivor challenges back-to-back without dying.

Corporate Lockdown is due out 28 October, costing £5.59 / $8. It'll be followed by four subsequent packs.

Source: PCgamer

• Like 1

Finished. Good game that could have been great if it had been shorter and more focussed. This should have been an Outlast-size adventure, not a AAA-Bioshock-size narrative. Props to the sound mixers on this-Playing this at night with Audio-technica headphones might have been my gaming experience of the year-you could tell exactly where and how far the Alien was by the mixing and sound effects, and tension so high you can't tell the difference between Ripley's heart-beats and your own. I can't imagine what this game would do to me with an Oculus Rift.

My cons are : I don't think any game in recent times has been so blatantly built on fetch-questing its way to pad hours to its narrative. I had no idea what the hell I was doing most of the time, just moving to next objective marker. SPOILER:

And the alien that is killed in the middle; we could have actually been shown the fruits of our labour, I had no idea I had killed the creature until the guy in my head had told me thats what I had done. Felt massively anti-climatic. The game was built on player vs. one alien; to kill that ONE alien off-screen and then later put half a dozen other creatures on the ship felt like a low blow. The game never really recovers from this IMO.

• Like 1

New DLC is available on Steam.

DnQXP1l.jpg

Welcome to Corporate Lockdown, the first expansion pack for Alien: Isolation. This pack features three all-new maps:for Survivor Mode, a time-based challenge to test your skills.

Can you evade the Alien for long enough to survive or will you try to take the Alien head-on?

- Three new maps, stretching from the Corporate Penthouse to the Medlabs.
- New playable character Ransome gives you the firepower to take the fight to your enemies.
- Upload your best times to the Alien: Isolation leaderboards and challenge the world.

Price: $7.99

Steam.

Edit:

Size: 695 MB. Downloading.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Whoever pre-ordered the game on steam can sell TF2 items. Can make around ~$15-20. :D

Even if I buy a pre-order steamgift now, I can still do that right? I don't think playing is required to get those TF2 drops, as it's a pre-order bonus?