Sign in to follow this  
Keano

Call of Duty : Black Ops III

The matchmaking will be perfect if they either make that feature available or code it in such a way, that after it takes 5 mins and you don't find a match in your region, it connects you to the nearest game with an overseas host.

It will not go by region and will just look to connect to a host that can setup good lobbies. If you have a good upload connection and ping, it makes you a host and connects players to you (which is a huge advantage in COD :P )

When I was in Hyderabad, I had 100 down and 50 up with beam telecom and BlackOps 2 was so much as I was the host in most of the matches :bigyellowgrin:

Open your PSN ports

put PS4 in static ip & DMZ mode

(Google it)

This works for me well & most of the ppl who have this set up

BF4 & Gears J also made things work for me after this set up

I have set up a static IP. Black ops 3 already shows an Open Nat type. Does that not mean the same thing ? ( I dont know much about networking )

Edited by checker6299

Well nat type 2 usually says open nat

So that's not everything

Put your PS4 in DMZ

& also open PSN ports on your router

Lota guys couldn't find games but I was when I leaded the party

Google around for DMZ & PSN port forwarding

It's quite easy

I'm thoroughly convinced it's just the game's shitty matchmaking. Rocket League, BF: Hardline and SW:Battlefront all connect me to full games within 15 seconds (PS4). Tried Black Ops afterward and same story... TDM, FFA, Chaos... no matter what game-mode, it never connected me after several attempts at each. Truly pathetic.

Edited by KiranB28

It's odd that you guys are having trouble with matchmaking. I'm playing it on the PC and MM takes around 10 seconds at most. Awesome MP is awesome.

Not everyone is having problems

Only ppl with a certain network type

They need to open PSN ports I believe

My point is, why is this a specific requirement for Black Ops only? If there was something wrong with my network, wouldn't it affect my ability to enter other games' lobbies or matches online? :|

My point is, why is this a specific requirement for Black Ops only? If there was something wrong with my network, wouldn't it affect my ability to enter other games' lobbies or matches online? :|

I faced same issue with BF4 on PS4

& Gears J on 360

Opening ports fixed it

Can't say what the issue was with BF

But here & in other p2p games where they enable a proximity setting

These issues arrive

Just atleast try what I am saying

Ppl who are able to play are liking this game much more than BattleFront

Do I need to port forward if I don't use a router? Meaning, I use a LAN wire directly out of my ADSL modem to the PS4? I tried this and still having issues... so it's definitely not the router or its' configuration.

do you have any other call of duty games with you? If yes, try to see if you can find lobbies in those games. Also, what is your NAT type?

do you have any other call of duty games with you? If yes, try to see if you can find lobbies in those games. Also, what is your NAT type?

No other CoD games... all I know is this one's the only game giving me issues with matchmaking... BF4 nor Hardline (nor Advanced Warfare) did in the past.

NAT 2 and Nat 3 on different networks in my home, both with the same result. In-game for both: Open NAT.