Ni-OH

KnackChap

• 1 month later...

Last Chance Trial will be running this weekend, January 21 and 22

Beating the Main Mission will net you the Ogress Headgear, whereas completing the Twilight Mission will give you a last chance to secure the Mark of the Conqueror and Mark of the Strong from last year’s Alpha and Beta.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/18/team-ninjas-ps4-action-game-nioh-gets-last-chance-trial-this-weekend/

Just finished the demo with twilight missions and the one where we fight the dude with raikiri blade. I can try to help you with the normal and twilight missions when i am free, anyone need help?

1_zpsawzo8paq.jpg?1485026302372&14850263

3_zpsoprjycku.jpg?1485026302371&14850263

2_zps3hn55r2k.jpg?1485026302372&14850263

I'm absolutely blown away by the latest demo. Finally an action game that can be a decent alternative to the Soulsborne series. It feels like a cross between Souls, Diablo and a character action game. There's so much depth to the combat and the Diablo-style loot / crafting is the icing on the cake (though not many would like that aspect). Team Ninja is back!

The only problem is that now I need to make room for one more game in my time and budget. I simply have to buy this.

PS: Is it possible to update the thread title? The game is now officially called Nioh not Ni-OH.

Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition... Absolutely loving this game.

Did any one try co-op? I tried it with friend using the Torii gate, but it doesn't let you level up or anything. So only way to play 'normally' with complete access to shrines is by using the Okocho cups?

Nioh suna hai DS se bhi zyaada hard hai . Isliye soch raha hoon lun ya nahi lol

It better be hard because tbh I no longer find Dark souls series hard after Demon souls ...all it takes it lot of grinding to level up and than you can literally take on anyone ofcourse some bosses are not easy to understand 1st time and so you die but they are now very few rest almost 90% bosses also i found easy ...i have not played Ds3 though...only Demon Souls, DS1 and Ds2 ( without the dlcs).

Kis ke deemag mein gandha bhada hai woh toh joh bhi tera saath Mp's khela hai sab jaante honge....

Tharki you bought Remember me just it stars female protagonist. Zyaada mu mat khulwa mera ab. 😁

It better be hard because tbh I no longer find Dark souls series hard after Demon souls ...all it takes it lot of grinding to level up and than you can literally take on anyone ofcourse some bosses are not easy to understand 1st time and so you die but they are now very few rest almost 90% bosses also i found easy ...i have not played Ds3 though...only Demon Souls, DS1 and Ds2 ( without the dlcs).

Bloodborne is best Souls game. Challenging and rewarding.

I think Japanese Geralt is fixed. With customization they probably mean armor, masks etc. I don't understand why they gave him such a generic name like William though. I'm still hoping for some character customization though.

Also in terms of difficulty, I wouldn't say it's harder than Souls. It's a very gear dependent game. If you get stuck it's always possible to grind levels and also farm for better loot. Killing Revenants (the defeated players / red tombs) was the best way to get gear in the demo (though I can see that getting nerfed in the full game). The main trick to being a badass at the combat is doing the Ki regain/pulse thing and it gets easier with practice. Otherwise it is completely possible to defeat most enemies by striking a few times, dodging and repeating.

Bosses have more health than in Souls games but don't necessarily have difficult patterns. I'd say getting better gear and leveling up makes them slightly easier. That's one thing I love about Souls bosses, they hit hard but you can also hit hard do a lot of damage, so fights usually don't last for more than a few minutes. Can't say that for Nioh unless you have optimal gear and are doing a lot of damage quickly.

I will get NiOh once iam done with Yakuza, Zero Dawn and Automata.

Man PS4 exclusives line up is quite good this year compared to last year.. Last year PS line up was meh for me but this year PS is bringing all the good stuff.

Also this game has an awesome mimic chest. I opened one, something popped out which immediately transformed into a clone of myself and I actually had to fight myself. That was interesting...

Played the demo again and not feeling the combat at all. Aside from being hard as hell (which I don't mind) the combat feels like it has no weight at all. Soulborne games have a vicious punch behind every attack, if an enemy hits you with a club and you lose half your health, you can see why you lost so much of it because it will look and sound awfully brutal and heavy. Here it just feels like Ninja Gaiden minus crazy combos and wall-hopping.

Also the environments at least in the demo feel drab, empty and soulless (no pun). Was hoping for a Soulsborne with NG combat, but after playing it I don't think that's a good idea.

I agree with the environments. I'm hoping the main game will have different locales and daytime levels. I remember reading that a single playthrough can take up to 70 hours which probably means we have seen very little of the game.

As for the combat, it's best to think of it as it's own thing and not comparing it to Soulsborne or NG. Personally even I prefer Souls combat, especially Bloodborne but Nioh definitely is a worthy alternative. The punch/impact depends on what weapons you are using. I found the bigger weapons like axes to be quite meaty while the dual katanas felt more swishy. The Kusarigama also has nice feedback when it connects. I was actually worried about feel of the combat but to me it feels good enough. Certainly not as crunchy as Souls nor combo-heavy like DMC or NG but it hits a nice middle ground. I also like the weapon variety and the ranged combat with bows and guns (which honestly feels more natural than Souls).

The only real problem for me is getting adjusted to X for sprint/dodge. That Souls muscle memory is difficult to get over. I kept getting wrecked because I pressed O every time I wanted to evade. Then I went back to Bloodborne and kept pressing X... ugh.

Archived