Days Gone

Big Boss

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Sounds like first 10 hours are boring, then 11th hour onwards you start developing Stockholm Syndrome :P

10hour thing based on my experience. I was just doing errands for 1st 10 hours nothing else.  You do lot of errands to progress in story and unlock good loot by gaining more trust  from each  camp. I was also getting rid of nests to make sure i can fast travel lol. After progressing enough to iron mike story and reaching new area, game gets better imo.

I never even once in my 50+ hours spent in this game felt that I should just quit this game and move on. Yes - this has pacing issues at start and feels stretched at some parts later on. But the story and an open world of zombie/marauders concept with dash of hordes is fun & refreshing.

P.S I might offend a few people here - but i am playing The last of Us remastered (already played on PS3) and I am feeling like quitting it and just watching youtube videos before starting TLOU2.

Maybe because the gameplay is now dated? I remember I enjoyed it originally in my college days :D 

• 2 months later...

For this game, the way to play it is, rush the story till you reach lost lake. Then juggle extra stuff and main game. I didn't play it like that but I liked even the beginning. Going out on free roams, you go with a single useless gun vs freaks and marauders, its very exciting. Then story was going a little slow but I was playing quite a bit just to find out if Sarah was still (according to them) dead or alive. And then the Nero choppers were a nice twist. After that I bumped into my first horde (the train station) and then I was hooked. The first few hours just set the mood for how the world is - broken, only small camps are left, its dangerous to so much as step out. Almost exactly like Colter in rdr2. 1st 2 or even 3 chapters were ridiculously boring, days gone - just a couple hours. After that it picked up but I still didn't quite like rdr2 as much as a lot of other people did, wasn't perfect -and the story was a little dull (through the game you r just trying to steal a lot of money and escape, with a few twists and a lot of roadblocks. Ending was the worst - changes based on how many ppl you kill or save or good stuff (honor level - didn't even know abt the mechanic) you do instead of decision based).

It literally take 25 seconds to loot a nightstand in rdr2. You hold the button (0.5 sec) then he slowly bends down and pulls open the cupboard and then stands up again (5 sec), then hold the button (0.5 x 3 = 1.5 sec) again and he slowly bends downs down and picks up the first item (4 sec) , second item (4 sec), third item (4 sec) and then hold the button (0.5 sec) he bends down slowly to clost the cupboard (5 sec). The "realistic" way to do that is to bend down, open the cupboard, pick up everything and then close the cupboard and stand.

RDR2 - 7/10

Days gone is a brilliant game, worth playing. Days Gone - 9.8/10

And that was rdr2 vs days gone - my opinion based on real problems in rdr2 which don't bother other ppl as much as me.

There was a days gone 2 trailer, and some stuff on the net saying the game is cancelled. Little confused. Anyone any ideas? There was even a poll to request a second game but then the trailer is out n all that so? The first game was brilliant and I really want to play the sequal. The final ending was essentially a cliffhanger.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

For this game, the way to play it is, rush the story till you reach lost lake. Then juggle extra stuff and main game. I didn't play it like that but I liked even the beginning. Going out on free roams, you go with a single useless gun vs freaks and marauders, its very exciting. Then story was going a little slow but I was playing quite a bit just to find out if Sarah was still (according to them) dead or alive. And then the Nero choppers were a nice twist. After that I bumped into my first horde (the train station) and then I was hooked. The first few hours just set the mood for how the world is - broken, only small camps are left, its dangerous to so much as step out. Almost exactly like Colter in rdr2. 1st 2 or even 3 chapters were ridiculously boring, days gone - just a couple hours. After that it picked up but I still didn't quite like rdr2 as much as a lot of other people did, wasn't perfect -and the story was a little dull (through the game you r just trying to steal a lot of money and escape, with a few twists and a lot of roadblocks. Ending was the worst - changes based on how many ppl you kill or save or good stuff (honor level - didn't even know abt the mechanic) you do instead of decision based).

It literally take 25 seconds to loot a nightstand in rdr2. You hold the button (0.5 sec) then he slowly bends down and pulls open the cupboard and then stands up again (5 sec), then hold the button (0.5 x 3 = 1.5 sec) again and he slowly bends downs down and picks up the first item (4 sec) , second item (4 sec), third item (4 sec) and then hold the button (0.5 sec) he bends down slowly to clost the cupboard (5 sec). The "realistic" way to do that is to bend down, open the cupboard, pick up everything and then close the cupboard and stand.
RDR2 - 7/10

Days gone is a brilliant game, worth playing. Days Gone - 9.8/10

And that was rdr2 vs days gone - my opinion based on real problems in rdr2 which don't bother other ppl as much as me.

There was a days gone 2 trailer, and some stuff on the net saying the game is cancelled. Little confused. Anyone any ideas? There was even a poll to request a second game but then the trailer is out n all that so? The first game was brilliant and I really want to play the sequal. The final ending was essentially a cliffhanger.
They're working on a new IP. Am about 15 hrs into the game and it's been decently fun but yes there is quite a bit of unnecessary padding and pointless missions. Game world is quite beautiful and immersive.

Where are you in the story?
Cause once you reach the third camp, you will not leave this game till you finish it.
Yes I am at Lost Lake camp. The most recent mission i did was

Got anti biotics for Boozer from crash site but they had to cut off his arm

13 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Yes I am at Lost Lake camp. The most recent mission i did was

Hide contents

Got anti biotics for Boozer from crash site but they had to cut off his arm

Story picks up from here but still has pacing issue right till the end. 

2 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:
11 minutes ago, KnackChap said:
Story picks up from here but still has pacing issue right till the end. 

Am I even halfway through yet? Definitely enjoying it more than HZD. Yes the game definitely has pacing issues.

Not halfway but around 30% more or less. the story actually starts from the 3rd camp and continues till the end. First 2 camps are just filler. 

The first 2 camps are like 10% of the game. After you reach lost lake, the entire main missions will be centered around lost lake till 50% of the game. After that the focus switches around between Nero lost lake and other camps. You are at 20% - 25% through the game. Its a pretty fairly large game. HZD was better by a short margin in my opinion. The pacing issue is very mild after you reach lost lake. You still got a way to go and you will enjoy it.

Actually the halfway mark is almost exactly at riding nomad again, when u go south. So another mission or 2 and you will be exactly halfway through. The game is split into two main storylines.

One ends when you go south and a few missions later the next starts.

The first is the I remember storyline. It ends as you go south and the second starts shortly after. Almost perfect halves.

There are many other main storylines but this is the split in the game.

Actually the halfway mark is almost exactly at riding nomad again, when u go south. So another mission or 2 and you will be exactly halfway through. The game is split into two main storylines.
One ends when you go south and a few missions later the next starts.
The first is the I remember storyline. It ends as you go south and the second starts shortly after. Almost perfect halves.
There are many other main storylines but this is the split in the game.
Is it worth seeing it through now that I have finally

found my wife at the military camp?

Coz if half of the story is still left to go then it seems too long.

7 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Is it worth seeing it through now that I have finally

Reveal hidden contents

Coz if half of the story is still left to go then it seems too long.

Yes because the pacing gets lot better now and the best part about the game, the horde missions is about to start. 

It is a very long game but the game pacing here starts going very well. Just keep playing that story line as fast as fast goes. Cause u got some of the best missions coming in the game starting from the mission I tried to hit that once. I'm in my second play through playing parallel to ff7 remake which I'm in the last chpt, chot 18 rn. Days gone except for the pacing is a brilliant game and given where u r, u don't have that problem also now. Play it through, it is really worth it. Hope u have a good time and don't ditch the game at this point cause u will really miss out on something rlly good if u do.