Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

10 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

@Aercyhow do you use axis select? what benefits you specifically use that make it primary?

Axis Select got me a lot of joining bonus. ₹2k Amazon voucher on first spend, 1 year Prime membership on spending ₹5k within 1 month of joining, reversal of joining fee of ₹3000 by spending 60k in the first 90 days.

10 EdgeRewards points for every ₹200 spent + 3000 points on annual spending of ₹3L

I’m planning on discarding this at the end of the year (11th month).

10 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

You can replace SBI SimplySave with SimplyClick, 1.25% cashback in form of amazon voucher for online spends (excluding wallet) and 2.5% on amazon.
Will allow you to use SBI Bank offers too. 

If income is greater than 24lpa, then I would advise Diners Club Black- 3.3% value in form of vouchers, 16% on gift vouchers of amazon, flipkart using hdfc smartbuy.

Thanks for the SBI info, will do that.

And no, I’m noway near that earning 😭

11 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

@Aercyhow do you use axis select? what benefits you specifically use that make it primary?

You can replace SBI SimplySave with SimplyClick, 1.25% cashback in form of amazon voucher for online spends (excluding wallet) and 2.5% on amazon.

If income is greater than 24lpa, then I would advise Diners Club Black- 3.3% value in form of vouchers, 16% on gift vouchers of amazon, flipkart using hdfc smartbuy.

Diners is banned though.

12 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Got the card. Digitally delivered, physical to be dispatched. Gonna dump the SimplySave card before the next renewal.

22 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Check this : Link outside forum

I checked this, there is a lot of information there I see most cards have a limit of cashback to 150-200 rs per month. I want to know which one is the most useful, because for example ICICI card gives you payback points with it as well. Is that more valuable than the citi card ? Which advertises to have 71 litres free per year which is a lot more than the rest

I don't have a CC yet.

If I want to have just one CC, which one to go for?

Mainly online spends like Amazon and bill payments and offline regular usage like dining etc. Also a card which provides best conversion for travels will be preferred.

Since Diner's is not coming anytime soon, I don't think it's wise to wait for that LTF offer.

I am getting LTFs from ICICI, Axis and HDFC Regalia and Amazon CC is LTF anyway.

Please suggest which is the best. I am thinking about Regalia because of Intermiles and Smartbuy.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I don't have a CC yet.

Mainly online spends like Amazon and bill payments and offline regular usage like dining etc. Also a card which provides best conversion for travels will be preferred.

Since Diner's is not coming anytime soon, I don't think it's wise to wait for that LTF offer.

I am getting LTFs from ICICI, Axis and HDFC Regalia and Amazon CC is LTF anyway.

Please suggest which is the best. I am thinking about Regalia because of Intermiles and Smartbuy.

HDFC. Overall offline and Online offers keep coming. If you are okay with 2, then just go for the co-branded carda from ICICI and Axis to get 5% unlimited cashback on the respective e-commerce sites. Free cards so no worries 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I don't have a CC yet.

Go for Regalia and then later on upgrade to Infinia. I don't think there is anything better than Infinia. Some amex cards are good but unfortunately they hardly ever offer their good cards LTF. Also, you can use the Smartbuy Hdfc portal to shop on Amazon and FK to get additional 5% cashback or 5x points. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, SuperT said:

Go for Regalia and then later on upgrade to Infinia. I don't think there is anything better than Infinia. Some amex cards are good but unfortunately they hardly ever offer their good cards LTF. Also, you can use the Smartbuy Hdfc portal to shop on Amazon and FK to get additional 5% cashback or 5x points. 

Axis also have GrabDeals portal that does that, sometimes even 10% additional cashback. They started 3 months back.

I saw all the HDFC cards and felt Millennia Card was best suited fir online usage with low annual charges (₹1000 with reversal option), what’s special about Regalia?

On 10/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, SuperT said:

Smartbuy portal has a monthly limit.

But Intermiles is good enough.

Will complete online application for Regalia today, shows LTF to me.

Will consider getting Amazon ICICI card as well, not sure.

Infinia seems a bit too expensive to me for now.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Smartbuy portal has a monthly limit.

But Intermiles is good enough.

Will complete online application for Regalia today, shows LTF to me.

Infinia seems a bit too expensive to me for now.

If you maintain a good balance in your account and keep making frequent transactions on the Regalia card they might upgrade you to the Infinia LTF but it will take some time before they do that. 

1 hour ago, Aercy said:

Axis also have GrabDeals portal that does that, sometimes even 10% additional cashback. They started 3 months back.

I saw all the HDFC cards and felt Millennia Card was best suited fir online usage with low annual charges (₹1000 with reversal option), what’s special about Regalia?

Regalia you can easily get LTF. Or you can spend around 2-3 lakhs in a year and ask them to waive off the fees. Millennia is not bad either but if you travel and dine out/order food online a lot then Regalia is the best. Also, when you redeem the points on the card, Regalia has a much better value Rs.0.50 per point and Rs.0.30 per point for Millennia if I am not mistaken.  

5 hours ago, Aercy said:

Aercy, it is well documented now that Millenia and by extent HDFC is supremely bad at crediting fair reward points. Now i don't use Millenia Credit Card but I do have Millenia Debit Card which has same rewards as Millenia CC (IIRC), and out of 1200 reward points I was supposed to get, I have been only credited 20.

I have been busy for a while but do intend to talk to customer care about this.

Also, Millenia CC had quite useless computations for rewards. 
Sums up the card very well.

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

If you have better rewarding cards like Indus Pinnacle (2.5% Online), BoB Eterna (3% Online) then this is worthless for anything except wallet load (gives 1% but paytm takes 2%) and amazon spends for 5%.

Also, usually this card is excluded from ICICI 10% offers. Even on amazon when ICICI is running sale, you will get 5% discount and 5% cashback. 

Source: Have this and other cards, don't use it much but as LTF good to have nevertheless. 

Edit: Axis ACE has 2% cashback and Axis Flipkart has 1.5% regular cashback.

Edited by OnlyConsultant

On 10/2/2021 at 2:04 AM, hussain said:

Is that more valuable than the citi card ? Which advertises to have 71 litres free per year which is a lot more than the rest

That you have to figure out. If you check any bank marketing material, I would say majority of times it would not apply exactly on you. 

Different points have different value. IIRC SBI points have value of .25, same with IDFC, RBL is .18, YES is also less than .20 INR. Axis has EDGE rewards which have different redemption value than flat cashback of Axis Flipkart or Axis Ace card (where 1pt=1 INR)

26 minutes ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Also, usually this card is excluded from ICICI 10% offers. Even on amazon when ICICI is running sale, you will get 5% discount and 5% cashback. 

ICICI-Amazon card is eligible for 10% discount during the ongoing FK sale like all of the ICICI cards.

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Funny how in every sale, FK gives better discounts on Amz ICICI card than Amazon. :lol:

It's a broken marriage :)

Edited by Aercy

• 4 weeks later...

Which is the best CC for dining and shopping physically? My Amazon ICICI card doesn't give any points on spending anywhere except Amazon, the only other card I have is simply click from SBI.

If I am gonna spend on something like BBQ nation or some store like Trends. Then why not earn some points.

Please suggest. I will apply quickly.

5 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I've been meaning to upgrade my Regalia for a while now.

Is the issue with Diners still not resolved? Also how to get an invite for either Diners or Infinia?

Diners is still banned.

One didn't need an invite for Diners but it is needed for Infinia.

Generally they'll ask you to be an Imperia member i.e. 10L monthly balance or something like that.

You should contact your relationship manager.