Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

3 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Dinner : Some vegetables with fish and rice.b4c5be3d30cd7ce0ab7d0aad497ed683.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

I would love to eat that fish and veggie combo minus the rice. Sadly cooking meat /fish aint allowed in my home. I'd probably get ripped within a month or 2 if I had regular access to cooking Fish and Chicken :fear:

• Sad 1

This one is kache ghost ki biryani.. So marinated chicken and rice is cooked together on dum.

1. Marinate the chicken, use chicken, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, roasted jeera powder, salt to taste, black pepper crushed, mint leaves, coriander leaves, slit green chilli, curd and one lemon juice. Add vegetable oil and Mix well, use extra curd. Leave it to marinate for 8 hrs or overnight.

2. Clean biryani rice or long grain rice through running water to remove all starch, then let it soak for 2 hrs. Make batista by frying onion to golden brown.

3. Boil water and add all khada Masala in a small cloth, green cardamom, black cardamon, javitri, 5 black pepper, 5 cloves, one bay leaf, and put it in water. slit green chilli, lemon juice and oil. Boil for 15 mins, now add rice, remember we just have to cook rice to 75%, best just wait for one boil.

4. Parallely add the marinated chicken to handi and spread it evenly, add garam masala and oil. Add half of the batista.

5. Heat a cup of milk and add kesar, kevra water and rose water.

6. Now as soon you get first boil, put one layer of rice on top of chicken, spread evenly. On top add batista, half cup saffron milk mix and some mint and coriander leaves.

7. Now add the rest of the rice which would have cooked a bit more on top of this, repeat step 6.

8. Sprinkle some garam masala, elaichi powder, and 1 table spoon of each ghee and oil.

9. Add red color (optional)

10. Put the handi on dum for 40 mins that is on lowest possible flame, turn off gals, leave the lid for 30 mins and open and it is ready.

I did not have handi, but had karahi, so I put weight on it so steam is trapped inside, see pic.

50d1919955f175b89b6b36c4bac23b24.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

Oh, yes

The same method except don't use oil, why is oil needed when we are already using ghee ?

Only I always cook mutton Biryani so let the meat cook for 70 minutes without rice.

Then the rest the same.

Maybe once would try to put it all in from the start, a bit risky as meat takes at least 100 minutes to cook - and 100 minute dum could mean anything happening.

48 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Oh, yes

The same method except don't use oil, why is oil needed when we are already using ghee ?

Only I always cook mutton Biryani so let the meat cook for 70 minutes without rice.

Then the rest the same.

Maybe once would try to put it all in from the start, a bit risky as meat takes at least 100 minutes to cook - and 100 minute dum could mean anything happening.

I like to mix oil and ghee, but you can skip oil if you just want to use ghee, just increase the quantity. Also the oil/ghee that goes in marinate is different from the one that you will use in the end. The one sprinkled on top of rice is not much. I also like to add some biryani masala into hot ghee and sprinkle from top gives A very nice aroma, also forgot to add that I sprinkle some elaichi powder on top as well. Biryani is a beautiful dish you can experiment so much. 

You should be fine with mutton, chicken cooks much faster then mutton, so mutton should hold well. 

Edited by AtheK