Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

1 minute ago, VamosReva said:

Nicee! 

Now get ready to hate the game in Biome 3 :devil:

Literally the only hurdle... once you get past B3, you'll get awesome weapons and even enemies feel interesting from B4. 

Yeah played for a bit after Boss 2 and already saw some f**k all enemies in B3, one place 3 of those saints appeared… there is another red flying thing with random attacks.. a bit of learning curve but game is getting deep now.. :devil:

Got done with Ixion.

Attempt 1: Came very close to killing him but couldn't.

Attempt 2: Got a little cocky after the previous attempt and used the shortcut portal which directly takes you to the boss without much preparation. Actually managed to kill him somehow but died at the same time :lol:

Attempt 3: This time I went in probably over-prepared and put him down fairly easily. The Hollowseeker is just <3

I actually went on to reach the boss fight in biome 3 as well in the same run. Wasn't nearly as well-prepared by then and deservedly got my a*s handed to me.

The biome 3 boss fight looks so f**king epic (and difficult) though. It's probably going to take quite a few tries :samui:

Also, it just can't be overstated how good the sound is in this game. It works really well in tandem with the haptics to make for a pretty f**king amazing sensory experience.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

How did you use the L1 power 4 times when you had only 2 of them

I think it's a parasite that gives you 25% chance not to lose a consumable. 

That thing saved me during Biome 3 boss ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Channu said:

I've been away from gaming for a very long time and on PS5 this is the first PS5 exclusive that I'm playing(rather 'trying' to play) Overwhelming it is :nerves:

Looks like I'll follow in Sir  @hussain's footsteps

13 minutes ago, Channu said:

I've been away from gaming for a very long time and on PS5 this is the first PS5 exclusive that I'm playing(rather 'trying' to play) Overwhelming it is :nerves:

Looks like I'll follow in Sir  @hussain's footsteps

Hahaha no shame friend! I reached biome 3 and I was pretty burned out when I realised there’s 6 biomes. Personally it felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again and that I would have to do that again for 3 more levels. 2-3 new enemies and one big boss fight. It’s probably the format though, the rogue like. Would much rather play souls borne 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Dudeee, that long health bar, good prep made the job easy.. 

How did you use the L1 power 4 times when you had only 2 of them.. :wacko:

I had two parasites, one of which greatly increased my max integrity, and the other which gave me a chance to not lose my consumables upon use.

And that's not even the half of it. I had a large silphium vial, I had an astronaut, and I had also activated the reconstructor in that biome. I wasn't f**king around this time after lack of preparation had done me in in the previous attempt. Of course the RNG gods were kind to me as well in the second biome after having f**ked me over quite a bit earlier in that cycle :P

Hope I can replicate a similar run for the third biome :samui:

7 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Of course the RNG gods were kind to me as well in the second biome after having f**ked me over quite a bit earlier in that cycle :P

Hope I can replicate a similar run for the third biome :samui:

Lol Lucky and yeah this happens sometime when you know Yes, this is it.. this is that cycle and if we loose focus there will end up in a room with multiple mini bosses and f**k all up… 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hussain said:

Hahaha no shame friend! I reached biome 3 and I was pretty burned out when I realised there’s 6 biomes. Personally it felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again and that I would have to do that again for 3 more levels. 2-3 new enemies and one big boss fight. It’s probably the format though, the rogue like. Would much rather play souls borne 

I think there is a save after Biome 3

Got done with Nemesis as well. Such a properly epic boss fight!

I don't know how I got through it though. I was feeling quite sleepy at this point and once I saw how absolutely bonkers the third phase was, I thought I was a goner for sure. Good prep work probably carried me through.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

The health regenerating thing, that is an ability right, not a parasite.. 

One of them was a parasite which had a chance of giving a small amount of health upon successful overload. I think I had a couple of artefacts as well which did the same thing but I don't remember what their conditions were.

f**k, A 3.5 hour run and died in Biome 3 :cry:

Prepared so well, did complete Biome 1 and 2, More than 200% Health Bar, 3 Big Vials, Hollowseeker 8,  I should have just gone straight to the Boss, instead went inside the Orange(Star) door in B3 and lost all the Vials, then the Mini Boss the big guy who chains and pulls you rekd badly.. Seems Doable but need good level of Prep before venturing out to B3

26 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Prepared so well, did complete Biome 1 and 2, More than 200% Health Bar, 3 Big Vials, Hollowseeker 8,  I should have just gone straight to the Boss, instead went inside the Orange(Star) door in B3 and lost all the Vials, then the Mini Boss the big guy who chains and pulls you rekd badly.. Seems Doable but need good level of Prep before venturing out to B3

Bhai isse zyada prep kya chaiye? :D.. mere RNG itne acche rehte toh isme puri game khel lena hai maine. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Bhai isse zyada prep kya chaiye? :D.. mere RNG itne acche rehte toh isme puri game khel lena hai maine. 

Lol RNG only rektd me after giving everything.. I was able to visit all Fabricator centers in all 3 Biomes  and buy required stuff, so was well equipped… one more thing to avoid is Malfunctioned mini Bosses that appear inside secret doors.. there is enough time to jump back without engaging them.. if you engage you loose against them so badly.. they are so strong and tough than main bosses.. 

Aaand finished! What a fantastic f**king game! Immensely enjoyable and easily my GOTY so far.

I didn't quite understand the story but I still loved the Lovecraftian themes, which I thought were really well done. The atmosphere in the last biome especially is f**king amazing!

Might go for the platinum as well if it isn't too laborious.

Anyway, here are my stats:

7s6LqTU.jpg

Also, videos of the last two boss fights:

Got both of them in the first attempts :P

And yeah, the difficulty was definitely overhyped. I have played only a few roguelites so far, and this is probably the easiest and the most accessible one. Still an absolutely stellar game!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Aaand finished! What a fantastic f**king game! Immensely enjoyable and easily my GOTY so far.

:panic: :clapping: That was quick man ! Killer stats tooo 

PS: Although no photo mode in the game, Aren't you giving us any of your edits :wacko:

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

PS: Although no photo mode in the game, Aren't you giving us any of your edits :wacko:

Ah, I think I must've taken less than a handful of shots in the game :P

Photo mode would've definitely helped. Not sure if I can get any good shots without it though :\

6 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Ouch! That must've hurt.

And yeah, with all that at your disposal, you should've just skipped the challenge room entirely. I did the same in biome 6. The mini-boss there is actually deadlier than any of the main bosses, and I didn't really fancy the idea of getting locked in a room with him again.

*gets flashes of biome 6 mini-boss*

XQ0xg0a.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

gets flashes of biome 6 mini-boss

This mini boss is so generous... gives one full health vial before facing him. 

And you quickly realize it’s useless :rofl:

• Haha 1