The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_V_COVID-19_vaccine

Slovakia

On 1 March 2021, Slovakia bought 2 million Sputnik V vaccines. Slovakia received the first batch of 200,000 vaccines, and expected to receive another 800,000 doses in March and April. Another 1 million vaccines were set to arrive in May and June.[171]

On 8 April, Slovakia's drug regulator said that the Sputnik V vaccines it received did "not have the same characteristics and properties" as the version endorsed by The Lancet.[172] The Slovak State Institute for Drug Control stated that Sputnik V has not yet been approved for use, as the first 200,000 doses received on the 31st of March were different from the product currently being reviewed by EMEA as well as from the vaccine used in studies published in The Lancet. The producers have failed to reply to requests for documentation, approximately 80% of the data was not supplied even after repeated requests. Due to the inconsistencies, it was not possible to review the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.[173][174]

Slovak Prime Minister Igor Matovič resigned due to scrutiny regarding the order of Sputnik V vaccines.[175] On 6 April 2021 RDIF asked to return the delivered first batch of vaccines due to "multiple contract violations".[173][176]

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Big pharma at work here. When do you think DCGI would approve this?

Also will this work against the new indian variant? 

Ps- the indian variant has not been sequenced properly (yet). 

Edited by radicaldude

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Big pharma at work here. When do you think DCGI would approve this?

Also will this work against the new indian variant? 

Ps- the indian variant has not been sequenced properly (yet). 

As per the available literature, they tested the same product as documented in the Lancet during the Indian trials. Now with Centre giving approval, I don't think it would take long for DCGI to give approval as well. Unless they find some inconsistencies.

Indian variant has not been properly sequenced yet, so that data will take probably couple months more.

Edited by KunjanPSD

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

As per the available literature, they tested the same product as documented in the Lancet during the Indian trials. Now with Centre giving approval, I don't think it would take long for DCGI to give approval as well. Unless they find some inconsistencies.

Indian variant has not been properly yet, so that data will take probably couple months more.

They are testing the same thing, but apparently providing something else. A nerfed version of the Vax. 

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Indian variant has not been properly yet, so that data will take probably couple months more.

Even the sino Vax initially got praised. But now its efficacy against new variants is up for everyone to see. 

Ps- I think all these Vax (covax, sino and Sputnik work on the same principle of attenuated virus strains). 

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

They are testing the same thing, but apparently providing something else. A nerfed version of the Vax. 

I can't say about the imports. 

Technology transfer done at Panacea, so hopefully we'll be able to produce and distribute the correct thing.

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Initially imports 

I wonder how the American big pharma lobby would react to this. 

They will not like this.

BTW, today I learned that due to Pharmacogenetic differences AstraZeneca didn't work in South Africa.

Then why in the hell people (and including many of yous) were asking pfizer to allow distributions without trials?

1 minute ago, Right said:

They will not like this.

BTW, today I learned that due to Pharmacogenetic differences AstraZeneca didn't work in South Africa.

Then why in the hell people (and including many of yous) were asking pfizer to allow distributions without trials?

Apparently russia  is now working on a single shot Sputnik lite Vax. Wtf. 

V about to get obsolete. 

2 minutes ago, Right said:

They will not like this.

I don't know why you are berating the same thing again and again. No one here was asking Pfizer to be sold w/o trials.

We were questioning the Govt's decision to not let Pfizer come in when they asked for guaranteed orders if and only if their Indian trial data produced the same results at their earlier studies, including the new variants.

Apparently russia  is now working on a single shot Sputnik lite Vax. Wtf. 

V about to get obsolete. 

Tech evolves, science evolves.

All the current vaccines will eventually be replaced but that will take months. Each new version will have to go through the same process of local trials and approval.

That doesn't mean the current vaccines are of no use. Get whatever you can get your hands on.

Almost all of the current vaccine manufacturers are working on a top-up booster to handle more variants, you can get those later on.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't know why you are berating the same thing again and again. No one here was asking Pfizer to be sold w/o trials.

We were questioning the Govt's decision to not let Pfizer come in when they asked for guaranteed orders if and only if their Indian trial data produced the same results at their earlier studies, including the new variants.

What, really? 

I can go back few pages and quote, where someone said it Indians including his relatives who are living abroad have taken it, then we should allow it too.

And "what could happen?"

Anyway,  we don't know all the negotiations verbatim which took place between pfizer and GoI.

Iski katne wali hai ab. Batmobile bechni pad sakti hai 

SII will soon shift towards production of Novavax. He just needs to get through his obligations.

People make fun of him but if he didn't bet on Covidshield early and didn't mass produce it before hand, we would have been toast.