The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

19 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Question: On Cowin, it's specifically written where Covidshield is being provided while on most of the centres no such disclaimer is written for either vaccine, so I assume that all of these places are distributing Covaxin?

Screenshot-20210502-162328-2.png

Screenshot-20210502-162336-2.png

Like all of the unlabelled centres are Covaxin?

No. That's not the case. It can be either.

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Only in the case of State/Private driven vaccination drive will it be mentioned the vial being used 

so most of the 45+ drives won’t mention it by default 

but it could be either as you don’t have the right to choose in the National drive 

4 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No. That's not the case. It can be either.

Problem is that my friends are trying to book 2nd dose for their parents who took SII (some of these are already 8 weeks through) and the centre where they got their 1st dose isn't available. So they aren't sure which to pick, I mean I am not trusting cowin to be robust enough to show only those centres which have the same vaccine as the 1st dose.

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s better to contact the centre you choose before going there to know which vaccine is being used 

they will tell you 

Even if you end up on the wrong facility 

they will just not administer the different vaccine once looking at your old record 

I have recommended my friends to wait out for the full 12 weeks but they don't wanna wait.

And calling would work if they pick up the phone, lol.

Obviously, they won't administer a different vaccine, just don't want to waste a trip out of home especially with the give conditions.

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

So did antibody tests today. Sister got it positive. Mine negative. Waiting for parent's reports. My doctor isn't responding, but can anyone tell 62.63 number in antibody test is good enough number? @Bird Bird Bird or @hsk_colossus? Mine is 0.074 :lol:. Dad's number is 21.34. it's ELISA test.

I'm not entirely sure on the value of those titres. I believe they are dilution numbers, but I haven't read much into them. 

< 1 and > 1 basically say non reactive or reactive (i.e. Ab detected or not). 

Common sense says if titres are high, your infection is recent, and your protection MIGHT be high. 

Even if titres are low, your memory cells should remember the virus (unless it has mutated to a variant undetectable), and produce antibodies quickly. 

Again, AFAIK, we don't know how long the memory or IGGs last. Hasn't been studied much. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Right said:

I am missing reference. Modi said something on this line...?

Nepali - Indian diplomatic ties are often refrenced by this term much before modi came to power like how pakis say "higher than Himalayas, sweeter than honey for their" for their relationship with china. 

Roti, beti ka rishta is because lots of nepali and indians go to work across the borders and marriages also take place between families crossing the border in the bihar/nepal region. Also even historically, sita maa is supposed to come from Janakpuri in Nepal. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Videos from Bengal and Tamil Nadu are horrible. Tens of thousands of people on street celebrating respective party victories. f**king morons ! 

Cases waiting to explode. 

@Right We haven't peaked yet. These states are just starting. 

Such people made india a terrible place to live. No wonder Australia putting their own citizens in jail if they returning from India. Reputation is fuked badly lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

14 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Such people made india a terrible place to live. No wonder Australia putting their own citizens in jail if they returning from India lol

that is because of some idiots man.

this guy who is Indian Australian, infected the entire flight he flew in Australia to and many people in Perth.

Just now, Right said:

that is because of some idiots man.

this guy who is Indian Australian, infected the entire flight he flew in Australia to and many people in Perth.

Yup and coz of him Australian citizens and PRs stuck in this hell hole that is India. 

17 minutes ago, Right said:

Case that sparked Perth lockdown 'flew to India for his own wedding'

Oh bhaisahab.... isne apni biwi ke saath pure sheher ki C**d di. :rofl:

• Haha 3

My friend's aunt is being discharged from hospital right now because oxygen isn't available. Fortunately, he has an oxygen concentrator.

Ground level reality is much different than any of these political parties are communicating.

1 minute ago, Right said:

Chattisgarh and some smaller states are yet to come, but drop is quite clear and it’s not Monday.

Correct. Lockdown working, at least in Maharashtra.