Rise of the Ronin

Heaven Angel

4 hours ago, AnK said:

Something really weird this time is that the reviewers really praise the game & don’t have any really valid point to say why it’s a 7 game.

Like it has too much loot or has too much scattered side activities but the base game has really good gameplay & presentation.

Quite weird to go through the reviews….as if they want to give a notch higher but still don’t.

I think its directly being compared with Ghost of Tsushima

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Anyone playing this?

Is it more like GoT or Wo Long ?

I am, it’s only aesthetically similar to GOT, not combat.  have not played Wo Long 

20 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I am, it’s only aesthetically similar to GOT, not combat.  have not played Wo Long 

Great

I'm still not done with FF7 Rebirth. I'll be hoping on this asap. 

On 3/24/2024 at 10:48 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Anyone playing this?

Is it more like GoT or Wo Long ?

Okay so started this yesterday and right off the bat the combat rocks! It's wonderful. The satisfaction level you get from perfect parry, weakening enemy bosses, doing those amazing moves in combat is super fun. 

There is steep learning curve depending on the difficulty you're playing but once you learn them it's hard to put down the controller. 

Graphically, it looks like a PS3 game, but the combat/animations is so fast and the traversal is swift too. In some region it looks good but most of the time the graphics are underwhelming. I don't mind much as the key focus is gameplay here. 

Graphically it's more like Wo long but in combat it's like GOT but in depth. I can't say about the story just yet.

My characters 

GJxp4wAakAA_wIY?format=jpg&name=large

GJxp4wTakAAKvpT?format=jpg&name=large

@RV1709 How much have you played. I'm 7 hours in and done several world missions and main ones. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Okay so started this yesterday and right off the bat the combat rocks! It's wonderful. The satisfaction level you get from perfect parry, weakening enemy bosses, doing those amazing moves in combat is super fun. 

There is steep learning curve depending on the difficulty you're playing but once you learn them it's hard to put down the controller. 

Graphically, it looks like a PS3 game, but the combat/animations is so fast and the traversal is swift too. In some region it looks good but most of the time the graphics are underwhelming. I don't mind much as the key focus is gameplay here. 

Graphically it's more like Wo long but in combat it's like GOT but in depth. I can't say about the story just yet.

My characters 

GJxp4wAakAA_wIY?format=jpg&name=large

GJxp4wTakAAKvpT?format=jpg&name=large

@RV1709 How much have you played. I'm 7 hours in and done several world missions and main ones. 

I’ve just played the first hour - in between moving cities 😷

• Sad 1

This game is really good, once you get hold of the combat and traversal then you'd like to keep playing and come back for more. I usually get burned out after a long gaming session but somehow not getting it with this one. 

I'm exploring everything. Even if it's searching for cats! 

• Like 1

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Rise of the Ronin

Aaand.. Finished (took me around 54 hours)

While Rise of the Ronin suffers from outdated and unattractive graphics, the story and gameplay more than make up for it with a wealth of varied and interesting content available paired with good storytelling that keeps players engaged and wanting to know more. The music and VO is a miss, although the game's responsiveness is quick and easy to understand. 

The combat comes no-where near Sekiro but it's certainly better than GOT. 

There's no cheezy boss fights in this game, everything is skill based. You can do the exact same moves as a boss, it feels badass many times. 

I felt Team Ninja could've skipped the open world entirely and have gone with the linear or maybe a semi open world. 

Overall I enjoyed this game. 

GLD719Va8AAqob4?format=jpg&name=large

GLD719haEAAG325?format=jpg&name=large

GLD719waYAEebw2?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Takeda said:

Surprised no pony posted Metacritic score for this game. I wonder why :lol:

Dayone bola tha maine. Game looks medioce and its nothing more than poor man's Ghost of Tsushima :P

You just said performance over graphics, don't be Zodka, Takeda.. This game runs on 60 fps smoothly. 

Meta is 76 but user is 8.6. 

13 hours ago, Takeda said:

Surprised no pony posted Metacritic score for this game. I wonder why :lol:

Dayone bola tha maine. Game looks medioce and its nothing more than poor man's Ghost of Tsushima :P

Our expectations are high thus no interest from Sony fans for this one as it always looked generic.

We don't fap over sea of thieves or psychonauts like you :)