The Lego, Blocks, Bricks and Knock-offs Thread

Bird Bird Bird

8 hours ago, DinJo said:

Any recommendations on lego set for 3.9 year girl dint want anything expensive 

Get Duplo (1+) or Friends series (3+)

LEGO Marvel Spider-Man's Car and Doc Ock 10789 Building Toy Set (48 Pieces) https://amzn.eu/d/fYcj5KZ

LEGO ǀ Disney Mickey and Friends – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s Camping Trip 10777 https://amzn.eu/d/csvlojX

LEGO Friends Doughnut Shop 41723 Building Toy Set (63 Pieces) https://amzn.eu/d/gx1ytmF

LEGO Classic Creative Monsters 11017 Building Kit with 5 Toys for Kids (140 Pieces) https://amzn.eu/d/4M4rB0y

LEGO ǀ Disney Twirling Rapunzel 43214 Building Toy Set (89 Pieces) https://amzn.eu/d/bc2diWt

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, DinJo said:

Damn these are such tiny pieces looks like I have to wait for few years as she would turn 4 next year 

Duplo is not tiny. It's for 1.5+

My 5 year old made this for her just turned 3 sister :clapping:

PTs2j5S.jpg

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Kids afternoon project ! :wub:

Qls7MKx.jpg

e9oT6Sb.jpg

MDu1eaW.jpg

SMsID4f.jpg

GcppoA9.jpg

7OQrOTR.jpg

n9ZUcf2.jpg

7l10RQS.jpg

ze58LVf.jpg

vVc34Qh.jpg

Nice and cute.

Just curious, What do you do when you complete a set? Use it for display or dismantle and build again sometime later

Question is for those adult Lego builds

8 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Nice and cute.

Just curious, What do you do when you complete a set? Use it for display or dismantle and build again sometime later

Question is for those adult Lego builds

It really depends on what line you are buying (personally I believe AFOL is marketing only, you can enjoy other series as long as you enjoy the build):

Nintendo and Technic range - extremely playable. Nintendo has expansions for courses, characters, activities, QR Codes etc. Technic has some of the craziest playable sets (and most cannot be built by kids - making them adult oriented) - you can control them from a phone app, with things like 4WD, dual batteries etc. Super fun IMO ! The new Audi QTron is a great example. That thing can off road like a PRO !

Speed Champions, Creator 3 in 1, DC, Star Wars, Avatar and other themed sets - cars, bikes etc have the usual playability. There are some roller coaster or stunt sets or ferris wheels which offer decent playabilty as well. Rest all are up to imagination (specially DC, Marvel, SW etc.). Creator 3 in 1 go beyond usual playability since you can build more than 1 set by dismantling and rebuilding. 

Icon, Creator Expert, Art etc - Limited playability (except a few like Piano, typewriter, Pac Man etc). Mostly for display, and tbh they look awesome on display. Highly detailed, and the real fun is the build process. 

I haven't dismantled any set so far - and the likelihood is limited unless I am moving places. Right now looking at display options since most shelves are occupied. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It really depends on what line you are buying (personally I believe AFOL is marketing only, you can enjoy other series as long as you enjoy the build):

Nintendo and Technic range - extremely playable. Nintendo has expansions for courses, characters, activities, QR Codes etc. Technic has some of the craziest playable sets (and most cannot be built by kids - making them adult oriented) - you can control them from a phone app, with things like 4WD, dual batteries etc. Super fun IMO ! The new Audi QTron is a great example. That thing can off road like a PRO !

Speed Champions, Creator 3 in 1, DC, Star Wars, Avatar and other themed sets - cars, bikes etc have the usual playability. There are some roller coaster or stunt sets or ferris wheels which offer decent playabilty as well. Rest all are up to imagination (specially DC, Marvel, SW etc.). Creator 3 in 1 go beyond usual playability since you can build more than 1 set by dismantling and rebuilding. 

Icon, Creator Expert, Art etc - Limited playability (except a few like Piano, typewriter, Pac Man etc). Mostly for display, and tbh they look awesome on display. Highly detailed, and the real fun is the build process. 

I haven't dismantled any set so far - and the likelihood is limited unless I am moving places. Right now looking at display options since most shelves are occupied. 

Thank you. That's good information for me. Haven't purchased any before but will be getting a set or two sourced from us(low cost creator 3 in 1 or something generic). Was Tempted to get the tall neck or van gough art piece(on sale) but seemed too much at this point cost wise.

Also first time I learnt from your response that some of the technic can also be driven. Will explore them.

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Thank you. That's good information for me. Haven't purchased any before but will be getting a set or two sourced from us(low cost creator 3 in 1 or something generic). Was Tempted to get the tall neck or van gough art piece(on sale) but seemed too much at this point cost wise.

Also first time I learnt from your response that some of the technic can also be driven. Will explore them.

i love Tallneck Lego set, but it’s a display piece. Very well done though. 

Check this technic 

• Like 1

Sunday evening spent with Nanoblocks (swear I’m never buying these again). Blocks, as the name suggests, as so small that the company sells forceps for assembly. :lol:

Space Invaders cabinet

01pemN0.jpg

rxHWaWY.jpg

Cool stickers but shitty glue

sZpWOOX.jpg

Jj1WroV.jpg

T4H4aLd.jpg

Kirby Dreamland. 400 nanoblocks are a form of torture ! 

olKILqc.jpg

ivHZKfp.jpg

H1XWJNh.jpg

7KwJaY0.jpg

DdSEd03.jpg

uznpI26.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Root said:

Anyone knows how I can pull or remove these? While hanging it I realized its hanger is up side down. @Bird Bird Bird

3PbLZoT.jpg

Try opening with your fingernails (after dismantling the assembly), else the only option is a brick separator. 
I bought from Amazon a few months ago, but don’t see it on sale now. If you’re in the Lego group, can ask if someone has extra. 

Edit: This looks like the Starry Night. I think the set comes with an orange brick separator ?

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

On 9/11/2023 at 9:15 AM, Pacifier said:

First ever build. Thought it would be taller.

Dr1BeaL.jpeg

Great first build. Absolutely love this creator design tbh. Extremely possible. The alternate builds are also very nice. 

On 9/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, Root said:

Jg25Bpf.jpg

Looks very good as a wall art 

Missed this post. Looks epic. Waiting for this to go on sale. The 3D look is really exciting. I read it gets heavy after building the whole design - have you hung on a wall or kept on a display shelf ?

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Try opening with your fingernails (after dismantling the assembly), else the only option is a brick separator. 
I bought from Amazon a few months ago, but don’t see it on sale now. If you’re in the Lego group, can ask if someone has extra. 

Edit: This looks like the Starry Night. I think the set comes with an orange brick separator ?

I am not part of lego group, can you add me? Oh man I did not even know about lego separator I was using stainless steel spoon to remove. 

It is too tight for finger to fit in and I want to dissemble. 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Missed this post. Looks epic. Waiting for this to go on sale. The 3D look is really exciting. I read it gets heavy after building the whole design - have you hung on a wall or kept on a display shelf ?

It is quite heavy has multiple layers of lego. I wanted to hang it but I inserted the hanger upside down thats why need to remove it

1 hour ago, Root said:

I am not part of lego group, can you add me? Oh man I did not even know about lego separator I was using stainless steel spoon to remove. 

It is too tight for finger to fit in and I want to dissemble. 

It is quite heavy has multiple layers of lego. I wanted to hang it but I inserted the hanger upside down thats why need to remove it

Did you find the separator in the pack ? 
DM me your number - will ask the admin to add on WhatsApp. 

1 hour ago, fatpigeon said:

made the lego tie interceptor from star wars, what a monster (set no 75348 if anyone wants to buy it)

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-16_at_6.20.46_PM.

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-16_at_6.24.54_PM.

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-16_at_6.20.46_PM_

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-16_at_6.20.48_PM.

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-16_at_6.20.47_PM.

F for…. fabulous ! Looks super cool. Finally a SW set which doesn’t suck. :blush:

Did the Bunny Carrot Home Limited Ed. Super fun to build. 

O8w1QZX.jpg

ga3AWE2.jpg

DNhYjtS.jpg

IU345K9.jpg

kGw6vee.jpg

9iHG7Mj.jpg

94Hi3Kt.jpg

Wjr7R07.jpg

S0u5LkK.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...