Sunset Overdrive

meaNmachine

Title: Sunset Overdrive

Developer: Insomniac games

Release date: October 28 2014

Platform: Xbox One

sunset-overdrive-box-art.jpg

SUMMARY:

2027. Sunset City. A contaminated energy drink has transformed most of the population into a multitude of toxic mutants. For many it's the end of the world, but for you it’s a dream come true. Your old boss? Dead. Your boring job? Gone. Transform the open-world into your tactical playground by grinding, vaulting and wall-running across the city while using a devastating, unconventional arsenal. With hyper-agility, unique weapons, and customizable special abilities, “Sunset Overdrive” rewrites the rules of traditional shooters and delivers an explosive, irreverent, stylish, and totally unique adventure exclusively to Xbox One.

FEATURES:

• As you progress through the epic campaign, you’ll encounter numerous plot twists and surprises, and work to unite a diverse group of survivor factions in your quest to save Sunset City and reveal Fizzco’s sadistic cover-up scheme.
  • Set in a sprawling, colorful city teeming with crazed enemies and powerful, unconventional weapons, “Sunset Overdrive” turns the apocalypse into your own playground of carnage and mutant destruction. Filled to the brim with Insomniac Games’ trademark humor and satire, “Sunset Overdrive” is a rebellious game that breaks the rules and flips modern conventions of post-apocalyptic shooters on their head.
  • “Sunset Overdrive” immerses you in a pulse-pounding, frenetic action experience unlike any other. With a vast arsenal of devastating weapons and insane parkour moves, you can jump, wall-run, grind, zipline and vault across the entire environment to build up your Style Meter and gain a tactical advantage on your enemies.
  • New events and content will be introduced into the game at regular intervals post-launch, and players will have the opportunity to determine items they can earn permanently in subsequent updates.3 Sunset TV, a weekly show that streams inside of Sunset City, will also bring the voice of the developer into the game on a continuous basis, and player feedback will shape the long-term evolution of Sunset City.

GAMEPLAY:

SCREENSHOTS:

sunset-overdrive-e3-amusement-jpgjpg-6e4

sunset-overdrive-e3-propain-launcher-jpg

sunset-overdrive-e3-rollercoaster-1-jpgj

sunset-overdrive-wondertown-environment-

Edited by meaNmachine

• 5 months later...
Sunset Overdrive from Insomniac will be released in 2014

Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive from Insomniac will be released in 2014. The date was noted in Microsoft’s Xbox One worldwide launch post on Xbox Wire. Here’s the blurb: “Expect more huge launches as well, with the release of next-generation experiences, such as Titanfall, Project Spark and Sunset Overdrive in 2014.” Granted, it has been assumed to be a 2014 release since its announcement, but an official release window has never been provided. Thanks, VideoGamer.

Src:vg247

• 5 months later...

f**k . I bought ps4 thinking insomniac would bring something new . & they do it with xbox. Wow man . Just waooow ! As if resistance din't get any appreciation . Why not both the platforms :/

Also I'd like to see a link where it's said that Insomniac have the IP rights

Sunset is owned by Insomniac by not MS just like Alan Wake and Quantum break are owned by Remedy not MS....

From Reddit -

I have EDGE: Sunset Overdrive looks AMAZING

I've read it... have to say, as an Xbox owner since the very first UK beta test of Xbox Live... I have never been so stoked for a game from the first preview. You really need to buy this magazine and read the whole thing. Thank you to the team at Insomniac for the years of fun I've had on the Ratchet Series, for the awesome Resistance 3 (seriously, just play it) and for making this game - it has eclipsed Halo as my most wanted Xbox One game... and I don't say that lightly!

Thanks also to the good citizens of Mr X for slating me when I took time out of my day to do this for fellow Xbox One fans (and you were happy to post my pics) - stay classy over there guys. For the record, I think he writes all that "insider" stuff himself... would be great to be wrong about that though, huh? :P

• Insomniac didn't think they nailed the first pitch meeting.

• Their Burbank Studio is working on it

• "an open-world superhuman adventure"

• Plot is as per the NKTRNL leaks. (halo 2 here we come... whoop).

• "A crackdown degree of verticality"

• Grind rails from ratchet and clank are IN.

• Press X to begin grind or wall run, press A on 'launcher' to head skywards.

• Street level is 'easy tier' - more challenges and stuff to do the more you make use of the city

• Every character is 40,000 triangles

• You can use 'amps' on weapons and sentry guns to change their ammo and effects.

• Thermonuclear rounds, ice ammo and 'firework launcher' all mentioned.

• The lighting in some of the screens is ridiculous - multiple coloured lights at night.

• Accumulating 'style' activates your Amps.

• And i quote "[a] rush of sheer locomotive freedom"

• Overt rewards for playing fast and aggressive.

• No mention of resolution or frame rate... but it looks pretty HAWT to me.

• Fizzie is armed to the teeth - lol!

• The game's look will not be changed like Fuse was... MS is letting them make the game they want to make.

• Microsoft "We want insomniac to be insomniac"

• "Feels like a dreamcast game dragged 14 years into the future"

• Insomniac: "WE ARE LOOKING AT SUNSET OVERDRIVE AS THE FIRST IN A SERIES"

• The concept came from a lunch time conversation "If you could make any game, what would you want to make?" Sunset Overdrive is the answer to that question.

• Loads more in the article... don't want to post it all as I really think you should buy a copy.

Sunset Overdrive mixes platforming and shooting throughout, and places equal weight on both skills

The hero can ride the city's spiderweb of telephone cables, from above or below, with a quick tap of X.

"We wanted to take the shooter genre away from cowering behind cover. You'll be rewarded for jumping over that cover and taking the fight to the enemy"

And its this that makes Sunset Overdrive feel new. If a trend is emerging at all from the new console generation, it's that wall running is the new cover, and attack is the new defence. We've spent the best part of a decade lurking behind bullet-chipped masonry. For Insomniac, it's time to come out into the sun.

"We've never made guns this powerful before"

As you run, grind and leap, your auto-aim becomes more generous and your Style Meter grows with every kill you score.

Amps can be crafted from Overcharge and applied to one of your three character 'Amp' slots, or to your gun's single slot, which activate insane superpowers as you push your Style Meter higher.

"In the early days, we were actually talking about the book version of 'I Am Legend'. He has free reign of the city, but at night has to hunker down and defend."

The world transforms at night, along with the way the game plays. The 'zombies are more dangerous at night' gimmick is old, but Sunset Overdrive promises to offer new ways to deal with the after-hours onslaught, whether alone or playing with friends.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/250ufm/i_have_edge_sunset_overdrive_looks_amazing/