Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Cricket Thread

* * * * - 7 votes

• Please log in to reply
37466 replies to this topic

silentassassin

silentassassin

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts
  • PSN ID:SilentAsssasssin

at least i stick to my opinions unlike others who when xyz player does badly curse the hell out of him & then when he happens to do well say "lol at xyz's haters"/"xyz making people eat crow" after 1 performance in 50 matches.  :roflroll:

He may have sucked in 50 tests..

but today he bowled amazingly well..

give credit where its due...

Edited by silentassassin, 21 July 2014 - 11:25 PM.

ivg_zpsaa1c1ee8.png

Please download our game : Android

Chewie

Chewie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
for eg ppl were criticism binny for that shot in 2nd inngs but he tried to do the same thing that jadeja did ie counterattack. only difference between the 2 was that binny was unlucky & got out while srj was lucky & cld carry on. remember that second or 3rd shot of his that went in the air, imagine if that had been caught?

i actually think they were right tactics by both as with new ball due it was better to hit out & get some quick runs & put eng bowlers on back foot rather than just stick around which wouldnt have moved the game forward. i think few tactical mistakes were made on day 3/4 -
- SRJ should've been sent ahead of dhoni with full freedom to attack. Ball was some 40 overs old, bowlers were tired if he'd made even a quick only 30,40 their heads would've fallen
- Even if dhoni came out he should've played aggressively 
- Bhuvi should've been sent ahead of binny

good posts mate:

But that doesn't change away the fact, your title is going to change soon.  :P

:samui:

ohh i'm so scared i'm going to hole out in the deep to your chushant like short delivery

:harhar:

He may have sucked in 50 tests..

but today he bowled amazingly well..

give credit where its due...

absolutely do. he bowled well. his 1st 3 wickets were very good (last 3 were due to poor batting but whateva.. he's due some luck i guess)

but i wont be turning 180 degrees & "lolling at chushant haters"  :lol:

"I am the danger.... I am the one who knocks!"

harsh1387

harsh1387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Excellent article.

http://www.espncrici...ory/762587.html

Chewie

Chewie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

on another note i watched joburg & wellington tests live & we didnt manage to win despite great positions. here i missed last session (which i greatly regret) & we did. so might have to stop watching live..  :unsure:

"I am the danger.... I am the one who knocks!"

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • PSN ID:a_raf
I am with chewie. It was more of a England batsman throwing away their wickets than him bowling well. Not that I am taking away the credit. He deserved it, no doubt but it is one of those days. Those rare days.

BK on the other hand is pure class. I have always said in this very thread that this guy has got some real talent.
  • Chewie likes this

silentassassin

silentassassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

http://www.starsport...old-dada-dravid

The commentary in the series so far has been epic :lol:

• kold_war likes this

ivg_zpsaa1c1ee8.png

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
BC bas ye dono out ho jaye, match apne haath me.

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
So, I just checked the schedule for SA and their is a tri-series coming up between RSA, Australia and guess which team? Zimbabwe :rofl:

AtheK

AtheK

RESIDENT KRATOS, CHUTNEY VOYEUR AND SPOILSPORT

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,026 posts
  • XBL GT:Athek Is Here
  • PSN ID:AtheK_
  • Steam:athek

BC bas ye dono out ho jaye, match apne haath me.

Tu kab se south African ban gaya, or is it the football thread effect :rofl:

ChillaX

sach4life

sach4life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • PSN ID:iamainnocentkid
  • Steam:sach4life
:lol:

fs_overall.png

Gaming pc - i5 4670, msi twin frozer r9 280x, 8gb ram, d3h b85, corsair carbide 400r, seasonic sii2 520w

Also owns Ps3 super slim, Ps vita and Nintendo 3ds xl

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
Well, the one team you support. You do say “Our/we" etc :P

And Mahela :(

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,773 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman
Let that our, we stupidity remain in Football thread. In case of IPL at least it is your current city or your home town so its fine. In Football topic it sounds lolworthy and extremely lame.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
Well that is just your thinking. There is always a reason for supporting a team. Players are mostly that reason. Kolkata is by no means related to me and yet I support it.

As for SA, I don't think I have to mention de Villiers. The best batsman in all three format of the game. He is enough reason to support a team. Then there is Duminy, probably the most under-rated batsman of current times. Then there is du Plesis and Amla. Two of the most consistent batsmen in the world. On the bowling side, there is Steyn, a killer who is well supported by Morkel. The whole team play as team, as a unit. Its such an amazing team to watch. They are currently the best side in the world.

harsh1387

harsh1387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
My respect of SA have gone down after the ball tampering issues. If that's how you go on top then I am glad India isn't on top

Also no matter how many good players they have they could never win a world cup. Chokers tag is well deserved.
Personally I am a big fan of Steyn and AB.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,773 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman

Well that is just your thinking. There is always a reason for supporting a team. Players are mostly that reason. Kolkata is by no means related to me and yet I support it.

As for SA, I don't think I have to mention de Villiers. The best batsman in all three format of the game. He is enough reason to support a team. Then there is Duminy, probably the most under-rated batsman of current times. Then there is du Plesis and Amla. Two of the most consistent batsmen in the world. On the bowling side, there is Steyn, a killer who is well supported by Morkel. The whole team play as team, as a unit. Its such an amazing team to watch. They are currently the best side in the world.

Yeah. Together they do ball tampering, and still can't win a single knock out match in WCs. Such team, much great, WOW.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
I see jealousy so much :lol:

Keep trying.

About ball tampering, ok Philander did it in the first innings but what about the second innings where they bowled even better? It was done by one player. Its not that someone told him to do it or the whole team was involved. Thats like saying India fixes all its matches because Srisanth was caught fixing.

And India is the only country who don't like to play with DRS? And you are talking about playing fair? The idiotic thing is, they themselves are victims of this and yet they keep on insisting of not playing with it.

harsh1387

harsh1387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

I see jealousy so much :lol:

Keep trying.

About ball tampering, ok Philander did it in the first innings but what about the second innings where they bowled even better? It was done by one player. Its not that someone told him to do it or the whole team was involved. Thats like saying India fixes all its matches because Srisanth was caught fixing.

And India is the only country who don't like to play with DRS? And you are talking about playing fair? The idiotic thing is, they themselves are victims of this and yet they keep on insisting of not playing with it.

Really. Jealous of what? The 3 world cup trophies we have and SA none?

So ball tampering in your book is OK?
First of all Sreesanth didn't fixed matches for India. IPL is not international cricket. Secondly, do you wanna say the captain and other bowlers who were also handling the ball didn't knew about the ball tampering? Are you so naive?

Have you taken time out and read why India opposed DRS? Do you even know India isn't against DRS but the contention is the technology used isn't 100% so the decision can't be absolutely correct all the time. Have you read recent comments of so many experts and umpires who have supported India's stance of not accepting DRS in its present form.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  • Big Boss likes this

KyoyaHibari

KyoyaHibari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
^No he did not :P

Jayavwardene :panic: SA vs SL match is a lot more interesting than Ind vs England match

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
What the? Bhai kal se hi match dekhna start kiya hai. I have no knowledge of cricket! And when did I say ball tampering is ok?

From the very small knowledge of cricket, I know how the DRS controversy began and why is it not followed by bcci. But I guess no point in arguing.

The mentality is fixed, if Sachin is not your favourite cricketer, you are traitor to this country or as they say Deshdrohi (people don't even before saying that) and if by mistake you support any other team than India while also supporting India. You should leave the country ASAP because you know we like to hate other teams more than loving our team.

So far in this very thread, I have seen bashing every single country. Aussies are proud, bullies, RSA don't play fair, England is Gora and India needs revenge, Sri Lanka is Ravan's lanka, Bangladeshi's are sentimental, Pakistan is well... pakistan. West Indies are bunch of jumping idiots. And one thing is common that they are all losers. I don't think any country is left to bash. So obviously when someone likes a team (not country), let me say this again TEAM (not the freakin country) people do get offended and bash him with the lame comments like this.

You can't really have a sensible discussion if someone have this kind of mentality.

KyoyaHibari

KyoyaHibari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
Hmm 305/5 at the EOD 1. Jaya 140*.

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts

Jaya is just showing his class on a wrong day :(

AtheK

AtheK

RESIDENT KRATOS, CHUTNEY VOYEUR AND SPOILSPORT

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,026 posts
  • XBL GT:Athek Is Here
  • PSN ID:AtheK_
  • Steam:athek

Uski last series hai maze lene de usko :P

ChillaX

harsh1387

harsh1387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

What the? Bhai kal se hi match dekhna start kiya hai. I have no knowledge of cricket! And when did I say ball tampering is ok?

From the very small knowledge of cricket, I know how the DRS controversy began and why is it not followed by bcci. But I guess no point in arguing.

The mentality is fixed, if Sachin is not your favourite cricketer, you are traitor to this country or as they say Deshdrohi (people don't even before saying that) and if by mistake you support any other team than India while also supporting India. You should leave the country ASAP because you know we like to hate other teams more than loving our team.

So far in this very thread, I have seen bashing every single country. Aussies are proud, bullies, RSA don't play fair, England is Gora and India needs revenge, Sri Lanka is Ravan's lanka, Bangladeshi's are sentimental, Pakistan is well... pakistan. West Indies are bunch of jumping idiots. And one thing is common that they are all losers. I don't think any country is left to bash. So obviously when someone likes a team (not country), let me say this again TEAM (not the freakin country) people do get offended and bash him with the lame comments like this.

You can't really have a sensible discussion if someone have this kind of mentality.

I think you still do not know the DRS controversy completely. Plz read about it and you will see why bcci is rigid on it. I am not supporting bcci. I like DRS and don't mind it being implemented in present form itself but then from bcci point of view they are also right.

And who said Sachin is be all in India. Yes, he is most popular but Dada, dravid and VVS are equally loved and appreciated by many people including ME. You are just stating baseless facts and sounding more like a Shivsena activist.

What country bashing? Aren't aussies bullies? Isn't SA traditional chokers? Don't England players crib like a child?
It's opinions and they are free to give by all. Don't other countries say stuff about India? We are Indians so we will support India. You need to check this thread and posts. When India plays well they are applauded and when not they are cursed in the same way. No one is stopping you from supporting SA.

What lame comments? Just cos you can't refute them doesn't make them lame. If you want a sensible discussion present some sensible facts first.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  • Big Boss likes this

KyoyaHibari

KyoyaHibari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Its the best time, if he didn't score after 3rd wicket they wouldn't be able to score much.

And he is retiring also :P should retire with a bang

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts

Its the best time, if he didn't score after 3rd wicket they wouldn't be able to score much.

And he is retiring also :P should retire with a bang

No, he will play against pakistan too. I want him to score good against pakistanis :devil:

silentassassin

silentassassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

I think SL will win this test..They have recovered well and have scored fairly quickly..

Tahir has been useless...

He'll play against pakis

ivg_zpsaa1c1ee8.png

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts

Even Duminy is bowling better than Tahir, Tahir may have good record in ODIs but he is proving to be ineffective and costly at the same time which is unacceptable. Its high time RSA look for a good test spin bowler. But then again, its SA, quality spin bowling is an area they always lacked behind.

Philander is awful too and he was tampering the ball also. They should've given Parnell a go. In fact, Philander should've been banned for this match. It could prove to be blessing in disguise but no more match after and poor Parnell had to sit out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users