The Android Thread

pArth

c5cdac.jpg

So what am I doing wrong? The battery barely lasts and the phone is in light use, like really light.

Low brightness, auto locktime to 30 sec, try something like 'Juice Defender' from market..

If ur phone gets hot abnormally, some app is messing up ur battery life..

Btw average battery life is 2 days with normal usage for most androids.

Edited by Mizanurification

The brightness is medium, can't work with low brightness. The phone does not get hot abnormally, b/g syncing is off. 2 days of moderate usage is not possible on today's smartphones, not even the iPhone unless by moderate you mean no usage.

My wife and sis own Motorola Defy and they get 2 days easy if not more..Wife's usage on apps/browsing etc is low but she does lot of calls and sis is an avg smartphone user with wi-fi and exchange syncing always on interspersed with some browsing, bit of light puzzle gaming, music/youtube/fb, few calls etc. I think their phones go to the red zone at the f** end of 2nd day...

My wife and sis own Motorola Defy and they get 2 days easy if not more..Wife's usage on apps/browsing etc is low but she does lot of calls and sis is an avg smartphone user with wi-fi and exchange syncing always on interspersed with some browsing, bit of light puzzle gaming, music/youtube/fb, few calls etc. I think their phones go to the red zone at the f** end of 2nd day...

Does it make a diff to the battery usage if we keep it on 3G instead of wifi ?

Hmm..how do I get my phone to last longer? The current date is depressing..

Why do you have wi-fi switched on for so long? It's taking like a 20% hit.. Have you configured the sleep policy to turn wi-fi off when screen is off?

Does it make a diff to the battery usage if we keep it on 3G instead of wifi ?

It'll but it depends a lot on the 3G chips/circuitry used in your phone and the network conditions. So, you'd need to figure it out by trial and error.

^^ wow, have u turned off the data usage completely ? Even with 3G off, I get max 24 hours....by night time its 20% or less. I tried all the optimizations , maybe something is screwed up with battery itself. Have a spare battery, will try with that.

Also, I've NFC enabled, but how to use it ? Do I swipe it like a CC at stores ?

^^ wow, have u turned off the data usage completely ? Even with 3G off, I get max 24 hours....by night time its 20% or less. I tried all the optimizations , maybe something is screwed up with battery itself. Have a spare battery, will try with that.

Also, I've NFC enabled, but how to use it ? Do I swipe it like a CC at stores ?

Then you're doing it wrong. :P

I forgot to mention one teenee-weenee important detail. I run it with almost all the bells and whistles during the day, but hard switch off during the nights. Simple eh? :P

Why do you have wi-fi switched on for so long? It's taking like a 20% hit.. Have you configured the sleep policy to turn wi-fi off when screen is off?

Shouldn't it do that by itself? If I have to, how do I do that?

@iChilly: You are getting over 24 hours on battery. That's good. No worries there.

Nope, that's with the phone almost idle, at most 2-3 hours of usage for calls, some settings etc. No other use.

I do like one thing though, if I install an app, like whatsapp or a ringtone app, the app is included in system wide menus like share, set etc. Very convenient.