Inception discussion thread

achilles

so..the ending..real or dream?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if its Saito putting ideas in Cobbs Mind??

Telling him he can go back to his kids,stopping cobb from checking the totem in the opium den,saving mr.cobb in mombasa,explaining the mission,Mr,fisher not recognizing Saito even though they are competitors

Or maybe Mal is his sub-conscious trying to protect him??

Yes it can interpreted as that way as well. The fact that Saito magically shows up to rescue Cobb during the Mombassa chase and him stopping Cobb from spinning the totem support this theory.

As for Fischer not recognizing Saito... that is one of the things that has been bothering me since the first viewing. Even if we accept that Fischer probably rejected him as just another projection in his dreams it still isn't a proper explanation. I mean Fischer clearly watches him point the gun at his face in the taxi in level one. And Fischer doesn't know level one was a dream. For him that was reality. But I guess its safe to assume that its very difficult for him to remember what happened before he started dreaming as shown in the bathroom scene on the hotel level.

Another explanation is that Fischer may not know about Saito much and what exactly he looks like since he was never really interested much in his father's empire. This is highly unlikely though.

I still find it strange that of all people, Fischer and Saito were the two people sent inside the base...

Archived