Inception discussion thread

achilles

so..the ending..real or dream?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I in a dream dreaming, that I am in a dream dreaming about being in a dream, designed by crishtopher nolan, and manipulated it to show me his dream, called "inception", so that I can realise, that its just a dream I am dreaming.

Or Am I dreaming that when Nolan showed me, that its just a dream, I am still unable to realise the truth, and that's why I am dreaming about posting it all here, expecting a response from all of you. And I am not even sure, if its all just me dreaming what would happen if I would have not said "Hi" to that girl, in class 10th, and that anything and everything happened after is just a dream, and I didn't saw "Inception".

:ko:

:ko:

Does it make sense to anyone. f**k, this sh*t. Bhaang and Inception wasn't such a good idea, afterall. How am I even dreaming about what I just said? :doh:

@Ne0

Did you see the posistion of the kids in the last scene it is the same thing he has been seeeing throughout the movie and even their dresses was same!!

There are lot of other Points too!! and from now the movie gets more interested for you!!

I still believe that the end was real , as the totem in the end wobbled which it wont have in a dream . This theory is better supported than the dream ending story.

But one also cant rule out the dream ending story either.

Only Nolan can answer this question . The fact that even after the movie we are still guessing over the ending is a master ploy by nolan :majesty:

Here s a pretty good overview and good discussion on the movie s ending . Even IMDB has a very good Q&A on the whole movie.

@Ne0

Did you see the posistion of the kids in the last scene it is the same thing he has been seeeing throughout the movie and even their dresses was same!!

There are lot of other Points too!! and from now the movie gets more interested for you!!

Their shoes were different :P

^^ u mean, he's stuck in a limbo forever ? and he does an inception on himself to believe that its the reality ?

@neo Check out the link i ve posted and this IMDB one too

@Ne0

Bro, I would request yu to not think much about this movie... It'll corrupt yur days... Trust me!! When I was in this mode, 3-4 days just passed by thinking and discussing 'bout this movie with countless people... & everyone on a different prospective, which sadly were very factful... IMO, Whatever yur mind comprehends about this movie, can be supported as truth!!

some clarifications needed, don't want to wade through so many previous pages :P

1. how did mal take fischer with her ?

2. how does diCaprio escape to the real world at the end ?

Best answers I can come up with...

1. Mal is not real. She's a projection of Cobb's own subconscious who tries to get in his way because of his guilt. So in a way Cobb killed Fischer and he ended up in limbo. According to the movie's rules, limbo is shared dream space which is characterized by the person who has spent the most time there (in this case Cobb). Mal wasn't actually in limbo during the final scenes but it was Cobb's projection of her since he followed Fischer into limbo. As for how Mal had Fischer tied up on the porch. Well, thats a bit tricky to answer. The explanation I came up with is that Cobb came to terms with his guilt during his conversation with Mal. Also since that version of limbo was a product of Mal and Cobb's subconscious he/she could find Fischer easily. Cobb tricked that part of his subconscious (Mal) into revealing where Fischer was. Extraction is his business after all.

2. Does he? :bigyellowgrin: Anyway, let's assume he does. Saito dies in the third level of the dream and goes to limbo. Cobb remains in limbo after he is stabbed by Mal to find him and remind him that he's in limbo. By the time Cobb finds Saito, Saito has already aged (as he has accepted limbo as his reality). Remember that a few moments in reality are decades in limbo. Cobb doesn't age because he KNOWS he is in limbo but still has some trouble remembering in the end. So Cobb finds Saito and reminds him of his agreement. Saito vaguely has memories of it but after meeting Cobb and spinning his totem he suddenly realizes where he is. It is implied that Saito shoots Cobb and then himself to wake up from limbo (that's what Mal and Cobb did to wake up - kill themselves). However there is also the possibility that the sedation wore off and Saito and Cobb simply "woke up". And the reason their brains didn't get "fried" was because they knew the truth before waking up.

They were all out of the dream when the plane descends. Immigration forms are usually distributed long before (15-20 mins) the flight starts the descent.

Also the change in gravity/environment usually affects only one layer of the dream (that's why there was no loss of gravity in the snow level).

Archived