The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Thanks bro.

Ill be getting a new monitor by July end/Aug first week so if you find a good deal or a better monitor, let me know.

Actually mail Benq India for their main dealer in your city , in my case I got the best price through this method compare to other shops,so I suggest you try the same.

Thanks man, also how is the Panasonic Viera series?

Great IMO but outta your budget I guess

There may be a few Panasonic viera plasma's in your budget but not full HD :P

And I don't recommend 720p :chair:

Try grey market as well :devil:

Great IMO but outta your budget I guess

There may be a few Panasonic viera plasma's in your budget but not full HD :P

And I don't recommend 720p :chair:

Try grey market as well :devil:

Hell no, i already have a 26inch 1080i LCD tv, getting this one as the bigger and badder brother, want the full 1080p HD now :devil:

so Samsung it is then.

How is the series 5 and 6 in terms of viewing angle? they good?, my currrent tv has a very poor VA.

Hell no, i already have a 26inch 1080i LCD tv, getting this one as the bigger and badder brother, want the full 1080p HD now :devil:

so Samsung it is then.

How is the series 5 and 6 in terms of viewing angle? they good?, my currrent tv has a very poor VA.

Pretty good I guess ...178 degrees afaik

I am buying a new T.V for gaming in the coming week under 20k.(Can stretch upto 23k Max).22inch Full HD Led or 32inch HD Ready , which is a more viable option and which one is ideal for gaming.

Bump.How's the quality of Philips T.V's when compared to the other major brands. :scratchchin:

How is LG 32LW4500/32LM6200?

Both have 2D to 3D technology. Is that means those games/TV Channels which are not comes with 3D compatible like FIFA, NFS etc. still I transfer into 3D?

Suggest a 32" Full HD LED TV around 40k.

I will use it as multipurpose i.e. for PC, PS3 & TV.

My first priority is gaming then watching Sports on HD...

I got Samsung UA32D5000 32" Full HD LED TV for Rs.31000 with 1 year Samsung warranty. This TV is really great to watch sports in HD and reads any format file for playing movies, but would not recommend for FPS games in PS3 since the response time cannot match with the Panasonic Plasmas.

Both have 2D to 3D technology. Is that means those games/TV Channels which are not comes with 3D compatible like FIFA, NFS etc. still I transfer into 3D?

My cousin has this LG model 42" 3D TV, but i would never recommend this 2D to 3D conversion. Got eye pain within 5 minutes of watching and moreover he has been watching the Alice and Wonderland 3D movie for the past 1 month again and again :giggle: (Lack of 3D titles to justify the pricing). But, the actual 3D contenet is really fantabstic to watch and no doubts about that. Hope this helps...

Edited by Sherry Jose

I got Samsung UA32D5000 32" Full HD LED TV for Rs.31000 with 1 year Samsung warranty. This TV is really great to watch sports in HD and reads any format file for playing movies, but would not recommend for FPS games in PS3 since the response time cannot match with the Panasonic Plasmas.

My cousin has this LG model 42" 3D TV, but i would never recommend this 2D to 3D conversion. Got eye pain within 5 minutes of watching and moreover he has been watching the Alice and Wonderland 3D movie for the past 1 month again and again :giggle: (Lack of 3D titles to justify the pricing). But, the actual 3D contenet is really fantabstic to watch and no doubts about that. Hope this helps...

thnx mate. I booked the 32LM6200 model... :gunsmilie:

2D to 3D conversion in LG passive sets is pretty good actually (I use it a lot on HD content), but please remember, it only adds depth to the video. There is no pop out when watching 2d-3d converted vids. Also, very important note, 2d-3d conversion is comfortable to watch only in 'HD' content. If you watch 2D SD content converted to 3D, you would have a headache in no time!!

As for 3D content, I actually do not agree that there is a lack of 3D content anymore!!!! There are loads of 3D movies out there now, just remember to download HD ones, 1080P is most recommended. As for gaming, well its still a hit-n-miss with them. Some games (UC3) just have to be played atleast once in 3D.....while others (kz3, gt5 etc) are very average!!!

However, If you are going for a 3DTV, I would recommend atleast 47" if your viewing distance is even an inch more than 8ft. I made the mistake of buying a 42inch one fgor a viewing distance of 8ft after reading all the crap on the net (though a lot of actual owners did warn me to go for 47 instead of 42...wish i had listened to them).....and i wish i had got 47 instead :(!

2D to 3D conversion in LG passive sets is pretty good actually (I use it a lot on HD content), but please remember, it only adds depth to the video. There is no pop out when watching 2d-3d converted vids. Also, very important note, 2d-3d conversion is comfortable to watch only in 'HD' content. If you watch 2D SD content converted to 3D, you would have a headache in no time!!

As for 3D content, I actually do not agree that there is a lack of 3D content anymore!!!! There are loads of 3D movies out there now, just remember to download HD ones, 1080P is most recommended. As for gaming, well its still a hit-n-miss with them. Some games (UC3) just have to be played atleast once in 3D.....while others (kz3, gt5 etc) are very average!!!

However, If you are going for a 3DTV, I would recommend atleast 47" if your viewing distance is even an inch more than 8ft. I made the mistake of buying a 42inch one fgor a viewing distance of 8ft after reading all the crap on the net (though a lot of actual owners did warn me to go for 47 instead of 42...wish i had listened to them).....and i wish i had got 47 instead :(!

Actually this is for my room which is not that big to use 42" or 47". 32" is optimum for it.

later on next yr I have a plan to buy a 56" for our dining room which have that much of space to use it.

Got myself the Panasonic St30D. f**king sublime image. And the USB slot plays pretty much anything I can throw at it. Amazing TV. The idiot store guy gave me an incompatible set of 3D glasses though so havent been able to check out 3D.

Good call ichilles. Its a lovely set.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread