The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

44 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl: so much true, my 65 started feeling like 55 after walmount.. then I started using it by pulling front on the swivel stand so it appears upright, like on a stand and in air rather than being wall leveled and appearing small.. 

Yea, I've noticed this in stores. The TVs always look small, which is why I've never wall mounted a single one! It looks much bigger when it's a bit more forward on the table. Say no to wall mount!

@abhi90, it should be fairly simple to make out. Just have a good eye for detail, and you'll be able to tell if the packaging isn't factory and if the tape has been reapplied. It's really difficult to get anything repacked and looking like it's straight out of the factory, so I wouldn't worry too much!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Who gives a f**k tbh. There's a 3 year warranty on these things. If an issue comes up get it fixed for free. While I believe the chances of it happening are actually low especially at diwali when the models really aren't out for that long, I don't think it's worth the time and energy to worry about pansy sh*t like this. 

Pansy? Really? 

It's easy to mount the moral high horse when it's not your hard earned money at stake. Not surprised though by your choice of words. :lol:

Nobody's spending sleepless nights over it. Try reading and comprehending before rushing out with the judgement. I wouldn't break a sweat if I went down to buy a box of ciggy's and swung by at a store to book one on pure impulse. But irrespective of whether something costs 10rs or 1.2L, the feeling of being conned especially when you trusted someone (a store) and gracefully requested and accepted the final discount, is something you might not be grown up to perceive yet. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, adity said:

I'm just saying that there literally nothing we can do against an expert con. No matter what anyone says, it's hard as sh*t to spot that bs and if it does happen it's not easy to get it replaced. 

At the end of the day, you have a 3 year warranty which can be extended by 2 years. LG has excellent support so really I don't think it's worth the time to stress over it. Besides that, if you consider how many demo units there are and how many packed ones, you'd know that you probably won't be conned a whole lot of times even if every salesman is an a**hole con. 

I don't really get the comment of hard earned money. Every penny I spend is hard earned. 

Not stressing over it bro. My stress levels go up ONLY when my home bar runs down to 50% :lol:

Tu pansy bola isliye :bash:

And yes I do agree the chances of landing in this situation twice in a row is unlikely. That's what I wrote too. I'll do some proper due diligence this time and be absolutely stern that I will not accept any kind of hanky panky to the packaging or in the oled runtime stat tracker. Baaki aur I might have to Google up to be better informed. 

17 minutes ago, adity said:

Sorry I didn't read. Maybe it's just the way I'm wired but I'm pretty cynical and don't really expect people to put their personal interests over mine especially people in sales where their income is directly related to how much they sell and don't really have a lot at stake since they can just bounce around the bajillion stores in the city. 

That's like taking a spoonful of water from the waves at the beach and saying "there's no sharks in the ocean" 

A con isn't possiblr without the connivance of multiple levels. BC Foreplay ke din Wordplay Karna pad raha hai :lol:

The store salesman may or may not be the culprit but he's probably the first in line to look out for soft targets. Next up would be the store management themselves trailing back to the warehouse. 

But do what you do. If it's your money, who is anyone else is to judge where and how you get to spend it. 

25 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

That's like taking a spoonful of water from the waves at the beach and saying "there's no sharks in the ocean" 

A con isn't possiblr without the connivance of multiple levels. BC Foreplay ke din Wordplay Karna pad raha hai :lol:

The store salesman may or may not be the culprit but he's probably the first in line to look out for soft targets. Next up would be the store management themselves trailing back to the warehouse. 

But do what you do. If it's your money, who is anyone else is to judge where and how you get to spend it. 

Exactly. sh*t like that is the norm here. The least you can do is be careful lest we end up like the poor guy who sent his new Kia to the serice center and ound his unit replaced with a faulty one. How the f**k is this pansy sh*t to take precautions, especially about sh*t you're paying for.

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Yea, I've noticed this in stores. The TVs always look small, which is why I've never wall mounted a single one! It looks much bigger when it's a bit more forward on the table. Say no to wall mount!

@abhi90, it should be fairly simple to make out. Just have a good eye for detail, and you'll be able to tell if the packaging isn't factory and if the tape has been reapplied. It's really difficult to get anything repacked and looking like it's straight out of the factory, so I wouldn't worry too much!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

Exactly. sh*t like that is the norm here. The least you can do is be careful lest we end up like the poor guy who sent his new Kia to the serice center and ound his unit replaced with a faulty one. How the f**k is this pansy sh*t to take precautions, especially about sh*t you're paying for.

It's pansy to think of people as creatures who can do evil stuff like con jobs. It's pansy to be cautious about buying something that costs that much and you've already been burned once and we're not even talking OLED burn-in. :lol:

Apne saath nahi hua toh duniya Mein kisi ke saath nahi ho sakta. :D

1 hour ago, adity said:

Sorry I didn't read. Maybe it's just the way I'm wired but I'm pretty cynical and don't really expect people to put their personal interests over mine especially people in sales where their income is directly related to how much they sell and don't really have a lot at stake since they can just bounce around the bajillion stores in the city. 

21 minutes ago, adity said:

Sorry bro. Didn't mean to offend.

Reveal hidden contents

Pansy boomers

#yolo

Reveal hidden contents

Jk

I think your problem is vocabulary. You meant douchebag but wrote cynical. 

Ab samjha. Koi nahi :console:

Just now, adity said:

Oh oh what a burn! 

Koi nahi. Aur ungli karoge toh aur milega. 

Waise any specific reason for the sudden angst? I know it's valentine's but anything with me in particular? 

1 minute ago, adity said:

I'm only kidding, lol. I don't know why you're getting so triggered. 

:lol:

I'm not. Yet. Only the old timers know what happens when I get triggered :chair:

Anyways all chill bro. Glad to know someone likes a bit of banter. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

I've used my fiio btr3. Works great. No noticeable lag with movies and shows. Aptx works. With games, there'll be lag obviously. 

Does the CX also disable game mode if you use bt audio? I'm guessing it does going by my current nanocell. 

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Why? :ack:

Looking for better audio options for the tv, now that the soundbar plans are cancelled. Also, headphones have the advantage of not having to deal with “noise complaints”.

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

WTF is kith? 

retard speak for “kiss”

8 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Does the CX also disable game mode if you use bt audio? I'm guessing it does going by my current nanocell. 

Yes, it does.

2 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Looking for better audio options for the tv, now that the soundbar plans are cancelled. Also, headphones have the advantage of not having to deal with “noise complaints”.

retard speak for “kiss”

Yes, it does.

:lol:

Get a decent soundbar bro. Am using a LG SJ5 for more than 2 years now. 2.1 but wayyy more than enough for a simpleton like me. 

Just use a custom ply plank to raise the tv stand and you'll be golden. That's what we oldies call Planking.

the office animation GIF

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread