Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Does the LG C1 run on its own OS? I'm reading about it and it doesn't seem to be running on Android. Any pros/cons of their system?

 

Also, I'm curious why the C1 is being recommended? Is there nothing better at this price range? :fear1:

It’s the best gaming tv available at that price point

 

4 HDmi 2.1 gaming ports , vrr ,gsync and free sync compatible,dolby vision etc 

 

whereas Sony and Samsung doesn’t have anything equivalent to the c1 at that price point 

 

if you need the c1 features on a Sony tv , it’ll cost u about 1.3 to 1.5 lakhs or so

 

look around a bit on YouTube for why everyone’s recommending the c1 , you’ll get an idea of it

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why 77 inch OLED in India are too much overpriced? Does these TV's not sell well like 55inch or 65inches? 

Normally 77inch OLED  from LG (C1) costs around 2900 dollars, which should be around 2lakh 80-90thousands in India inclusive of taxes, not more. But everywhere it's showing too much. Why is that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Why 77 inch OLED in India are too much overpriced? Does these TV's not sell well like 55inch or 65inches? 

Normally 77inch OLED  from LG (C1) costs around 2900 dollars, which should be around 2lakh 80-90thousands in India inclusive of taxes, not more. But everywhere it's showing too much. Why is that?

Haha. It was 10 lakh till last year. Sony priced theirs for 6 then lg reduced the price. I expect that this (3) would the price 2 years from now.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

 

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

 

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

 

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

 

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

 

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

 

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

Online pricing is always whack. Negotiate hard and you can easily bring it down in offline. Also, Croma and LG authorised retailers are relatively higher prices. You should try other retailers if you don't get your price. Reliance Digital, etc 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

 

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

 

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

 

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

I’m at Kolkata. Bought CX 55 last Feb, don’t expect good price offline in kolkata. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Guys I recently moved back to Bengaluru and I want to get a OLED TV. I’ve decided on the LG C1 55 inch.

 

The price online in Reliance Digital, Croma is around 1.5 lakh while on Amazon it is available for 1.26 lakh. Is this the right model? (C1PTZ)

 

Where will I be able buy the TV for lowest price, and what price would that be approx (55 inch)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Guys I recently moved back to Bengaluru and I want to get a OLED TV. I’ve decided on the LG C1 55 inch.

 

The price online in Reliance Digital, Croma is around 1.5 lakh while on Amazon it is available for 1.26 lakh. Is this the right model? (C1PTZ)

 

Where will I be able buy the TV for lowest price, and what price would that be approx (55 inch)?

You'll get the lowest prices offline during Dusera/Diwali. Vijay Sales usually has the lowest prices. Ideally around 1.10-1.15 lakhs after discounts and cashback. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, SuperT said:

You'll get the lowest prices offline during Dusera/Diwali. Vijay Sales usually has the lowest prices. Ideally around 1.10-1.15 lakhs after discounts and cashback. 

 


oh I don’t think I can wait till Dussehra. 1.20 lakh on Amazon including cash back seems like a decent offer.

 

Do you know if there’s a difference between the models C1XTZ and C1PTZ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:


oh I don’t think I can wait till Dussehra. 1.20 lakh on Amazon including cash back seems like a decent offer.

 

Do you know if there’s a difference between the models C1XTZ and C1PTZ

Get it from a physical store. You'll be able to get the same price with some bargaining. Benefit is that risk of demo pieces is higher on online purchase. 

Plus in offline, you can get 3 years warranty free too. Not sure if online will give you that. 

Checkout girias and other smaller retailers too. You can hit 1.2L with cash back. 

No difference between C1 and CX barring image processing software uodates but always get the latest model. LG stops selling older model as soon as the new one launches so the old model will always be demo piece. 

Upcoming C2 does have a higher brightness panel. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I contacted a Girias rep and he quoted ₹1.3L for C1 55 inch and said that with a no cost EMI ICICI credit card, AXIS cc, American Express cc I can get ₹18k cash back instantly, so effective price is ₹1.12L.

 

Can anyone help me understand no cost EMI? I have never once in my life bought anything on EMI, not sure if it is a good thing or not. I also only have a AmazonPay ICICI cc with me, so I guess I have to get a new CC soon too.

Edited by Gavara Tarun
changed cx to c1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

I contacted a Girias rep and he quoted ₹1.3L for CX 55 inch and said that with a no cost EMI ICICI credit card, AXIS cc, American Express cc I can get ₹18k cash back instantly, so effective price is ₹1.12L.

 

Can anyone help me understand no cost EMI? I have never once in my life bought anything on EMI, not sure if it is a good thing or not. I also only have a AmazonPay ICICI cc with me, so I guess I have to get a new CC soon too.

Isn’t C1 available around the same price? No Cost emi is interest free emi scheme; but usually you do have to pay GST and a processing fee nowadays

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aercy said:

Isn’t C1 available around the same price? No Cost emi is interest free emi scheme; but usually you do have to pay GST and a processing fee nowadays

Yes, its the C1 not the CX, I got confused. LG needs to get its naming in order how does the C9 come before the C1?

 

Looks like a decent option, I have to get a CC now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Yes, its the C1 not the CX, I got confused. LG needs to get its naming in order how does the C9 come before the C1?

 

Looks like a decent option, I have to get a CC now

There will some GST and processing fees but shouldn't be more than 1k. 

Also, I doubt it will be instant cashback if it's on No Cost EMI, maybe after 90 days?

Anyway, the cost should basically be 1.3L+1k/N months and then you will get 18k cashback in one of the N months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

There will some GST and processing fees but shouldn't be more than 1k. 

Also, I doubt it will be instant cashback if it's on No Cost EMI, maybe after 90 days?

Anyway, the cost should basically be 1.3L+1k/N months and then you will get 18k cashback in one of the N months.

 

So am I understanding this correctly? The store guy tells me I have to take a 6 month no cost EMI. So I will get that and pay 21.6k (1.3L/6) + 1k every month for 6 months.

 

One of those months I will get a 18k cashback and after getting that I can close the remaining payment early to save on the 1k every month. Is that correct?

 

Sorry for the dumb questions, never done this before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

 

So am I understanding this correctly? The store guy tells me I have to take a 6 month no cost EMI. So I will get that and pay 21.6k (1.3L/6) + 1k every month for 6 months.

 

One of those months I will get a 18k cashback and after getting that I can close the remaining payment early to save on the 1k every month. Is that correct?

 

Sorry for the dumb questions, never done this before.

I'll tell you how it works. 

1.3L is the base price. When you do a no cost Emi, you get an instant discount to reduce the loan value so that all EMI total to 1.3L (principal + interest). So you'll effectively swipe your card for an amount lower than 1.3L. This is a discount which you can benefit from if you foreclose the loan. 

There is some negligible processing fees charged (around 500+gst) and gst on interest component. 

Now just doing basic math we can see interest on 1.3L cannot be 21k so there is some other component of cash back which is involved here so get that cleared out. You ask him in clear terms what is the cash back and when you'll get it. Then i can help with the calculation for what your total outflow will be. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

 

So am I understanding this correctly? The store guy tells me I have to take a 6 month no cost EMI. So I will get that and pay 21.6k (1.3L/6) + 1k every month for 6 months.

 

One of those months I will get a 18k cashback and after getting that I can close the remaining payment early to save on the 1k every month. Is that correct?

 

Sorry for the dumb questions, never done this before.

Dude, 1k is one time.

You will be charged for 1,30,000 + 1k, that comes out to be 21,833 per month for 6 months.

And during one of those 6 months, either you will get a cashback of 18k credited to your account or your EMI for that month will be reduced by 18k i.e. 21,833-18,000.

That's it, simple.

 

When it comes to foreclosure, basically you will pay off the whole loan after you receive the 18k cashback (generally the 3rd month) and that will save you some additional interest which was included in the original price.

No cost EMI basically isn't no cost per se because instead of giving you the discount directly, the manufacturer goes via the card issuer. And then the issuer adds in the interest for final price.

You basically save on a part of that interest too if you foreclose.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Foreclosure must have charges too right? 

 

Also, my experience with ICICI's no cost EMI was that they gave me the cashback after 90 days on a 6M EMI. Right at the end. 

 

HDFC has zero foreclosure charges.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...