Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

LG OLEDs have decent speakers. They'll go a long way. In comparison, my Sony's speakers are absolute garbage. 

I couldn't agree more. Heck, in some movies/videos I cant increase the volume on the LG OLED more than 20 without disturbing the entire house. On my Sony I am sometimes struggling with the dialogues with the volume at almost 60. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Anyway, make sure you check the TV for any signs of it being a demo unit.

How to do this? Can't they just repack the TV and open it? Are there any telltale signs to look for? Thanks

 

LG C1 for 1.15 is a nice price! Given that MRP is 1.5L.

 

If LG C2 55" launches for 1.89L (Price is live on LG UK STORE), will there be any bargaining to do or will the stores NOT budge from 1.89 at all being a new release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

LG OLEDs have decent speakers. They'll go a long way. In comparison, my Sony's speakers are absolute garbage. 

 

14 hours ago, SuperT said:

I couldn't agree more. Heck, in some movies/videos I cant increase the volume on the LG OLED more than 20 without disturbing the entire house. On my Sony I am sometimes struggling with the dialogues with the volume at almost 60. 

 

This. Gets legit loud at even 30-35.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

 

 

This. Gets legit loud at even 30-35.

 

Also, decent bass. Obviously can't compare with a dedicated sub, but it's surprisingly good for invisible speakers. Packs a punch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Also, decent bass. Obviously can't compare with a dedicated sub, but it's surprisingly good for invisible speakers. Packs a punch. 

Clarity is bad though. Dialogues turn to mush. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Clarity is bad though. Dialogues turn to mush. 

 

Agreed. Dialogues sound thin (not sure if it is the right word). Having said that, that comparison is with a sound bar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

 

Agreed. Dialogues sound thin (not sure if it is the right word). Having said that, that comparison is with a sound bar.

 

We are talking in terms of TV speakers - frame of reference is not comparing with a soundbar or another setup. 

With how thin the TV is, the downward firing speakers are really good. I've mine wall mounted, and i don't really face any dialogue issues. YMMV if it's placed on a table. 

In comparison, the Sony TV speakers sound like 100 rupee China junk. They're really garbage quality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2022 at 4:54 PM, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Pulled the trigger and made the purchase. Got the 55 C1. Came up to 1.1L after all the cashback and discount. Thanks for the help, guys. Would have stuck with Frame and probably thought about the "what-ifs" had it not been for the discussion here.

Just curious how many years of warranty did you get? 1 or 3? Any idea on what type of warranty it is? i.e. comprehensive warranty / does the warranty cover burn-in issues?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ox- said:

Just curious how many years of warranty did you get? 1 or 3? Any idea on what type of warranty it is? i.e. comprehensive warranty / does the warranty cover burn-in issues?

3 years comprehensive warranty + 1 year insurance included in the price. Yes, the warranty covers burn-in issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

3 years comprehensive warranty + 1 year insurance included in the price. Yes, the warranty covers burn-in issues

Warranty doesn’t cover burn-in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Showroom guy specifically mentioned it does

Don't trust that.

LG doesn't offer burn-in warranty. They might change it if it happens relatively quickly but no guarantee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Don't trust that.

LG doesn't offer burn-in warranty. They might change it if it happens relatively quickly but no guarantee.

That's quite shady. They've also given 1 year insurance, so that should cover burn in, no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

That's quite shady. They've also given 1 year insurance, so that should cover burn in, no?

Don't worry, man. LG gives 1 time panel replacement if burn in happens. They don't cover it as part of warranty but it's covered. Also burn in is not a concern on the new panels unless you use it completely irresponsibly. Anyone owning C9 or above can confirm that burn in is non existent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Don't worry, man. LG gives 1 time panel replacement if burn in happens. They don't cover it as part of warranty but it's covered. Also burn in is not a concern on the new panels unless you use it completely irresponsibly. Anyone owning C9 or above can confirm that burn in is non existent. 

Oh, cool. I don't plan on hooking it up to a PC or set-top box so that avoids most of the static image worries. i'll just ensure that I don't leave games on the pause screen too long with the TV on then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Oh, cool. I don't plan on hooking it up to a PC or set-top box so that avoids most of the static image worries. i'll just ensure that I don't leave games on the pause screen too long with the TV on then.

I don't baby it tbh. TV has a lot of built in protections. Consoles too. TV screen goes dark if you keep a static image for more than 5 mins or something. Consoles also reduce brightness to 20% if static for too long. 

You don't need to worry about burn in at all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Burn in for static images does happen in oled. We used it with a set top box for a year and a half it’s been more than a year now since we stopped using set top box but I can see the set top box company’s logo when the screen is fully white. So yeah be careful with static images other than that it’s all good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kruzzo said:

Burn in for static images does happen in oled. We used it with a set top box for a year and a half it’s been more than a year now since we stopped using set top box but I can see the set top box company’s logo when the screen is fully white. So yeah be careful with static images other than that it’s all good.

Only OTT and gaming so I guess I'm safe on that front

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...