Resistance 2

KnackChap

^^ it is wired dude but thru the Wifi Router... sorry for the off topic but im so upset with my Nat 3 situation one of my main reasons for not using my PS3 often cause playing online without chating with your friends is FAIL according to me...

I also have Nat 3, tried everything from DMZ to port forwarding to wired connection but no use. Although I can communicate with others just fine, I just hear my own echo like those long distance calls.

I'm really surprised by this because its happening on two different ISPs with two different routers.

I use TI 512 and have used two different routers and have managed to get open NAT on both routers on my PS3 and X360 with only a little bit of port tweaking on the router.

OPM UK issue 25. Resistance 2 gets 9/10 + other scores

OPM UK which gave Resistance 1 a 7/10 has given Resistance 2 a 9/10.Resistance 2 is also on the cover of the December OPM with a sackboy chimera underneath it

Bioshock: 10/10

Resistance 2: 9/10

Mirror's Edge: 9/10

Far Cry 2: 9/10

Midnight Club - LA: 9/10

Tomb Raider - Underworld: 8/10

Motorstorm - Pacific Rift: 8/10

Dead Space: 8/10

EndWar: 8/10

Valkyria Chronicles: 8/10

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009: 8/10

Disgaea 3: 8/10

Silent Hill - Homecoming: 7/10

LEGO Batman: 7/10

A brand new vid,kinda messed up though!!

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=-77...91444&hl=es

Do contain spoilers

Nathan has the Chimerian ability to see silhouettes of his enemies

Also make not of ppl's response!!

IGN REVIEW IS OUT!!!!!!

IGN Ratings for Resistance 2 (PS3)

9.0 Presentation

A continuation of the launch title franchise, Resistance 2 continues the battle against the Chimera. Lack of a narrator does hamper some of the cohesiveness of the game, however.

9.0 Graphics

Resistance 2 does have some weird technical and visual glitches, but the sheer number of enemies onscreen at once adds to the feeling of a massive battle for humanity.

9.0 Sound

Otherworldly sounds coupled with great voice acting and ambient effects heighten the action of the game.

9.5 Gameplay

Single player is a great experience with an epic scale to the campaign, but adding co-op and competitive play within the game only serves to augment the overall gameplay.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

A fast paced 10 hour single player campaign with multiple unlockables and difficulty levels are matched with extra multiplayer modes, gameplay options and community features.

OVERALL-9.5/10

rating_ecaward.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:giggle::wOOtjumpy::dance:

LINKY WINKY

^^:lol::)

The first game was well known for its atmosphere, tight corridors and its surreal environments. All of that has been maintained, and even augmented. For instance, it's extremely strange to walk into the town of Twin Falls, Idaho, and see the entire place covered with flesh pods, which obviously contain the unfortunate remains of the townsfolk. When one of your squad mates remarks that seeing the entire thing makes him miss conversion centers, you can't help but agree with him. But eclipsing this is the sheer scale and scope of the game, which is nothing short of epic. In every single level, there is at least one moment that will make your jaw drop, such as the absolute devastation of Chicago and its total infestation of Chimeran creatures. The same can be said of the various "monsters" that you'll face off against, many of whom tower over the battlefield thanks to their size. The giant Goliath walkers in the prologue are one thing, but when you first witness the dimensions of creatures like the Kraken or the Leviathan, it's definitely one of those things that gives you pause (as well as a sense of accomplishment when you defeat them).

While the scale of the battles in the first game was large, the numbers present on screen at one point in time is simply incredible. You'll find yourself and a dozen or more soldiers squaring off against twenty or more drones, a number of Chimera, and a couple of turrets, all firing bullets at you. Facing down these incoming attacks can be daunting, but when you throw in the fact that the frame rate is rock solid without a hiccup, it's a pretty impressive feat that brings you into the action of the firefight. What also stands out is the fact that there are sections where you'll feel as though you've been through a massive battle – after you and your squad have blasted hordes and hordes of monsters that descend on your position, you'll wade through the bodies of the fallen enemies that litter your path. Details like this help to convey the situation that this is a larger cataclysmic battle in humanity's last days. Fall of Man was eye-catching in its battle sequences, but Resistance 2 blows it out of the water.

While the single player experience is a great tale with an epic scope, it is equaled, and perhaps surpassed, by the multiplayer modes, which are perhaps some of the best I've ever played, and I'm particularly picky about my multiplayer.

However, it's Skirmish mode where the mode sets itself apart, because the game will feature up to sixty players on scalable maps without any noticeable lag or technical hitches. Skirmish mode is objective based just like Co-op mode, with dynamic goals assigned to the six squads of five players each for the Human and Chimeran sides. These will cover a number of objectives such as controlling a particular node, protecting a specific location or eliminating a priority target on the other side. Rival squads on the other side will be tasked with stopping you, so you'll always have some kind of opponent attacking you and your allies. As time starts to run out in a round, you'll find that the objectives will start to funnel everyone towards a central point for overall domination of the map. This is where the largest battles break out, and also where the action gets most intense, which only serves to boost the level of fun to huge levels. Toss in leaderboards and lots of other multiplayer features, including the MyResistance.Net functionality that will track stats in real time while also giving a number of social networking features, and you have a title that will expand both replayability and community.

Resistance 2 is one of those games that manages to expand on its predecessor in every way. The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience. This is an exclusive that PS3 owners should be proud to have in their collection.

Archived