Dragon's Dogma

playstation

The game will die in india if it's still priced at Rs.3299/- , many people seem interested in buying it , stupid shops we don't want added bonuses , we just want the game for the previous price of Rs.2499/-

Pre-ordered my copy from flip-kart.... :wave: to my social life for a week..

Also, IGN gave it a 7.5, GT gave it an 8.7, Machinima gave it an 8.5... Fair enough... Should keep me busy till Lollipop Chainsaw hits stores... :paagaldance:

Got my copy today... Played for an hour or so... Mini review:

Graphics : Nothing to write home about... Great draw distance though..

Voice acting : Stiff animation during conversations and not that great voice acting..

Gameplay: Win, win, win.... Second best to Demon's Souls minus the aim button... Loving it...

The game will die in india if it's still priced at Rs.3299/- , many people seem interested in buying it , stupid shops we don't want added bonuses , we just want the game for the previous price of Rs.2499/-

nailed it. i want to buy the game but not chance in hell i'm paying 3300 for it.

if anyone finds a good import deal for the game down the line, please share it here (or preferable pm me as well :P)

^^ I second this... This game is worth every penny... The combat has a feel of hack and slash, which I love... I have played the game for like 3 hours now and I am at level 10 and still got a lot to learn about the game... One complain I do have is that the tutorial is very clumsy.... Thats my one complain so far... Initially the lack of aim button did puzzle me, but after putting in a few more hours, I am getting a hang of it...

Loving it more than Skyrim :fear:

Is it similar to kingdoms of amalur?

Combat wise, yes.. I do get the same feel.. However Amalur was way more of a flashy spam fest.. That's not the case here... You have a stamina bar and have to measure your attacks...

A few pros over Amalur:

Dragon's Dogma is way more challenging, if you drift away from the main path and venture into the jungles, you are sure to be overwhelmed by monsters, unlike Amalur where the game was a cake walk.

The above point gives a great sense of adventure..

Awesome PAWN mechanics, choose the right combination and the battles will be a easier. Combo of a Mage+Soldier is always a win :)

Better graphics, draw distance. Graphics remind of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Insane boss battles, I was in 2 boss battles and the bosses looked like they could do some serious damage.

Importantly this game has a JUMP button...

And the cons:

Loot wise, DD is inferior to Amalur. I am at level 10 and still stuck with my rusty sword...

Combat can be frustrating if lax (similar to Souls franchise)

Not much happening in towns. Its as though someone has declarer a Curfew.

Tutorial could have been better..

No lock on system, there will be times where you will be slashing north when you should be slashing south... You should get used to it though.

Bottom line... Ask yourself these simple questions.. Do you love RPGs? Do you love challenging games? Do you love solid combat mechanics? Can you spare bad voice acting and some stiff animation? If the answer is yes.. Go ahead and treat yourself with Dragon's Dogma...

Archived