Hitman: Absolution

Karooo

* IO have created a brand new engine called the Glacier 2 for the game.

* Agent 47 is on the run, they showed off a level in a library.

* There is instinct mode, which works similair to the detective mode in Arkham Asylum. It will replace the map screens from previous Hitman games.

* With the instinct mode you monitor enemies trough walls, burning-red trails highlight the patrol route enemies are about to take, and the mode also highlight points of intrest (like climable ledges and vents). It can also be used to maximise your disguise.

* The instinct mode can only be used for a short time, it is powered by a bar that refills when you do silent, stealty takedowns.

* Enemy patrol paths will now take organic and shorter paths, this is done so the player can anticipate when the AI is going to do something and not getting randomly caught.

* The mini-map in the corner of the screen is going to stay, the will give the usual info like past games.

* A new take on the threat meter: a grey circle appears in the centre of the screen, edges of which occasionally show where the player has been spotted.

* You can make weapons that are built into the invironments and are unique to each setting.

* The sneak animation has changed, Agent 47 will kill more gracefully.

* Levels will now be divided into discrete checkpoints.

* More focus on smaller sandboxes, because they want to control the pacing better and bring more variety to the gameplay.

* Long-time series composer Jesper Kyd will not be returning. The duo Peter Peter and Peter Kyed will be doing it.

* Longtime 47's voice actor David Bateson will not be returning.

mpiMJ.png

RUKh4.jpg

* There is instinct mode, which works similair to the detective mode in Arkham Asylum. It will replace the map screens from previous Hitman games.

* With the instinct mode you monitor enemies trough walls, burning-red trails highlight the patrol route enemies are about to take, and the mode also highlight points of intrest (like climable ledges and vents). It can also be used to maximise your disguise.

* The instinct mode can only be used for a short time, it is powered by a bar that refills when you do silent, stealty takedowns.

Can be turned off, I'm okay with that.

* Enemy patrol paths will now take organic and shorter paths, this is done so the player can anticipate when the AI is going to do something and not getting randomly caught.

Way to go IO! I love killing dumb bots!

* Levels will now be divided into discrete checkpoints.

Like screwed up save games in Blood Money weren't enough. What's better than 'screwed up' save games.. NO SAVE GAMES, JUST Checkpoints!

Also, Checkpoints == Linear gameplay, less exploration.

* Long-time series composer Jesper Kyd will not be returning. The duo Peter Peter and Peter Kyed will be doing it.

* Longtime 47's voice actor David Bateson will not be returning.

My 4th most listened to artist on last.fm won't return. One more reason to hate this game.

I don't have any high expectations with this one

Okay I didn't have any high expectations but now I don't have any. No way I'm gonna get this. P2P IT IS!!

Yes...As we can see,once again,A great IP is on the verge of getting dumbed down and getting screwed in the process!! :ranting: First SC,Now this.....f**k the Casual Gamers,they won't understand Hitman anyways.....Assholes will go all out Rambo and COD style with their guns blazing!

im just waiting for eidos to screw the series up like what ubi did to sc with splinter cell conviction, all for the sake of the casual market.

right now im sure there are people at eidos breaking their heads over how to incorporate co operative online multiplayer.

So, time to change my user name I suppose.

F**K U EIDOS. MOTHERF**KERS

Detective mode? Seriously? Gray area showing where your cover was revealed? WTF? Checkpoints? Read minds? :cry:

Archived