Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

Next time post full review than spinning it your ways. 

[/url]  

Battlefront II has all of the makings of a great multiplayer experience. Spanning 40 years of the Star Wars saga, I had a blast suiting up as a stormtrooper on Tatooine, piloting an X-Wing in the debris of a Death Star, and marching defiantly into Theed’s palace as Darth Maul. The 40-player Galactic Conquest matches are a bombardment of spectacle and awe, delivering a true Star Wars experience backed by excellent gunplay and photo-realistic imagery.

These battles are brilliantly devised, making most matches feel like the team is functioning as a united front, all while allowing each player to approach the battle with whatever class, vehicle, or hero they want. The maps funnel the action nicely, offering a nice variety in objectives, and chokepoints where glorious chaos ensues. The last Battlefront’s problem of not having enough maps is not an issue here. Battlefront II has plenty, but I’m not a fan of back-to-back matches taking place on the same map, even if you do get to experience it from the other side.

As enthralling as the gunplay is (and boy do these weapons pack a punch), my favorite part of the game is Starfighter Assault. The excitement of Star Wars dogfighting is captured beautifully here, allowing players to weave dangerously in and out of debris, skim along the surface of star destroyers, and lock-on to a foe to unleash a satisfying torpedo strike. Again, the visualization of these battles is nothing short of breathtaking – Battlefront II is easily one of the best-looking games out there.

Keep trying. aE5r633.png aE5r633.png
so he is trying something of he posts a score..

what about you posting quotes from multiple reviews but go on to highlight the good things written and making only the good stuff appear in bold..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just now, adity said:

It's a good game hiding beneath a terrible f2p model. 

There you go. That was enough. 

Just now, sobbii said:

what about you posting quotes from multiple reviews but go on to highlight the good things written and making only the good stuff appear in bold..

1. I didn't quote or post jack. They are the excerpt posted in the first place. Not mine or edited. 

2. Perhaps you should go back and read everything again. If you are going to shite on it, at least be credible than riding the bandwagon. 

xbNX2VV.png

Keep riding. 

And I did mention the good of it, too. 
And review link, too. Dunno what Joe is on to here. 

he thinks we are all bashing the game unnecessary.. and he is like some ea's knight in shining arnor..

we get it you like the game.. no ones targetting you for that.. most here will respect your opinion about the game.. your money your time all upto you how you use.. but it gets ridiculous when you start mocking others who are posting stuff that you dont agree with..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sobbii said:

he thinks we are all bashing the game unnecessary.. and he is like some ea's knight in shining arnor..

we get it you like the game.. no ones targetting you for that.. most here will respect your opinion about the game.. your money your time all upto you how you use.. but it gets ridiculous when you start mocking others who are posting stuff that you dont agree with..

Post of the day. This applies to everyone and every game. We all are here to provide our personal experience and discuss stuff. That's it.

4 minutes ago, adity said:

And I did mention the good of it, too. 

And review link, too. Dunno what Joe is on to here. 

Just now, sobbii said:

Except you didn't. You quoted out the cons alone while the reviewer clearly states what's the issue. 

Second, your tl;dr was also wrong and edgy and doesn't imply the review he posted. Tl;Dr Don't touch this sh*t with a 10 feet pole.

Yeah, not unnecessary at all. 

2 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Post of the day. This applies to everyone and every game. We all are here to provide our personal experience and discuss stuff. That's it.

None of them have played it and just riding the bandwagon. Apart from CC. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

1. I didn't quote or post jack. They are the excerpt posted in the first place. Not mine or edited. 
2. Perhaps you should go back and read everything again. If you are going to shite on it, at least be credible than riding the bandwagon. 

xbNX2VV.png

Keep riding. 
i am sorry i couldnt read it all.. the bold parts were distracting me from reading the cons.. i get it that wasnt the point at all of bolding only the good parts. :rofl:

[mention=12588]Joe Cool[/mention]
Excerpt from my post you got so angry on:-

One of the best-looking games to date, soaring both in the little details and the immense scale of war

Star Wars’ iconic music is once again used to great effect to up the intensity of battle. The voice work is also quite good, especially for Han Solo

The new class-based system works well, empowering players with a variety of satisfying ways to approach the opposition. Space combat is vastly improved
theres no point reasoning with him.. he is far gone defending this game.. just coz you posted a review score you are trying something against the game.. and just coz commented something negative about the game thats getting all the hate in the world i am jumping onto the bandwagon.. such a shitty luck that i wasnt the person to criticise the structure of the game would have saved me this accusation.. :rofl:

so if everyone is hating something and you happen to have same opinion is it jumping on the bandwagon..??
isnt it similar to loving a game that is universally acclaimed *cough* the last of us *cough*..

but hey lets not discuss further..

ps. not trying to be edgy or cool..

13 minutes ago, sobbii said:

i am sorry i couldnt read it all.. the bold parts were distracting me from reading the cons.. i get it that wasnt the point at all of bolding only the good parts. 

Cons are bolded too, but nice try. OS7Hg4l.png

11 minutes ago, adity said:

@Joe Cool

Excerpt from my post you got so angry on:-

One of the best-looking games to date, soaring both in the little details and the immense scale of war

Star Wars’ iconic music is once again used to great effect to up the intensity of battle. The voice work is also quite good, especially for Han Solo

The new class-based system works well, empowering players with a variety of satisfying ways to approach the opposition. Space combat is vastly improved

Don't let your personal vengeance get in while standing on the neutral ground. Perhaps, just link next time or quote fully than giving our wrong impressions. We get it, you are sensitive to loot boxes (but still 3 recently games are EA games and all have direct MTs...but okay) but no need to bring your personal vendetta when you have not even played. 

We don't want people giving wrong ideas. If it's bad, it's bad. If it's good, it's good. If it's both, mention both. You don't see me talking pro or cons alone. Heck, even when posting AngryJoe review, I give out the pro/con reviewer mentions. 

@ALPHA17 - I get that the MTs issue, but can we get some moderation regarding users spreading out false info or quoting out cons alone while posting reviews? It's like linking your articles and talking about the bad stuff alone.

Post fully or don't post at all. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

Glad to hear it. UkqN8bC.png

___

Reviews are pouring in:

• DICE, Criterion and Motive join forces to give us a game worthy of the Force. They have learned the lesson and, this time, we have the Star Wars game we all deserve, with enough variety and a lot of content for every kind of player.
  • With Star Wars Battlefront II, DICE and EA have righted most of the wrongs from the first game, and have created one of the best Star Wars games ever.
  • Battlefront II is everything the first should have been: it’s an immersive, fantastical experience with a heck of a lot of content to venture through. However, the game’s Star Card system is still problematic, and the inconsistencies seen in multiplayer, alongside the lack of in-game voice chat, pull it back from fully reaching its huge potential. Whilst the single player campaign is a let down in many aspects, it doesn't bring down the much improved multiplayer portion of the game.
  • So, does Star Wars Battlefront II fulfill the Star Wars fantasy? I believe it does, but it's a very Empire Strikes Back fantasy; it's not all lightsabers and Force-using. Sometimes it takes a blaster or two to get the job done or some fancy flying. It may require some frustrating moments of Dagoba-style training. At the end of the day, no matter who gets frozen in carbonite or loses a hand, you've got your squad to think about. Only together can you overcome the odds stacked against you.
  • Depending on what you're looking for in a Star Wars game, Battlefront II might be exactly what you need. It's clear that the developers have been paying close attention to player feedback, as this feels like a significant improvement over the previous entry in the series.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II is a game rich of contents and extremely close to the Star Wars Universe. Graphics are impressive and the gameplay is simple and solid. Iden is not the character we expected, but the campaign has the power to brings all the Star Wars Experience directly to the player, taking him to the different planets and giving him eventually a limited perspective of what happened from Episode VI to Episode VII.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II is a good video game, delivering a bigger and more detailed game than its predecessor. Much of the conversation will be around the loot box economy, but if you can look past that you will find a game that is as close to Star Wars magic as you will find.
  • A very strong multiplayer offering tarnished by overly complicated character progression, and a lavish, beautiful story campaign lacking in substance or subtlety.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II draw a line on the past of the licence. Complete overhaul of the space combat system, disappearance of the walker mode, addition of classes, big content at the launch, various objectives, addition of a solo campaign. Everything we could have expected in the first one is finally here. Only the cash shop and the feeling of shooting (little bit spineless) are a problem. Despite that we have in front of us a complete Star Wars game, especially with best SW space combats since X-Wing serie.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II offers a sizable improvement over the first game in almost every way. The campaign is short but well-paced and enjoyable, and multiplayer provides a robust offering with smooth and frenetic battles. You’d be hard pressed to find anything in video games that looks and sounds more like Star Wars, as the game absolutely nails those aspects, and is even visually stunning more often than not. I do hope the issues with loot crates, unlockable heroes, and resources can be ironed out, as they’re a bit more intrusive than I care for right now. Even so, Battlefront II provides a meaty experience for Star Wars fans, and feels much more in line with the original Battlefront games than its predecessor did.
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 is one of the most enjoyable multiplayer games of 2017, especially if you like Star Wars. It's also more flawed than it should be. Battlefront 2 doesn't deserve to be wholly defined by loot boxes, but it's inescapable given the impact they have on some of the core modes. This is why you don't tie gameplay to microtransactions.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II is a pretty good game and you're going to get it if you're a fan of Star Wars, no matter what anyone says. I'm just thankful that the game is an improvement over the first attempt and is incredibly fun solo, or with friends online. The loot crates diminish its value greatly, and it's a shame EA forces them down your throat as part of the core gameplay, but the game looks gorgeous and is enjoyable to play. Even if you’re not a fan of Star Wars, Battlefront 2 still a decent game. Just please don’t spend real life money on EA’s loot crates.
  • Fabulous fan-service marred by commercial concerns.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II houses a decent single-player campaign and good multiplayer, but, like the otherwise slick design of its multiplayer maps, that accomplishment is often obscured by distractions. 
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a great game spoiled by a terrible business model. 
Metacritic: 80. Ignored IGN, Gamepost and PCGamer as they are still in-progress. OC has included these at the moment. 

tl;dr - good game; terrible business tactics. Decide yourself. 

Game unlocks in less than 100 minutes for deluxe users. Standard users on 17th. 

H96sTfd.gif

Don't let your personal vengeance get in while standing on the neutral ground. Perhaps, just link next time or quote fully than giving our wrong impressions. We get it, you are sensitive to loot boxes (but still 3 recently games are EA games and all have direct MTs...but okay) but no need to bring your personal vendetta when you have not even played. 

We don't want people giving wrong ideas. If it's bad, it's bad. If it's good, it's good. If it's both, mention both. You don't see me talking pro or cons alone. Heck, even when posting AngryJoe review, I give out the pro/con reviewer mentions. 

[mention=12222]ALPHA17[/mention] - I get that the MTs issue, but can we get some moderation regarding users spreading out false info or quoting out cons alone while posting reviews? It's like linking your articles and talking about the bad stuff alone.

Post fully or don't post at all. 

yup ypu happen to highlight pros of the same para but somehow leave the cons out and the ones you do are tge ones which every tom dick harry and their mom knows about at this point..

you are just blatantly trying to voice your opinion over other with those posts like hey i was right from the start while clearly ignoring the other stuff said by the same person like its only what i said matters at this point...

at this point you have stooped down to a level thats worse i have seen here on ivg..

3 minutes ago, sobbii said:

yup ypu happen to highlight pros of the same para but somehow leave the cons out and the ones you do are tge ones which every tom dick harry and their mom knows about at this point..

you are just blatantly trying to voice your opinion over other with those posts like hey i was right from the start while clearly ignoring the other stuff said by the same person like its only what i said matters at this point...

at this point you have stooped down to a level thats worse i have seen here on ivg..

The pros were in the excerpts, not mine. You want me to edit out and spin it or just highlight the cons alone? SvGzPRa.png

Keep trying. 

Just now, adity said:

I bolded one goddamned line over which you got so flustered. You bolded several lines in your posts. 

You spun it your way and hilarious to see that tl;dr too, which, again, doesn't imply the review at all. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

You bolded several lines in your posts. 

Go and check again? Come back when you don't find both bold pros and cons.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

I didn't post the entire thing cuz I didn't want the post to be so long and I am on mobile, so it was a pain to summarise stuff so I posted all the relevant things. 

But you had time to sit and quote out the cons and give a nice tl;dr? 

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Don't forget that the first line of my post is the review score and the link to the review for anyone to see. 

I think the first 3 lines do a good job of giving out everything good in the game. 

The first 3 lines don't even talk about the MP, which is the core of the game... Sure does a good job.

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Is it bad to post a bit more about a single con which makes the reviewer deduct 2.5 points from the game? 

Didn't stop you from posting that? Did I?

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Also, no need to personally attack me by calling me edgy and cool. (wait, is that a compliment?) 

It was a compliment. No hard feelings.

3 minutes ago, sobbii said:

i played the beta but hey thanks for letting him know that i havent..

Good. That was also 1 month ago and things changed since then. But hey, thanks for letting me. SgF9duu.png 

Good. That was also 1 month ago and things changed since then. But hey, thanks for letting me. SgF9duu.png 
anyway joe let us know how well you are faring in the game in 1 months time.. if you still would be playing it.. have fun.. :hugs: